Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

I just called dcas and it says I'm not on outstanding cert and last week it said I was. I took my D/T back on 9/6 and was told I needed to put my name back on the list becuz I didn't get into the sept 30 class tmrrw. I went to dcas in person tues to put my name back on the list to be safe then sorry and now the automated msg says I'm not on the list. I wouldn't put faith in that automated msg. I'm calln ms shivers tmrrw becuz there's a class the 28th of this month and don't want to miss that. Ms Shivers told me to re enroll and that they were processing apps to send to the mta for the 28th 40 ppl. So I would call her if any concerns

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ms Shivers I think is the liason btw dcas and the mta for train ops and conductors. Either she is very helpful and will know what's up with your app or where it is in the process. I have a call into her now about mine waiting for a callback

What number should I call, i don't mean to bore you guys, but I lost everything in hurricane sandy so I don't have any phone number or records, please may you help me to get back on track with the contacts numbers or where to get them, thanks you

Anybody been called for final medical for oct class?? Only 3 wks left til the class is SUPPOSED to start. Maybe the class ain't happening now any inside info??

I believe the Oct 28 class is on. Be patient...

When are the fingerprints taken? The 1st or 2nd visit??

Actually got the call the today. Goin for medical this Friday thanks guys for the help

Actually got the call the today. Goin for medical this Friday thanks guys for the help

justin08 if you dont mind me asking, what list are you? im inbthe 1600 and took my drug test 9/11. Trying to see if they are close to calling me. Thanks

justin08 if you dont mind me asking, what list are you? im inbthe 1600 and took my drug test 9/11. Trying to see if they are close to calling me. Thanks

Ron im list# 69*. I took my name off the list when I forst got called and re estblished it in Sept but missed the Sept 30th Class. Hope this helps.

wow, sorry I didnt read this one...thats great man!! cool!! good luck and please keep us posted, find out that day what number they are calling, thanks i'm glad for u man, it feels a little closer now

Edited by urraca

@Justin08, how that works, they gave you a new list#? how will you know where are you at? , thanks

@Justin08, how that works, they gave you a new list#? how will you know where 

wow, sorry I didnt read this one...thats great man!! cool!! good luck and please keep us posted, find out that day what number they are calling, thanks i'm glad for u man, it feels a little closer now

His list number remained the same. You have three chances accept a call to drug test and interview and two times to add yourself back to the list if you don't accept the original call or if you prefer to defer for whatever reason until a better time. In either case your list number remains the same.

When you do add yourself back to the list and depending on your number and in Justin's case I doubt anyone else with a number that good is adding themselves back at this point in the game, your name will be the first called for all matters relating to the list number such as pick process for division. Justin will have the number one overall selection in the draft.

As it relates to graduating from school car he will have the most senior file number of the entire class regardless of division. The file number is the seniority number that once again relates to the pick process, but this time for picking what job on what line as well as vacation and pay location. However his file number will not be hire than anyone from any previous classes as file numbers relate to your first day in title. You cannot be more senior than someone with an earlier first day in the same title.

It's a good thing he's jumping on board while he can. I'm not sure how far into next year they will continue to select from this list as regularly as they are right now. Retirements are massive and will continue but things will slow up a bit. When that happens the number of new classes will slow down. We are getting into the territory when it may be time to put up a posting for a new test and now that the MTA controls it's own testing they may look to do so sooner rather than later as the fees will be collected by.....the MTA.

RTOPRO thanks for the insight appreciate the help. If I could ask since im making a move to NYC if all goes good with the Final Processing. I have friends and family ill be staying with while I make the transition so right now I dont have a prefernce to Div for where I live. I was wondering as a newbie which Div would be better to go for A or B??

I was thinking A Div since its less complicated with only (2) trains to learn and most yards in the Bronx but maybe it would be better to learn alot being a newbie in the B Div. Just wondering from someone that knows the inside ropes.

Thanks guys Ill keep everyone posted and gl to everyone else =)

As I recommend to everyone else. The employment experience with NYCT is like no other. It's paramilitary so you must follow the rules, be on time, be prepared with all of your tools and ready to work but most importantly you need your rest.

Having said that you should probably start determining where you plan to live long term. Even if you're not going to be there right away and you will be living with family you should continue to do your research on what you feel will be the best location for you. Based on that is how I feel people off the OC list should select their divisions if they have the option. School car is one thing but getting used to the different report times once out of school car is a challenge in itself.

Don't limit yourself in what your capable of learning by comparing the two divisions. Once you get used to operating a train. "A train is a train" and you will be fully trained on how to move them all. I still say the A division is a bigger challenge. You have to very limited time to learn the division, line ups, rules and procedures, signals, rolling stock and operating in 4 months. (I'm purposely not including the yard posting time because you are posting during that time)