Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Yes Sept 3rd =) thanks man I'm stoked

Hey question for ppl that went thru the process..say I take the D/T tues and they call me for medical in 2wks to try and get me into the last mon class in Sept..if I pass everything can I asked to be placed into a Oct class?? This is moving fast for me I'm making a move to NYC w help from family and was wondering because the more planning the better for me but didn't know if you have that option to pick a class or take what they give you. Thanks in advance guys =)

If you will would like to be ahead of others based on induction date and need the check right away plus dealing with long commutes from home, take the available class ASAP.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the day of medical/interview/final processing when you are meeting with the person swearing you in, you can ask then.

Don't bother asking before that point as it might just cause confusion since anyone you could ask on the 3rd wouldn't really be able to help and may pass off the word to the wrong person.

Thanks RTO, thats what ill do. If they have the option ill take it if not oh well SADDLE UP PARTNER =P

any truth to the previously posted rumor of TWO classes in september???

I would hope so but that is highly unlikely. I was told by a TSS awhile back that there will be a class every month for the next couple years. They are short a lot of TO and want to cut back on OT.

It hasn't stopped. The 21 page booklet doesn't get returned until the final processing/medical/interview. Did they tell you they would not call you unless you made a special trip back to them with the court disposition?[/quote

RTO yes I gota give them the disposition and then I can proceed..I didn't even take the whizz quiz ill do that when they sign off on the dispostion. But I'm qtr of tbe way there hahaha

It hasn't stopped. The 21 page booklet doesn't get returned until the final processing/medical/interview. Did they tell you they would not call you unless you made a special trip back to them with the court disposition?[/quote

RTO yes I gota give them the disposition and then I can proceed..I didn't even take the whizz quiz ill do that when they sign off on the dispostion. But I'm qtr of tbe way there hahaha

I'm returning this monday with the paperwork then I can take the wizz quiz the same day

I got my 21 page booklet but have to go back with a court disposition for a court dissmal I mentioned in my pre interview booklet..so my process has stopped for now

Just curious, why would you need to provide documentation regarding a case that was dismissed?

I know people with arrests-- but not convictions-- that went through the T/O hiring process without issue. The NYCTA is only concerned with convictions-- not arrests, PTIs, etc.

From the NYC CPD-B "Applicant Guidelines for New Hires" (page 6) regarding Question III-3: Regarding All Arrests In Your Lifetime That Did Not Result In A Conviction:

"If you are not applying for a position designated as a Firefighter, Police Officer or Peace Officer (including Special Patrolman), you should write N/A to Question III-C on page 3 of the CPD(B)."

Just curious, why would you need to provide documentation regarding a case that was dismissed?

I know people with arrests-- but not convictions-- that went through the T/O hiring process without issue. The NYCTA is only concerned with convictions-- not arrests, PTIs, etc.

From the NYC CPD-B "Applicant Guidelines for New Hires" (page 6) regarding Question III-3: Regarding All Arrests In Your Lifetime That Did Not Result In A Conviction:

"If you are not applying for a position designated as a Firefighter, Police Officer or Peace Officer (including Special Patrolman), you should write N/A to Question III-C on page 3 of the CPD(B)."

I just put the incident I had w a dui and I wound up getn my license susp in another state the case was dismissed no conviction..but in the 21 page booklet it asks about license susp so good thing I was upfront abt the incident I was just letting the incident be known in the pre interview comments section..the lady said w the court disposition they will sign off on it if it was a dismissal and take the whizz quiz same day..but ur right abt the above cpd -b statement

I just put the incident I had w a dui and I wound up getn my license susp in another state the case was dismissed no conviction..but in the 21 page booklet it asks about license susp so good thing I was upfront abt the incident I was just letting the incident be known in the pre interview comments section..the lady said w the court disposition they will sign off on it if it was a dismissal and take the whizz quiz same day..but ur right abt the above cpd -b statement

Never heard the term "Whizz Quiz". I like it. Good luck!

Hi guys, I was called few days ago, but one if my tenants was holding my mail...I just realized and my called day was friday 6th, i didnt read it yet, but anyway I gonna show up tomorrow first time in the morning. just to let u guys know im another guy who received it, my number list# 14xx...

any thought?

Congrats Justin08 I will be there on the 11th for my DT also. i have on e question . Are they asking for a drivers abstract this time?

I brought a drivers abstract as im out of state and she said I didnt need one. But it states it on the Cover Sheet of the letter. Its one of those things if I didnt have it they probaly wouldnt have processed me