NJT ridership on 600(trenton)

qjtransitmaster

No, some of us have never even taken any of those routes. You're asking about routes that most (or some) of us have never been on, when you can just get off your lazy a** and go there yourself instead of askin us.

I understand that you have plans, if I were to ask, probably every person on this forum has plans of their own sort be it a new route, a variant, or schedule adjustment. But You don't see the boards clogged with unnecessary threads about an NJT route's ridership. The point is people would do anything to change NJT to the way they want it, for example I want the 135 to run on the weekends too so I don't have to go across town to catch a bus on Route 9, I would love to see the same with the 133, but I dont have that luxury because NJT isn't going to run a route on the weekends if no one will ride it. That's how the 134 got cut.

No, some of us have never even taken any of those routes. You're asking about routes that most (or some) of us have never been on, when you can just get off your lazy a** and go there yourself instead of askin us.

I understand that you have plans, if I were to ask, probably every person on this forum has plans of their own sort be it a new route, a variant, or schedule adjustment. But You don't see the boards clogged with unnecessary threads about an NJT route's ridership. The point is people would do anything to change NJT to the way they want it, for example I want the 135 to run on the weekends too so I don't have to go across town to catch a bus on Route 9, I would love to see the same with the 133, but I dont have that luxury because NJT isn't going to run a route on the weekends if no one will ride it. That's how the 134 got cut.

true so true 135 won't survive on weekends since it's structure looks like a slowed down 139 short variant. What can be done is an extension of 818 during off-peak hours to facilitate this. I had no Idea so many rtes I mentioned were never used by any of ya I had the impression since it's a well transit focused forum where all kinds of ppl use several lines all over. To tell ya the truth NONE of my plans are based on what I want emotionally they are based on traffic patterns I observe when travelling and comments I receive from others on other forums to confirm my hunches so I know which parts to eliminate from the plan. Most of it is not new routes unless there is NO other way to serve a certain corridor. When I form new rtes they are mostly restructurings of existing rtes. Many are compression mergers where sometimes as many as 4 routes or segments of em are merged into one regional line to form an interconnected stronger line that has more transfer opportunities that reduce total cost of operation. The zone fare structure only reinforces this. The goal is to maximize revenue the new line can generate in a manner the separate lines could never generate. My MD plan is similar but different unlike NJ service has to be added before the routes can extend to absorb adjacent locals to create better connectivity of areas and the service added varies by rte and structured in a way to avoid slowing down the line and maximize revenue the runs can generate thus justifying the enhancements. In NJ the service level of the dominant line is adopted in the merged route and the line with stronger levels is the backbone of the new line plus unlike MD it creates new express rtes between points that doesn't exist with major transfer points included intentionally to sell the rte as a potential winner. I used that (revenue) strategy to catch their attention after looking at the system and even NJT funded shuttles to support my ideas to tell the truth I could care less what NJT chooses to do my ideas benefit others way more than they would benefit me. My NY central area and southern tier proposals are similar to MD but very different they create more direct links to nearby trip generators and devour rural rtes that duplicate the travel path mostly new rtes are created from scratch unlike my others and connectivity is the centerpiece. The southern tier one was inspired by comments I received from others even lilbluefox inspired some of the NY ones she indirectly pointed out why the merged rtes would do better than the current network she never said it directly but she outlined why the current duplicates deter ridership I can send map guides to give ya a sense of what I am really trying to convey. My posts aren't what they seem there is deeper hidden logic within them it's up to you to figure it out then you will know what I am really saying. check out stuben transit and other upstate NY systems and NJT and LOTS in MD you will find clues that will give you an Idea of what I found to be wrong. FYI I don't even touch the major city areas cause short range is not within my knowledge base city is more complicated than regional.

damn I really do sound like an NJT employee now that you mention it. I guess I know too much. But I am not the spy you make me out to be. Do I really sound like some planner who works in NJT?????

You do not. No offense....

You're just a guy with ideas, and there's nothing wrong with that. I got ideas and plans too, big plans, but I'm not here posting about that because well, I could make money from that later in my future you know. Don't want to let out too much now....

at some point in time you need to just get a life. i honestly think your a snitch workin for njt.
Nahh, nobody from NJT is looking after you bro, LOL!

You do not. No offense....

You're just a guy with ideas, and there's nothing wrong with that. I got ideas and plans too, big plans, but I'm not here posting about that because well, I could make money from that later in my future you know. Don't want to let out too much now....

Nahh, nobody from NJT is looking after you bro, LOL!

ya know what you are right. I shouldn't let out too much I also have very big plans but most are amplified due to NJT's rail expansion efforts which would add trip generators to my rtes. Thx man I will NOT reveal my real plans here I have several and NJ is just one of many others I have. The concept is manipulating the highways to merge rtes over a distance to maximise revenue the runs generate in their combined forms. How do you plan on becoming a planner??? PM me info I won't make anymore plan talk. Checkmate sent me some but it's useless as I have no MTA ones. All however follow the same theme strengthen weak lines and decrease travel time compress networks to consolidate routes and create interconnectivity. You have gave me some excellent info. I am just about finished with gathering NJT info and I completed my NJ plans. Also I finished my NY state plans(central & southern tier intercity merger) and hudson valley(lower) plans completely. So I guess the next step is find out what to do with em.

Archived