any good fanning spots?

Jonesy

Can you fan trenton try out the 606 and 600 I have used 606 its a very interesting run.

man, don't go tellin the guy to fan out in Trenton for your selfish purposes.... it aint all that safe, and the bus service sucks out there... I'd rather fan the 400's w/i camden before I fan the 600's out in trenton anymore... that's sayin a lot....

anyway:

I was thinking about going out today to fan anyone know any good and safe spots around Jersey where service is pretty frequent?

as others have said, go for it w/ Newark - Penn first.... that area's a transit fanner's & photographer's paradise.... union city & hoboken are also good spots....

Is union city near newark or a bus I could take?

it's not a hop, skip, and a jump away, but it's relatively close (less than an hour away).... you can take the 108 b/w the two points, but to be honest, that bus isn't really frequent.... I can never seem to catch it whenever I need it....

you could busfan within and/or take pics w/i union city.... then after you're done there, take one of the 8x (84, 83, 88) buses, or the 125 to journal square (which is another place you can fan & take pics at/around) & then have yourself a nice PATH ride into Newark-Penn from JSQ....

* so to recap, you can choose from Nwk-Penn, union city, hoboken, and journal square

(all of which are far better than some trenton IMO as far as taking pics & busfanning goes... you only get good photo ops @ trenton as far as rail service goes (amtrak, njt, septa))

Regardless, whichever one you end up choosin, enjoy ya'self man :tup:

* so to recap, you can choose from Nwk-Penn, union city, hoboken, and journal square

(all of which are far better than some trenton IMO as far as taking pics & busfanning goes... you only get good photo ops @ trenton as far as rail service goes (amtrak, njt, septa))

I agree with these choices, however, gotta keep your eyes peeled around the JSQ area, its almost heavily patrolled and those state police are total as$holes. I know from experience...

man, don't go tellin the guy to fan out in Trenton for your selfish purposes.... it aint all that safe, and the bus service sucks out there... I'd rather fan the 400's w/i camden before I fan the 600's out in trenton anymore... that's sayin a lot....

anyway:

as others have said, go for it w/ Newark - Penn first.... that area's a transit fanner's & photographer's paradise.... union city & hoboken are also good spots....

it's not a hop, skip, and a jump away, but it's relatively close (less than an hour away).... you can take the 108 b/w the two points, but to be honest, that bus isn't really frequent.... I can never seem to catch it whenever I need it....

you could busfan within and/or take pics w/i union city.... then after you're done there, take one of the 8x (84, 83, 88) buses, or the 125 to journal square (which is another place you can fan & take pics at/around) & then have yourself a nice PATH ride into Newark-Penn from JSQ....

OHH what happened out there??? how bad is trenton??

Thanks for all the help and info guy I had a good time up there, I really did...I'm mad nobody came out but thats ok there is definantly going to be a next time and Its going to be real soon.

I basically stayed around Newark the whole time and Just moved around to as many good spots as possible It felt like heaven I'm disappointed I wanted to get more AN459 shots though but I guess the runs are limited with those.

Where is Irvington if I may ask? thats what I seem to have seen the Neoplans on was the 13T, 13V and 39 Is that safe? I'm already Assuming Trenton is not that great lol

One more Question is Hoboken like Newark lots of service nearby?

Thanks for all the help and info guy I had a good time up there, I really did...I'm mad nobody came out but thats ok there is definantly going to be a next time and Its going to be real soon.

I basically stayed around Newark the whole time and Just moved around to as many good spots as possible It felt like heaven I'm disappointed I wanted to get more AN459 shots though but I guess the runs are limited with those.

Where is Irvington if I may ask? thats what I seem to have seen the Neoplans on was the 13T, 13V and 39 Is that safe? I'm already Assuming Trenton is not that great lol

One more Question is Hoboken like Newark lots of service nearby?

