Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they do the background check during the same few weeks you take the drug test, or is that after the 2nd visit to Livingston?

The "real" background check takes place while we are in school car. Thats why you want to have your ducks in a row because you dont want them to pull you out of class and have them tell you to resign because of something you didnt disclose in that 21 page booklet.

How so?

when you go down for your full medical and pass everything you will sit down with an interviewer. Tell that person you don't want to be assigned a class until your background check is completed. You have that right. If you do, keep in mind it could take a while and you may miss more that one class. The down side is you will lose out on some seniority which is extremely important down here when it comes to job picks and vacation picks. The plus side is once the background is done and they call you to start, you can go in knowing you won't get pulled out and let go for something stupid you overlooked on your 21 page booklet.

when you go down for your full medical and pass everything you will sit down with an interviewer. Tell that person you don't want to be assigned a class until your background check is completed. You have that right. If you do, keep in mind it could take a while and you may miss more that one class. The down side is you will lose out on some seniority which is extremely important down here when it comes to job picks and vacation picks. The plus side is once the background is done and they call you to start, you can go in knowing you won't get pulled out and let go for something stupid you overlooked on your 21 page booklet.

Got it. It's nice to have this option, but I personally wouldn't want to delay my class start date. Thanks for the info.

Can Some one who is in schoolcar or a regular employee, help me out real quick?? I want to set up my direct deposit. Im looking all over TENS and I cant find the link to it. If anyone can help me thatd be awesome. Thanks!!

You need to Register on the Business Service Center website and thats where you would do that

I tried to register on the site. I watched the video, and followed the link. The link wants me to LOG IN. I cant log in if I didnt register. This is so damn annoying.

In schoolcar they gave us a packet that was stapled together. the first page was labled , Accessing the External BSC Portal. Find it and follow the instructions in that packet. Edited by LIRRtoPenn

Called today just to check. Automated system said

Last # Certified was 4618

Last # Appointied was 350

My # is in the 1220s and I never got nothing else after that DCAS notice saying "congratulations you have been found qualified in the education and experience test for train operator 8098"

Was I pasted over or was I certified with that letter?

Edited by CalvinSC

With that list# and what u say they certified it means ur info is with the MTA so they have ur info and will call u when they reach ur list#

The 350 appointed should be last person hired which sounds abt right..I remember seeing ppl in the 320s goin down for pre employment physicals and interviews

Edited by Justin08

Happy new year to all!

Has anyone been called down to Livingston for final processing? I went down on Dec 13th for d/t but haven't heard anything yet. Just curious cause I have heard that some agencies are going on a freeze come February.