Changes

Robert Bosco

The R160s are coming to the (Q), later this year I think.

About the (:) and (F), you have to consider that the R46s and the (F) are based out of Jamaica Yard while the R68s and the (:D are based out of Coney Island Yard. Switching the two fleets would make things complicated, as you still have R46s running on the (G)(R)(V) and occasionally (E), and R68s running on the (D)(N)(Q)(W), so it wouldn't make sense to have two fleets of cars in two different yards simultaneously. It's best to keep the R46s in Jamaica and the R68s in Coney.

At Astoria Terminal (N) trains sometimes switch to (W) trains and vice versa. This happens a lot, every day. AST is already a rather slow terminal (often times both tracks are occupied since trains hang out there for about 10 minutes each, and if you're on the southernmost end of the platform you can see trains piled up on the N/B track) and having to change all those rollsigns takes a long time. Changing them digitally via R160 is much more efficient and saves time.

Why are the R-160's on the friggin (W). I've been a (Q) rider my whole life and would love a change from the 68's.....While I'm at it.....the (MTA) should put the 68's on the (F) and the 46's on the (B)....change is good

Im sorry, but I must disagree. The 68s make Brighton, The Brighton Line. They've been their from the start and should not ever leave. On the same token, according to my knowledge, the R44/R46 Models don't operate on the Brighton for more than just the yards they operate out of, but because of complaints. I was stated that back in the 80s when the 44s operated on the (D), noise complaints ( same for the occasional 46 that would run on Brighton, if they ever did) ( hence, this is information that I received so I cant be 100% accurate). The noise complaints sent the other 75' cars packing, and left the 68s. I guess, im the only one who wants the (Q) to remain R68/R68A, and not see 160s on them full time...

That makes me want the TA to change the electronic script maps on the (2) and (5) to digital ones because those two lines swap fleets all the time.

If they do that to those trains why not just equip the whole R142/A fleet with new FINDs in an overhaul someday?

Archived