Ok let me know when your doing it again so i can come along haha i do live close

And irvington is north i think I'm not really sure and i only live a few blocks away from irvington lmao but bus wise 13T will take like 30-40 minutes to get to the bus terminal 13V and 39 doesn't go that way the 13V ends at wendys on chancellor ave. and cordier street in the parking lot even though it says valley fair that's no more and the 39 crosses that area where the 13V ends and continues to chancellor ave. and 42nd street those take about 35-45 minutes from downtown if I'm correct and around that area some bad stuff happens but since i haven't been around there so long i don't know now and i would say its safe on the bus i never saw anything bad on there other than it being full at times lmao though I'm sure someone might say otherwise if so i do want to know.

And for Hoboken the best spot is Hoboken Terminal but I'm sure someone will correct me on this.

Hopefully i answered it and didn't leave anything out lol.

Oh the AN459's aren't limited Broad and Market street is the best spot to catch those with the 13's and 39's coming down broad street each way and the 39's coming from Penn Station.

several buses go there http://www.dougandadrienne.info/njbus/indexnnj.html

Can you fan trenton try out the 606 and 600 I have used 606 its a very interesting run.

Trenton isn't as bad as it's made out to be, and there are a couple of places to busfan.

The three areas are:

1]Trenton Transit Center - This is the best spot for bus and railfans because three rail systems, two rail modes and two bus systems come together. Have patience because frequencies are a little slow. It is also one of the two spots in NJ where you will find low-floor buses in regular [not shuttle] service.

2]State and Broad and 3]State and Warren. If you don't mind an endless parade of NABI's [with an occasional MCI] it's a good spot for fanning.

Be patient, Trenton bus frequencies are slow and it is almost all NABI. it was better a year and half ago with the Flxs and RTS.

Trenton isn't as bad as it's made out to be, and there are a couple of places to busfan.

The three areas are:

1]Trenton Transit Center - This is the best spot for bus and railfans because three rail systems, two rail modes and two bus systems come together. Have patience because frequencies are a little slow. It is also one of the two spots in NJ where you will find low-floor buses in regular [not shuttle] service.

2]State and Broad and 3]State and Warren. If you don't mind an endless parade of NABI's [with an occasional MCI] it's a good spot for fanning.

Be patient, Trenton bus frequencies are slow and it is almost all NABI. it was better a year and half ago with the Flxs and RTS.

I did use 606 but I have to use it again to learn more I have much to learn about that line though and a few others too.

Try Penn Station? i took pictures there twice with the best time to do that would be like after 4 or so to me anyway since you can get pictures of all the buses there is easier.

Penn Station id becareful. especially since Amtrak restricts some of its platforms for ticket holders only, which may lead AMTKPD to pull in. Any major station with huge amount of passengers id becareful.

Now places like Ridgewood or Elizabeth are ok.

anyway:

Hoboken is good, but you got tons of NJTPD around. Newark, is ok, but not like the best(in my view), unless you like inside stations then your good.

Irvington Terminal is only safe to go if your with a group of people and in the day time also Newark Board street . Best places to fan NJT are near Journal Square, Hoboken Terminal, Newark Penn, Jersey Gardens, Meadowlands (during events), PABT (hard to get good shots inside, better to fan the streets near PABT)

OHH what happened out there??? how bad is trenton??

how bad is irvington???

The surrounding areas within those two cities, you're gonna have to experience 'em for yourself.... nothin beats 1st hand knowledge.

What I will say is, TTC is a hell of a lot safer than Irvington Bus Terminal....

The surrounding areas within those two cities, you're gonna have to experience 'em for yourself.... nothin beats 1st hand knowledge.

What I will say is, TTC is a hell of a lot safer than Irvington Bus Terminal....

I went to irvington the other day this sunday not much happened cause my wait for the 107 was only a few mins.

I was there on a sunday afternoon. A few years ago at 2010 I walked there at around 2 am to 3 am to wait for first 25 bus nothing really happened. I guess I am just lucky.

Most if the problems seem to be gang and drug related so if you keep to your self and mind you own business guess your fine

If you get time, could u take a pic or 2? Don't care if it's a cell phone pic. Just curious on what the sign looks like.

Was't able to take a pic but I was able to see the sign:

To New York:

119 NEW YORK

To Bayonne:

119 BAYONNE

VIA J F K BLVD

119 JERSEY CITY

VIA CENTRAL

Archived