Subway - What If?

VWM

Why would you have some (D) trains go over the Brighton Line for? Then you'll have unnecessary gap on the West End Line, and confuse alot of people on all stations north of Grand Street. You already have the (Q) making all stops anyway. The "express" doesn't count btw. Why would you have the (D) crews go through all that stress for?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have another scenario.

An assassination attempt has been made on Sonic and Mario at City Hall after their heroic actions of saving Obama days earlier at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel from a bomb attack by an ISIS. Right now, all of Lower Manhattan (generally the Financial District, Civic Center, and Chinatown) is under state of emergency, and the hunt is on for the assassin responsible.*

How would subway, bus, and ferry service be affected?

*This will be updated when the assassin has been found.

I have never seen anything like this in this thread or anywhere in the nyc subway. Can you please stop with the crazy things, I am surprised I would be saying this here.  Can you please tone down?

Moving along...

Parts of the city is in a huge blackout. Areas affected are...

-Manhattan north of 110 St, and south of Houston St

-Downtown Brooklyn north of (and including) Atlantic Av and west of (and including) Flatbush Av

...this will last a week

I have never seen anything like this in this thread or anywhere in the nyc subway. Can you please stop with the crazy things, I am surprised I would be saying this here.  Can you please tone down?

Oh, okay... I'll be more sensible (as well as toning it down) now after what you just witnessed... Sorry for any inconvenience.

NEXT:

A water main break on the west end of Central Park South between 7th and 8th Avenues has created a big problem for the Broadway, Broadway-7th Avenue and 8th Avenue lines in that area.  Service east of 7th Avenue at CPS is unaffected by this.

(A): No service b/w 125th Street & 34th Street. Limited service b/w 125th Street & 72nd Street, downtown via local, uptown via exp.

(B): No service b/w Bedford Park Blvd & 42nd Street. Trains run via Brighton Local.

(C): No service b/w 168th Street & Chambers Street.

(D): No service b/w 125th Street & 42nd Street. Limited service b/w 125th Street & 72nd Street, downtown via local, uptown via exp.

(N)(R): No service b/w 5th Avenue-59th Street & 42nd Street. Select (N) trains terminate at Queensboro Plaza. Select (R) trains terminate at Queens Plaza.

(Q): Suspended. Some trains are put on the (B) line.

(1): No service b/w 96th Street & 42nd Street.

(2): Via Lexington Avenue Express.

(3): No service b/w 96th Street & 42nd Street or Chambers Street.

Because some smart person decided to pull the emergency brake on a train that was wrong railing because of a train that has a mechanical problem at 5 Avenue-59 Street, the train stalled outside Lexington. However, there's a signal malfunction, so now the train can't move, and clogged up all the tracks. Reroute (N)(Q)(R) trains. This is on a weekend, where the (7) is not running to Queens, 63 Street is westbound only, and all trains run via QB local.

One big gigantic MESS!
(Note: The Montauge Tunnel has reopened when this happens)

Some (F) trains from Brooklyn are short-turned at 57th Street-6th Avenue to accommodate the (R) running uptown via 6th Avenue
Some (F) trains from 179th Street run via 53rd Street to provide extra service at Queens Plaza

(N) runs in two sections:
Queenboro Plaza (Manhattan-bound level) to Ditmars Boulevard
57th Street-Coney Island via the tunnel, replacing the (R) on the Broadway Line in the uptown direction.

Single-track shuttle runs in both directions between Queensboro Plaza and 60th Street-Lexington Avenue on the Queens-bound track.

(Q) runs normal to 57th Street-7th Avenue

(R) runs via the Bridge, 6th Avenue and 53rd Street in the uptown direction and via 63rd Street (not stopping at Queens Plaza) and the tunnel in the downtown direction.

Special OOS transfer in effect between Queens Plaza and Queensboro Plaza.

Because some smart person decided to pull the emergency brake on a train that was wrong railing because of a train that has a mechanical problem at 5 Avenue-59 Street, the train stalled outside Lexington. However, there's a signal malfunction, so now the train can't move, and clogged up all the tracks. Reroute (N)(Q)(R) trains. This is on a weekend, where the (7) is not running to Queens, 63 Street is westbound only, and all trains run via QB local.

(N): No service b/w Queensboro Plaza & 57th Street-7th Avenue.

(Q): No service b/w Astoria-Ditmars Blvd & Times Square-42nd Street.

(R): Northbound via 6th Avenue Local - 53rd Street. Southbound via 63rd Street - Broadway Local.

NEXT:

A water main break on the west end of Central Park South between 7th and 8th Avenues has created a big problem for the Broadway, Broadway-7th Avenue and 8th Avenue lines in that area.  Service east of 7th Avenue at CPS is unaffected by this.

(B) Two sections: Brighton Beach - 42nd Street, 125th Street - Bedford Park Blvd.

(D) Two sections: CI - 42nd Street, 125th Street to 205th Street

(A) Two sections: Rockaways - 42nd Street, 125th to Inwood

(C) Two sections Euclid - 42nd Street via 8th Avenue express (in order to switch trains at 42nd), 125th Street to 168th Street.

(1) South Ferry to Chambers Shuttle, 96th Street to 242nd Street.

(2) via Lexington express.

(3) New Lots to Times Square via 7th Avenue local, 96th Street to 148th Street.

Shuttle buses serve as needed.

