Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrong you would screw up all of queens blvd with that cause of the (F)(E)(R) and the (M)

I made sure to stay under 30TPH for both lines, but while maximizing service because the (7) is out, and Astoria riders might use QBL too. And there is almost no switching involved. (The (M) already comes in on the QBL express track, the (N)(Q) would already come in on the local...) Also, the (N)(Q) terminate on the express tracks at 179th, so it won't get in the way of the (F) terminating.

The last time I checked, the scenario said that the Montague St tunnel was open.

Yes... the connector to the Broadway line. Most people think (R) when you mention Montague anyway.

And I heard somewhere that the Nassau connector was closed off after the brown M was discontinued, does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Another hurricane problem:

Hurricane William hits New York but causes only mild damage. It however flooded the South Ferry loops and some parts of the White Plains Road Line. What do you do?

No (1) trains at Rector Street. No (5) trains between Brooklyn Bridge and Bowling Green (crossing over to the local track before going through the City Hall loops for reverse service uptown to the Bronx).

uhh i wanted to run a do over of my scenarios but never mind

Due to a switch failure at dekalb ave going manhattan bound(southbound not affected) which sets all trains to the manhattan bridge BUT the Other problem is the switch is set to 6th ave!

reroute away!

I know you said all trains are re-directed to the Manhattan Bridge, but my question is does this affect the switch right outside of Pacific St (R)? Because you said at DeKalb Av.

uhh i wanted to run a do over of my scenarios but never mind

Due to a switch failure at dekalb ave going manhattan bound(southbound not affected) which sets all trains to the manhattan bridge BUT the Other problem is the switch is set to 6th ave!

reroute away!

Manhattan bound (N)(Q) run via the tunnel

wrong the switch failed... makes everyone go up the bridge via 6th ave

You just said that the switch right outside Pacific wasn't affected, so (N) trains will switch there and run via the (R) through Lower Manhattan

Is the switch north of Atlantic Av (B)(Q) affected? If not then the (Q) can run via Lower Manhattan. If the switch is affected, then Brooklyn bound (Q) trains will terminate at 34th Street.

i did it again REDO! again :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

due to a switch failure that determines wheither you go to the bridge or the tunnel has failed at all the following places atlantic ave barclays (D)(N)(R) and the (B) AND (Q) dekalb is also affected trains are routed on the bridge BUT They are routed via 6th ave..

reroute away!

Edited by BreeddekalbL

i did it again REDO!

due to a switch failure that determines wheither you go to the bridge or the tunnel has failed at all the following places atlantic ave barclays (D)(N)(R) and the (B) AND (Q) dekalb is also affected trains are routed on the bridge BUT They are routed via 6th ave..

reroute away!

So all Manhattan bound (B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) trains would be forced to go across the bridge and up 6th Avenue?

(B) unaffected

(D) runs local in Brooklyn and stops at DeKalb

(N) runs in 2 sections: Astoria to Whitehall - Barclays to Coney Island

(Q) runs between Astoria and Whitehall via local

(R) runs via 63rd Street, 6th Ave express, bridge, stops at DeKalb

Clearly stating:

NEXT:

Due to a tower fire at West 4th Street-Washington Square, switches cannot be passed north and south of the station.

Also, due to a separate issue, a police investigation at Times Square-42 Street and connecting station (42 St-PABT), no trains can pass.

Affected: (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(S)(1)(2)(3)(7)

Be aware of the current Hurricane subway changes, as well as the planned service changes for today!

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Clearly stating:

NEXT:

Due to a tower fire at West 4th Street-Washington Square, switches cannot be passed north and south of the station.

Also, due to a separate issue, a police investigation at Times Square-42 Street and connecting station (42 St-PABT), no trains can pass.

Affected: (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(S)(1)(2)(3)(7)

Be aware of the current Hurricane subway changes, as well as the planned service changes for today!

First times Square

1 242-96 street

2 via lexington ave express

3 148-96 street

S suspended

7 main street to vernon jackson (instruct passengers who want to get into manhattan to transfer to (N) AND (Q) and get off at lexington ave 59th street

N and Q ditmars to lexington 59th street relay in 5th ave station Brooklyn (N) segment run atlantic pacific to coney island Brooklyn Q segment Prospect park to brighton Beach

R 71st street to 57th street 7th ave via 63rd street (brooklyn segment not affected)

A 207th to 59th and trains from queens terminal termimate at jay street relay at high street

C manhattan suspended Brooklyn segment euclid to jay streeet relat at high street

Now the west 4th street Problem

A AND C same as above same for time square incident

B suspended

D 205th to 34th street and atlantic and pacific to coney island

E Jamaica ctr to lexington ave

F 179th to 57th street 6th ave relay outside station and coney island to jay street relay in york street

M divert to chambers street (if trains are coming from forest hills terminate them at lexington ave 53rd street also if they are already on the way to forest hills and past west 4th street proceed if stuck at broadway lafayette stop and stay )

NEW SCENARIO!

Due to multiple incidents listen to them carefully

affected

(B)(F)(Q)

First Incident along the brighton line. the line is passable southbound LOCAL only both express tracks and northbound is closed multiple 12-9's are caused by a suicide cult spread out along various local and express stops along the brighton line

Second incident 3 f trains are stopped along the line two due to an electrical failure and a mechanical failure another due to a woman giving birth to a baby causes northbound closures these incidents

Stalled train at ave X and at church ave (northbound)

Woman giving birth at avenue I (northbound)

round robin is avalable at your disposal

Second scenario

affected routes (J)(M)(Z)

Direction of travel west bound and east bound

First Incident

The switches at delancey street only enables trains to go via chrystie street and the 6th ave line

Second incident

and at myrtle ave the punch box is failing which is only enabling trains to go via the (M) Line

reroute away!

Edited by BreeddekalbL

NEW SCENARIO!

Due to multiple incidents listen to them carefully

affected

(B)(F)(Q)

First Incident along the brighton line. the line is passable southbound LOCAL only both express tracks and northbound is closed multiple 12-9's are caused by a suicide cult spread out along various local and express stops along the brighton line

Second incident 3 f trains are stopped along the line two due to an electrical failure and a mechanical failure another due to a woman giving birth to a baby causes northbound closures these incidents

Stalled train at ave X and at church ave (northbound)

Woman giving birth at avenue I (northbound)

round robin is avalable at your disposal

Second scenario

affected routes (J)(M)(Z)

Direction of travel west bound and east bound

First Incident

The switches at delancey street only enables trains to go via chrystie street and the 6th ave line

Second incident

and at myrtle ave the punch box is failing which is only enabling trains to go via the (M) Line

reroute away!

(B): Southbound via Brighton Local, Northbound via Culver Express.

(F): Northbound via Culver Express.

(J): No service b/w Essex Street & Kosciuszko Street.

(M): Late nights extended to 57th Street.

(N): Select northbound trains via 4th Avenue Local.

(Q): Northbound via Sea Beach Express - 4th Avenue Express.

(Z): Suspended.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity