Mess in Astoria this morning

6 Lexington Ave

There's a "train with mechanical problems in Astoria-Ditmars blvd". According to a tweet to nyctsubwayscoop the T/O came too fast, so the train hit the bumper. Can someone verify this?

some service has resumed I believe.

That I'm not exactly sure I wasn't there.and where does it say on twitter that the train hit the bumper.All it says is a" train with mechanical problems".

Well the exact phrase of the poster is "no shit! Stupid conductor didn't brake in time and hit the end of the track.", as a reply to "Mechanical problems at Ditmars"

I have pics, not posting them as things are still fresh. Just kissed the block nicely, anticlimbers touching thats all.

The first reports were that the lead car went through the block and was hanging off the end.... Turns out it was a big noting. I think the T/O needed some new draws after that though.

The first reports were that the lead car went through the block and was hanging off the end.... Turns out it was a big noting. I think the T/O needed some new draws after that though.

Yup made like a dog and took a crap. Still will be put thru hell tho

I took a good look at it at on my way to school. The bumper on track 2 was bent a good 3 or 4 degrees to the left (perspective from a northbound train). I thought it was something major, like the bumper had gone into the train. I asked one of the workers what happened, and he said it was a little bump, nothing major. Trains were using only track 1. But now, it's back to normal.

Archived