The (MTA) decided to install radios at the Coney Island Complex. However, the (MTA) was unaware that the radio waves interfered with the planes, and making a plane set crash for the Coney Island Complex. The crash also has caused the backup terminals (Bay Parkway, 86th Street, Ave X, Kings Highway, Brighton Beach) to have their termination methods wrecked, and also causing a cave in at Bay Ridge. Reroute (B)(D)(F)(N)(Q) and (R) trains.

Note: I am assuming that by Kings Highway you mean the Kings Highway (N) and (F) stations. ok? :)

(B) Trains terminate at Kings Highway.

(Q) Trains terminate at Prospect Park.

Shuttle buses between Kings Highway and Prospect, also Kings Highway and Brighton Beach.

(D) Trains terminate at 62nd Street.

Shuttle buses between 62nd and Bay 50.

(N) Trains terminate at 59th Street

(R) Trains terminate at 59th Street

Shuttle buses between 59th - 86.

Shuttle buses between 59 - 95.

Note: I am assuming that by Kings Highway you mean the Kings Highway (N) and (F) stations. ok? :)

(B) Trains terminate at Kings Highway.

(Q) Trains terminate at Prospect Park.

Shuttle buses between Kings Highway and Prospect, also Kings Highway and Brighton Beach.

(D) Trains terminate at 62nd Street.

Shuttle buses between 62nd and Bay 50.

(N) Trains terminate at 59th Street

(R) Trains terminate at 59th Street

Shuttle buses between 59th - 86.

Shuttle buses between 59 - 95.

Wow, forgot that every line leading to CI had two backups...

(Q) trains run between 57th and Coney Island

(N) trains run between Astoria and Queensboro Plaza and 57th and Coney Island and via Tunnel

(R) trains run from Whitehall and 95th

(M) trains run from 71st to Middle Village

I generally allow the flights of fancy to fly in this particular thread since the ideas tend to stay in this thread. With that said, you still have to adhere to the rules of the forum, which prohibits posts of inappropriate nature. The post made by The New York Elevated along with all related posts have been deleted. I will allow this thread to remain open, but I recommend keeping the scenarios within reason. Thank you for your compliance in this manner.

Skipped question

Moving along...

-Downtown Brooklyn north of (and including) Atlantic Av and west of (and including) Flatbush Av

...this will last a week

I generally allow the flights of fancy to fly in this particular thread since the ideas tend to stay in this thread. With that said, you still have to adhere to the rules of the forum, which prohibits posts of inappropriate nature. The post made by The New York Elevated along with all related posts have been deleted. I will allow this thread to remain open, but I recommend keeping the scenarios within reason. Thank you for your compliance in this manner.

Okay. I feel like I'm gonna stop posting scenarios on this thread for rule purposes. It also made me have a thought whether or not to go hiatus. :/

Okay. I feel like I'm gonna stop posting scenarios on this thread for rule purposes. It also made me have a thought whether or not to go hiatus. :/

You can post your scenarios...just don't post the ones you recently posted a page ago.

That was just inappropriate by all means.

Edited by Cait Sith

Stop acting like you're the victim. If you're a f**king moron, your shit gets deleted. If you act like a rational, sane human being, it stays.

Next:

A sinkhole has developed very close to east end of the Fulton Street complex. The Lexington Avenue line is unaffected by this (as is the Broadway Line and the Montauge Tunnel has reopened by the time this happens) but the other lines in the area are affected.

(2) via Lex Av

(3) 148 St to Chambers St

(4) via Brooklyn Local

(5) Dyre Av to Bowling Green

(A) via Rutgers and Fulton Local

(C) via Rutgers, every other train 168 St to Chambers St

(J) Jamaica Center to Chambers St

Next:

A sinkhole has developed very close to east end of the Fulton Street complex.  The Lexington Avenue line is unaffected by this (as is the Broadway Line and the Montauge Tunnel has reopened by the time this happens) but the other lines in the area are affected. 

(A)(C): Via Rutgers Street - 8th Avenue Local.

(J)(Z): No service b/w Chambers Street & Broad Street.

(2): Via Lexington Avenue Express.

(3): No service b/w Chambers Street & Wall Street.

Skipped question

Moving along...

...this will last a week

(A): Two sections-

81 St to 2 Av via 8 Av Lcl (Northbound run express to 81 St)

Lafayette Av to Queens via Fulton Lcl (Queens-bound run express to Utica Av)

(B): Suspended.

(C): Suspended.

(D): Three sections-

205 St to 161 St

81 St to West 4 St (Northbound run express to 81 St)

36 St to CI

(E): Via Houston Street to 2nd Avenue.

(F): Two sections

179 St to 2 Av

Bergen St to CI

(G): No service b/w Bedford-Nostrand Avenues & Church Av.

(J)(Z): No service b/w Marcy Avenue & Broad Street.

(M): No service b/w 71 Avenue & Myrtle Avenue-Broadway.

(N): Two sections-

Ditmars Bl to 34 St

59 St to CI

(Q): No service b/w Ditmars Blvd & Prospect Park.

(R): Two sections-

71 Av to 57 St

36 St to 95 St

(1): 96 St to 14 St

(2): Two sections:

241 St to 149 St-GC

Eastern Pkwy to Flatbush Av

(3) No service b/w 148th Street & Eastern Parkway.

(4): No service b/w 149th Street-GC & Utica Avenue.

(5): No service b/w East 180th Street & Flatbush Avenue.

(6): Two sections

Pelham Bay Pk to 3 Av-149 St

96 St to 14 St (Uptown runs express to Grand Central)