Subway - What If?

VWM

Whoops.

AGAIN. I'm just trying to revive a thread that is dying everytime something happens. I may not be the best riddle creator, fine. If you guys want more realistic riddles, try to keep it from dying. Carry on Lance, good observation. Carry on chief. You're doing a great job pointing out my mistakes, and I will try to post better next time. Good day.

Edited by trainguy97

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEXT

Due to an Earthquake, every single bridge in the system collapses. This includes the Manhattan Bridge (B)(D)(F)(M), the Williamsburg Bridge (J)(M)(Z), and Broadway Bridge (1), and the Crossbay Bridge (A)(S).

Trains may stop at DeKalb Av, Grand St, and Canal St.

Trains may stop at Essex St and Marcy Av.

Trains may stop at 215 St and 225 St.

Trains may stop at JFK and Beach 90 St (TRAINS MAY NOT STOP AT BROAD CHANNEL).

(A) Trains only run to Lefferts Blvd

(S) Trains run via Hammonds Wye to serve both Rockaway Terminals.

QM16/QM17 Provide alternate service via Nassau Expressway. (You did say bridges were demolished)

(B) suspended

(D) Runs in 2 Sections: Norwood to 2 Av and Coney Island to Pacific St.

(N) Runs via Lower Manhattan

(Q) runs to Lawrence St via the (R) after Dekalb

(J) to Marcy, not via express Myrtle-Marcy

(M) Myrtle Shuttle

(Z) to Marcy via Express Myrtle-Marcy

(S) Nassau St Shuttle, Broad-Essex

Express Bus service Connects Marcy Avenue and Essex Street Station

(1) runs to Dyckman St, using the middle track to turn.

Service to 215 St is provided by the M101

One single train runs 225 - VCP back and forth on the n/b track to service VCP. Shuttles connect at 225.

Alternate Service is provided by the (B)(D) and (4) and buses.

VWM solves unrealistic riddles. Like a boss.

Edited by VWM

That's why I added at the very end that it was unrealistic

You keep talking. :lol:

Try and solve this monstrosity....

Due to heavy winds, (1)(A)(cool.png(D)(J)(M)(N)(Q)(Z) service can not cross thier respective bridges. Due to Construction, The Montague Street tunnels are not taking any trains through them. The (F) was re-routed via the (A) from W4 to Jay St because of construction in the Rutgers tubes.. © Trains terminate at 2 Av. Because of Station Rehab on the Sea Beach Line from 8 Av to Kings Highway, (N) trains have to use temporary platforms, but only northbound.All local stations on the (Q) are being re-done, and only (cool.png trains can run on the Brighton Line. A signal room fire has made the switches stuck on the (1) pointing toward 137 St yard. A derailment at 207 Stblocks the center and uptown 1 tracks. Essex st on the Nassau St Line is under repair. Chambers St is being renovated. and, An (M) gets stuck at Myrtle Av Station blocking the center and westbound tracks.

How do You Re-route (1)(A)(cool.png(D)(J)(M)(N)(Q)(Z) service?

smile.pngwink.png good luck!

NEXT

A tornado in Brooklyn causes damage to the West End and Culver EL portions. TELL ME WHY THIS IS UNREALISTIC. THERE ARE TORNADOES THAT CAN DO THIS, WHILE KEEPING THE BRIGHTON EL PORTION IN TACT. Reroute away.

Please be more specific by "causes damage." Are the ENTIRE elevated structures destroyed all the way to Coney Island? Is the Coney Island station affected with this or not?

I don't care what kind of fantasy event you come up with, just tell me where exactly trains cannot go and I'll reroute them.

(And when I said I can't stand foaming, I meant in the solutions. No way that the MTA's gonna revive the (W) or (V) train for a day because of some station fire somewhere)

Please be more specific by "causes damage." Are the ENTIRE elevated structures destroyed all the way to Coney Island? Is the Coney Island station affected with this or not?

I don't care what kind of fantasy event you come up with, just tell me where exactly trains cannot go and I'll reroute them.

(And when I said I can't stand foaming, I meant in the solutions. No way that the MTA's gonna revive the (W) or (V) train for a day because of some station fire somewhere)

I revised the original post

NEXT

A tornado rumbles through Brooklyn.

Damage

(D) 62 St-Bay Pkwy

(F) Ditmas Av-Kings Hwy

(N) 62 St-Kings Hwy

NOTE

TRAINS MAY NOT STOP AT OR BETWEEN THESE STATIONS

(D) to 9th Ave

(N) To Bay Ridge

(F) To Bergen St

Here's mine:

(D): To 9th Avenue, Brooklyn

(N): To 86th Street, Brooklyn

(F): Trains to Church Avenue & Euclid Avenue initially, in case of more inclement weather:

(F): To Euclid Avenue or 2nd Avenue.

(G): To Hoyt-Schemerhorn using G.O format.

The inclement weather portion is there because of the Culver Viaduct.

NEXT

A tornado rumbles through Brooklyn.

