Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw on another forum this morning a RUMOR from someone in the MTA said he heard from a reliable source that either a O/C TO Class is starting or about to be called. Just posting what I saw but if this is true guys with low numbers let us know if you get the call :P

Saw on another forum this morning a RUMOR from someone in the MTA said he heard from a reliable source that either a O/C TO Class is starting or about to be called. Just posting what I saw but if this is true guys with low numbers let us know if you get the call :P

Which forum did you see this on? I think it is just another rumor that doesnt hold any weight as 8098 is not even certified yet the last time I checked. It sure is possible that 8098 will be certified in a few months, but I doubt the next few school car classes will have people from 8098 in it. But hey, I could be wrong and that would be a good thing :(

Edited by Warduke

It was on the City Data Forum NYC Section. But Warduke thats a good point about the List not being certified. In the forum it did say if the class isnt called yet it is about to be soon and mentioned of course it could be a rumor so i guess well have too see but with you hope its right :P

I took the 8098 test in the summer of 2009. I scored a 92 and my list number was in the 700s, I think.

I also just received the notification from DCAS dated 8/31/2011 stating that I passsed the test and qualified for training.

Doh.. Like I didn't already know that..

I turned down a bus operator position to wait for this to come around, but this long wait just for a chance at training and passing school car has me not caring for this anymore.

Good luck to everyone waiting

• 4 weeks later...
I'm sorry but there's no possible way you scored a 92 and got a list # in the 700s, i scored a 95 and im in the early 1200s. Im just saying

yup me too 95 list#1235....dude better stop smoking that stuff you have to pass a drug test! 700 smh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well i received my congratulations you passed notice...then a DQ notice a few weeks later citing i didn't meet the 5 years work experience requirement. Which is BS because all of my work history before the filing shut off date equals 6 years and 2 months. Yes there are gaps in employment, due to jobs being part time and provisional...all i could find until 2003. gaps i pointed out on the first appeal which was denied. Then i showed them my work history, gaps in employment, my resume...which at the time was dated from 1995 - 2008.

I read the original application from DCAS and saw part time experience will be pro rated. I asked a DCAS employee (one of the women you see if you ever had to change information or file an appeal at 1 Centre st) what does that mean. She told me that if your part time experience puts you over the minimum required, they would rate it and add it to your full time experience and everything should be alright...well it wasn't because i was denied again.

I applied directly to the civil service commission, however i was late in doing so. Being on public assistance and running back and forth to offices and wep assignments more brutal than people think. However, they did take my paperwork, which included a hand written statement, my resume, detailed dates and places of employment, social security and IRS abstracts of my employment history. Still i was denied.

Now my only choice is to get a lawyer to go over the entire thing, which i have done. This just isn't right. They had no reason to DQ me because even with gaps of employment, I am qualified to be on the list...even by DCAS' own definition. I honestly believe i was unfairly DQed. I refuse to let it go, and i'm not shuttin' up.

Thoughts?

the only thing i can think of is maybe some of your work experience was off the books?

All but 2 are documented by the IRS and the Social Security Administration. A job from 2000 and 2002 are missing because my pay was so low i did not bother to file tax. According to IRS, no matter how much tax they take out of your pay, if you don't file at the end of the year, it will not show, unless you owe tax and they come after you. Even then, I am still in contact with people from the 2000 job that can and will vouch for me, as with my other places of employment except the 2002 job which went out of business shortly after i was laid off. Even with those missing, i'm still over the hump by 8 months.

Sorry to hear about your issues man its tough.I dont know why they are playing this game but it gets no better down here as well.. They still play these types of games with people...

Now with the MTA taking care of the testing process and not DCAS they can play even more games...

To any T/O hopefuls out there(Open Competitive) If what they are talking about goes through kiss That test bye bye this might have been the last one...:P

Sorry to hear about your issues man its tough.I dont know why they are playing this game but it gets no better down here as well.. They still play these types of games with people...

Now with the MTA taking care of the testing process and not DCAS they can play even more games...

To any T/O hopefuls out there(Open Competitive) If what they are talking about goes through kiss That test bye bye this might have been the last one...:P

RTO if what goes thru?? You mean every1 on the OC Test 8098 has no shot at being a TO??

RTO if what goes thru?? You mean every1 on the OC Test 8098 has no shot at being a TO??

NOTE this is NOT A FACT so please dont go off on a tangent folks,its just in talks...

Im talking this might be the last O/C Test for Train Operators...

Anybody who didnt take this test now the only way through to T/O will be C/R or Train Worker_______ <==Insert Number here...

Things could be a changing....

Im hoping they dont...

NOTE this is NOT A FACT so please dont go off on a tangent folks,its just in talks...

Anybody who didnt take this test now the only way through to T/O will be C/R or Train Worker_______ <==Insert Number here...

Im hoping they dont...

So every1 on 8098 O/C Test would be ok IF THIS GOES thru?? I hope so im so rde to make a move :confused:

Im hoping they dont...

Another reason Im glad I took this exam and got a list # in the 150s.

Im hoping they dont...

O wow hopefully that ain't the case....