Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Urraca ... In the eye test , they tested separately o both at the same time ..??I got disqualified for B/O last yer due ro a problem in my left eye .... I hope i dont get disqualified this time . Thanks !

Mem they will give you the same eye test. So hopefully you corrected the issue with your left eye. It's the same process for everyone you look into the machine call out where the opening in the letters are pointing and the numbers in the circles (guessing color blindness teast) also (I think) letters that fade slightly. If u fail maybe you can get your personal doctor to pass you but I heard that the vision test is the one test that they don't take appeals on. Sorry

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urraca ... In the eye test , they tested separately o both at the same time ..?? I got disqualified for B/O last yer due ro a problem in my left eye .... I hope i dont get disqualified this time . Thanks !

Both eyes at the same time, is a machine where you look through, something like this:

http://www.bdlive.co.za/life/health/2012/12/07/medical-technology-automated-eye-testing-equipment-introduced

you can wear your prescription lenses or whatever you need, I use corrective lenses and they tested me with and without them, and when they hire me they say I have to wear them all the time, tha's it, good luck man, be confident you gonna pass!

Urraca ... In the eye test , they tested separately o both at the same time ..?? I got disqualified for B/O last yer due ro a problem in my left eye .... I hope i dont get disqualified this time . Thanks !

Both eyes at the same time, is a machine where you look through, something like this:

http://www.bdlive.co.za/life/health/2012/12/07/medical-technology-automated-eye-testing-equipment-introduced

Thank u all 4 your feedback. One word describes it "Excellent". Now, someone who went through this whole process must explain in full detail how it goes step by step. When u receive in the mail to report for your drug test. You also get a 10-page-booklet to fill out? What is on the 10-page-booklet? You submit that when you report to take the urine test? Then, when u report for the urine test they give u a 21-page-booklet to fill out @ home? What exactly is on that? Then, finally when u get the phone call to report for finally processing "medical exam", u submit the 21-page-booklet? When do u fill out the "comprehensive packet"? The CPU questionnaire on your medical history? And who exactly is your investigator? HR???

well, once you receive your notification letter for the pre-interview you jump off your shoes, lol.

I gonna teel you my case:

I receive the letter late, meaning I live in Rockaway Beach lost everything by Sandy so when I open the mail box the citation was for the past friday, anyway I went to the appointment the right next monday and explain the situation, so first tip:

if you are about to miss your appointment, call them, explain the situation and they may change your date.

-Fill it up the booklet with you info:

---10 years address

---10 years job

---education

don't leave any gap doesn't matter if you were homeless or unemployed just fill it up without gap. unemployment period you must explain how you support yourself, unemplyment benefits, family supported (thats the most used) put everything together, high school or college degree copy, my case foreign education I have the translation and certificated by an official entity, passport, drivers license, etc

-Make it to the appointment (BE THERE EARLY) 30-45 minutes early, believe me you are gonna be grateful

-front desk give u a number

-go to the main waiting room, pay atenttion what the lady has to say, some instructions, easy stuff just pay attention, consider there are lot of people to deal with they are not in the best mood all the time so be ready, they gonna handle the 21 booklet to take it to your home and return it when they call you back (usually after one month or so)

-fill it up some pages, asic info, return it to the lady and wait wait wait...the call you to get the 10 pages booklet, check it in front of you make a new file with your name, receive all the docs and put in the file, the gonna handle another piece of paper to give to the doctor in the drug test room...wait, wait ,and wait...

- they call you in to take urine sample, they might ask you to strip, they are very anal about this, they don't touch the container or any other stuff, you will handle everything following their instructions.

- return to front desk, gave back the paper signed by medical and go home.

after one month and one week received the call:

fill it up the 21 booklet, basically the same info from the first one but in details

DON'T LEAVE ANY GAP.

put everithing together

- go to 180 livingston EARLY!!!

-fill it up some forms

-make a questionary in a computer, you have to check if you have asthma, surgeries, pain, bloor urine, back pain, etc regular questionary

-go to examination:

----EKG:

they will connect all those plugs and test your heart

----AUDIOMETRY:

you will wear some headphones and a joystick/trigger, ehan you hear a sound just press the button, my case they went all the sound to the left ear first then the right one.

----VISION:

look into a machine (with and without my lenses). first some circles with an aperture on one side (left, right, up, down) you have to tell where is the aperture. color blind test, some card multicolor with a different color in the middle forming a number. shape test, some cubes deifferent colors

----PHYSICAL:

make you strip, they will give you those surgery aprons, they will go over the questionary you filled up in the computer, the, reflexes, squad, lift the arms, legs, cough, etc regular check up...wait until they give you the results "Q" qualified "N" no qualified .

After that go to HR, they go over to your booklet, page by page word by word, check up all the papers, explain some administrative stuff, fill it up more form and...you are hired!!!!...good luck man, i think I dont forget anything and I hope this help, it did to me when Justin08 and catgombo told their experience or th info they were getting...see you GL!

well, once you receive your notification letter for the pre-interview you jump off your shoes, lol.

I gonna teel you my case:

I receive the letter late, meaning I live in Rockaway Beach lost everything by Sandy so when I open the mail box the citation was for the past friday, anyway I went to the appointment the right next monday and explain the situation, so first tip:

if you are about to miss your appointment, call them, explain the situation and they may change your date.

-Fill it up the booklet with you info:

---10 years address

---10 years job

---education

don't leave any gap doesn't matter if you were homeless or unemployed just fill it up without gap. unemployment period you must explain how you support yourself, unemplyment benefits, family supported (thats the most used) put everything together, high school or college degree copy, my case foreign education I have the translation and certificated by an official entity, passport, drivers license, etc

-Make it to the appointment (BE THERE EARLY) 30-45 minutes early, believe me you are gonna be grateful

-front desk give u a number

-go to the main waiting room, pay atenttion what the lady has to say, some instructions, easy stuff just pay attention, consider there are lot of people to deal with they are not in the best mood all the time so be ready, they gonna handle the 21 booklet to take it to your home and return it when they call you back (usually after one month or so)

-fill it up some pages, asic info, return it to the lady and wait wait wait...the call you to get the 10 pages booklet, check it in front of you make a new file with your name, receive all the docs and put in the file, the gonna handle another piece of paper to give to the doctor in the drug test room...wait, wait ,and wait...

- they call you in to take urine sample, they might ask you to strip, they are very anal about this, they don't touch the container or any other stuff, you will handle everything following their instructions.

- return to front desk, gave back the paper signed by medical and go home.

after one month and one week received the call:

fill it up the 21 booklet, basically the same info from the first one but in details

DON'T LEAVE ANY GAP.

put everithing together

- go to 180 livingston EARLY!!!

-fill it up some forms

-make a questionary in a computer, you have to check if you have asthma, surgeries, pain, bloor urine, back pain, etc regular questionary

-go to examination:

----EKG:

they will connect all those plugs and test your heart

----AUDIOMETRY:

you will wear some headphones and a joystick/trigger, ehan you hear a sound just press the button, my case they went all the sound to the left ear first then the right one.

----VISION:

look into a machine (with and without my lenses). first some circles with an aperture on one side (left, right, up, down) you have to tell where is the aperture. color blind test, some card multicolor with a different color in the middle forming a number. shape test, some cubes deifferent colors

----PHYSICAL:

make you strip, they will give you those surgery aprons, they will go over the questionary you filled up in the computer, the, reflexes, squad, lift the arms, legs, cough, etc regular check up...wait until they give you the results "Q" qualified "N" no qualified .

After that go to HR, they go over to your booklet, page by page word by word, check up all the papers, explain some administrative stuff, fill it up more form and...you are hired!!!!...good luck man, i think I dont forget anything and I hope this help, it did to me when Justin08 and catgombo told their experience or th info they were getting...see you GL!

Thank u 4 your input. Very very helpful. 2 ques though. #1 When is this CPU medical questionaire is done n how?? #2 Is the person from HR your investigator?

Thank u 4 your input. Very very helpful. 2 ques though. #1 When is this CPU medical questionaire is done n how?? #2 Is the person from HR your investigator?

The Questionarie on the CPU is done on the day of medical there's a few computers by the reception desk that you sit at log in to and answers the questions regarding health/mental issues. The investigation is done by MTA they may or may not call your previous employers. The fingerprint investigation is sent to the FBI for verification regarding your eligibity to work and your criminal background, so that's why you must be honest when filling out the initial paperwork for the preintrrview and the 21 page booklet. Your investigation won't come back for a few weeks and of it come who you lied and you are in training they will pull you right out of class and terminate you right on the spot for falsifying official records.

1-CPU questionary is before the medical examination, they give you a password you pick a computer and start checking the questionary

2- I dont know what do you mean by investigator

The Questionarie on the CPU is done on the day of medical there's a few computers by the reception desk that you sit at log in to and answers the questions regarding health/mental issues. The investigation is done by MTA they may or may not call your previous employers. The fingerprint investigation is sent to the FBI for verification regarding your eligibity to work and your criminal background, so that's why you must be honest when filling out the initial paperwork for the preintrrview and the 21 page booklet. Your investigation won't come back for a few weeks and of it come who you lied and you are in training they will pull you right out of class and terminate you right on the spot for falsifying official records.

Thanks 4 da headz up...

1-CPU questionary is before the medical examination, they give you a password you pick a computer and start checking the questionary

2- I dont know what do you mean by investigator

HR "Human Resources" does da investigations or does your paperwork go to 1 investigator that handles that personally?

Anybody have an idea what # they may be at on the list. I have gone back and checked and the highest I have seen is 1520's. I'm wondering if anybody is hearing anything on the list slowing down or anything like that. I'm in the 2100's and really desperate to just get a shot at this job. Any any info would be nice. Even if it's a rumor. Trying to keep hope alive.