Damage

(D) 62 St-Bay Pkwy

(F) Ditmas Av-Kings Hwy

(N) 62 St-Kings Hwy

NOTE

TRAINS MAY NOT STOP AT OR BETWEEN THESE STATIONS

(D) terminates at 9th Avenue

(F) terminates at Church Avenue

(N) terminates at Bay Ridge

----

NEXT:

Due to a switch malfunction, both of the 8th Avenue uptown switches directly north of 42nd Street lead to the 53rd Street tunnels, meaning that ANY train traveling uptown on 8th Avenue (affects both the local and express) are forced to travel via the (E) line to 53rd Street.

----

NEXT:

Due to a switch malfunction, both of the 8th Avenue uptown switches directly north of 42nd Street lead to the 53rd Street tunnels, meaning that ANY train traveling uptown on 8th Avenue (affects both the local and express) are forced to travel via the (E) line to 53rd Street.

(A): Via 8th Avenue Local to W. 4th Street, then via (F) & (D) to 59th.

(B): Suspended.

(C): Via (E) line, 179th Street- Euclid Avenue.

(D): Normal service.

(E): Normal service.

(A): Via 8th Avenue Local to W. 4th Street, then via (F) & (D) to 59th.

(B): Suspended.

(C): Via (E) line, 179th Street- Euclid Avenue.

(D): Normal service.

(E): Normal service.

Suspending the (B) literally accomplishes nothing because nothing is affected the 6th Avenue express tracks in the scenario or in your reroute. Plus, you'd really send the (C) via Queens Blvd express and then via the (F)?

----

NEXT:

(A) runs on the (F) between W 4th and 47-50th sts, then follows the (B)(D) to 59th-Columbus Circle. Operates as a local via Fulton and CPW

(C) suspended and the (A) supplements service by running local.

(E) Normal service.

Edited by MTAFanBoy512

NEXT:

(A) (Downtown) Runs Local from 59th St to 34th St (Uptown) Runs on 8th Ave Downtown express from 34th St to 59th St

(C) (Uptown) Re-routed to Forest Hills

(M) (Uptown) Re-routed to 168th St

Next: Brooklyn IRT collapses. Trains can terminate in Lower Manhattan. The only lines that the IRT passes through that are NOT affected are the (L) and (S).

I could care less if the outside collapsed too. It is just a riddle, and I will solve it.

(2) White Plains Shuttle (241 St to E180 St)

(3) Chambers St to 148 St

(4) To City Hall (via Lexington Av Local)

(5) Bowling Green to Dyre Av

<5> Bowling Green to Woodlawn (via Jerome Av Express)

<6> No Service

Too lazy to figure out what to do with the BMT.

Next: Brooklyn IRT collapses. Trains can terminate in Lower Manhattan. The only lines that the IRT passes through that are NOT affected are the (L) and (S).

Ok, you guys really need to be specific about EXACTLY FROM WHAT STATION TO WHAT STATION IS CLOSED. Ok, no IRT in Brooklyn, but what stations are out for the IND/BMT?!?

Anyways:

(2) to Chambers Street

(3) suspended

(4) to Bowling Green

(5) to Bowling Green

-----------

NEXT:

Due to an incident at Chambers Street (A)(C), no trains may pass through. (The World Trade Center (E) is unaffected)

NEXT:

Due to an incident at Chambers Street (A)(C), no trains may pass through. (The World Trade Center (E) is unaffected)

(A) to 34-Penn

(C) Brooklyn only

(F) via (A) to Lefferts

Rockaway (S) extended to Euclid and Far Rock

(G) via (F) to CI

NEXT:Due to an incident at Chambers Street (A)(C), no trains may pass through. (The World Trade Center (E) is unaffected)

(A) runs in two sections:

207th-Chambers St. (E) platform

High Street/BB-Lefferts Boulevard (local in Brooklyn)

(C) runs via the (M) and then (J) to Broadway Junction (express in the peak direction)

(E) operates normal service

Rockaway Park (S) extended to Broadway Junction (running express Euclid-Broadway Junction) and in the Rockaways runs round-robin between Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park.

My god, this foaming is just simply unbearable.

What's the problem with just suspending the (C) and running (A) trains local and via the (F) between W4th and Brooklyn?

- The (F) is UNAFFECTED, WHY would you send it to Euclid via the (C) and extend the (G)? That just makes it SO MUCH MORE CONFUSING AND COMPLICATED.

- Send the (C) via the (J), and run it express in peak direction? Extend the Rockaway Park Shuttle along the express tracks to Broadway Junction??

Smh. I'm done.

Because of a medical incident, ther is a stalled (D) at Dekalb, and this happens when the Fourth Avenue Express tracks are frozen onto the Brighton Line Tracks.

Kinda confused...

So there is a (D) stuck on the (B)(Q) platform at DeKalb Av.

If you are saying the Bypass (D)(N) track is connected to Brighton, I would suggest creating something new because the only thing that connects is the 4 Av Local (R) platform.