Anybody have an idea what # they may be at on the list. I have gone back and checked and the highest I have seen is 1520's. I'm wondering if anybody is hearing anything on the list slowing down or anything like that. I'm in the 2100's and really desperate to just get a shot at this job. Any any info would be nice. Even if it's a rumor. Trying to keep hope alive.

I'm in the 1570's and haven't heard anything back as of yet. Went to D/T 9/9 next class starts in a few days on the 28th and the next one after that is 11/18. Hoping to get called for that class.

Edited by Bkgentlrmen

Bkgentlrmen hey I have been reading this forum for a while now and if the things stay the same u will be called with the next group. Good luck keep us posted on ur progress. I'm gonna keep repeating my question only to give the people on the bottom of the list an idea of what we r looking at in the future. I don't mean to be annoying. Has anybody heard or have any information on how far down the list they will go? What r peoples opinions regarding the movement down the list? Is it slowing down? Moving the same? Is it possible that they will reach the 2500's. Anything to give us down in the bottom an idea. Again don't mean to sound like a broken record. Thx and good luck to all.

I have been following the movement of the list ever since I got called in to verify my veterans status back in June of this year. It came out of the blue and believe me i needed that glimmer of hope. This economy has been tough. Barely making it now. So I understand the joy people have wen they get that call. It resonates through their writing. I hope I have the chance to do the same.

I thought going down there and verifying my status and having my fingerprints done meant I was close but then I realized it was just a formality in my case. They were at 600 's then , but the list was moving nicely. Now it seems to be going at a snails pace. Don't know if it's just me or am I expecting to much. I mean the people down in DCAS can't be expected to interview hundreds of people a month, right.? Ever since they put out that call for retired operators to come back it seems like that the movement down the list between calls has slowed by half. Sorry to wine, just wanna know what you all think.

Axelt the list is good still til October of 2016 and with ppl always retiring and still a shortage of TOs they will possibly make it to 2500. I see them makn it there but that's not a guarantee no1 knows how far they will go tough to say but they are still short TOs and ppl retire everyday. I would keep in contact w Mrs Shivers her number is on this forum and stay in contact with her. Gl to all waiting

Justin thx for info. How's it goin for u. I know ur goin in nov. How's the move goin. Good luck to all that hav gotten notices for d/t and medically. I'm list #2100s

Hey Bklynpsd. Congrats. That is awesome. So ur 1650's is the highest list # I hav read on. That is good news. I keep calling the auto dcas line and it has been on 1414 for a month now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. # 2100's

I have just received the same letter that I received back in September for pre-interview and Medical Examination (It was the same letter I received before word for word with a date for next week. With the pre-application to be filled out.  I have already received the large application package to fill out on the first day I went for D/T)  and will be calling on Monday.  This has to be a mistake since the D/T should be good until early December.  List #17XX.  and they already have my accepted my pre-application and identification documents.  I do not believe that this is for the Final Medical since they specifically said my next contact will be a phone call from them with my medical appointment.  Anybody else receive this letter again?

I have just received the same letter that I received back in September for pre-interview and Medical Examination (It was the same letter I received before word for word with a date for next week. With the pre-application to be filled out. I have already received the large application package to fill out on the first day I went for D/T) and will be calling on Monday. This has to be a mistake since the D/T should be good until early December. List #17XX. and they already have my accepted my pre-application and identification documents. I do not believe that this is for the Final Medical since they specifically said my next contact will be a phone call from them with my medical appointment. Anybody else receive this letter again?

It probably was a mistake unless they hav a new way of doin things. Please, let us how it goes when u call Mon. U said your list # is in da 1700's. Can u b a little more specific please?

They always include the 10 page application with the drug test letter. Even if its for a retake.

If you already filled it out and they have it on file there is no need to go through the process all over again. Just let the woman know that you are there because your drug test expired and you are re-taking it and they will tell you that you do not have to fill out all of the paper work again.

I made a call in this morning and was told this letter was sent to me by mistake my drug test was still valid for a while, and to disregard the letter, They had all of my paperwork.  I will patiently continue the wait.  Good luck to all!

Edited by TrainGuy

Hi Guys, today was the first day of job for a few of Us, first at all, keep the good vibe, even was a lot of people around 200, not everyone was for train operator position, my guess is they will be still calling at the same pace, when i called few weeks ago i asked about my list# (149x) and they told me I have to wait 2 more weeks and they were calling 1445 at that time, so just ask what number they are calling at the moment.

Anyway, the firs day is a presentation of every department who are involve in your title:

human resources

benefits

union

health

etc...

everybody was nice there and all the new employees very cool.

also you will receive your MTA pass, you can ride all the subways and buses, in my case i take the LIRR, and somebody tipped me off and told me just to show the pass and as courtesy they won't charge you, i did it I say -hi how you doing, and the conductor for the LIRR, answer back like "approving" my pass, I heard sometimes they charge you anyway but worth to try, at the end we are MTA family...again good luck and keep POSITIVE!!