Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

I made a call in this morning and was told this letter was sent to me by mistake my drug test was still valid for a while, and to disregard the letter, They had all of my paperwork.  I will patiently continue the wait.  Good luck to all!

TrainGuy I received the same letter but I went on September 11th to do initial processing and take my DT. What number did you call to verify that the letter was sent in error. Thanks for the help

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, once you receive your notification letter for the pre-interview you jump off your shoes, lol.

I gonna teel you my case:

I receive the letter late, meaning I live in Rockaway Beach lost everything by Sandy so when I open the mail box the citation was for the past friday, anyway I went to the appointment the right next monday and explain the situation, so first tip:

if you are about to miss your appointment, call them, explain the situation and they may change your date.

-Fill it up the booklet with you info:

---10 years address

---10 years job

---education

don't leave any gap doesn't matter if you were homeless or unemployed just fill it up without gap. unemployment period you must explain how you support yourself, unemplyment benefits, family supported (thats the most used) put everything together, high school or college degree copy, my case foreign education I have the translation and certificated by an official entity, passport, drivers license, etc

-Make it to the appointment (BE THERE EARLY) 30-45 minutes early, believe me you are gonna be grateful

-front desk give u a number

-go to the main waiting room, pay atenttion what the lady has to say, some instructions, easy stuff just pay attention, consider there are lot of people to deal with they are not in the best mood all the time so be ready, they gonna handle the 21 booklet to take it to your home and return it when they call you back (usually after one month or so)

-fill it up some pages, asic info, return it to the lady and wait wait wait...the call you to get the 10 pages booklet, check it in front of you make a new file with your name, receive all the docs and put in the file, the gonna handle another piece of paper to give to the doctor in the drug test room...wait, wait ,and wait...

- they call you in to take urine sample, they might ask you to strip, they are very anal about this, they don't touch the container or any other stuff, you will handle everything following their instructions.

- return to front desk, gave back the paper signed by medical and go home.

after one month and one week received the call:

fill it up the 21 booklet, basically the same info from the first one but in details

DON'T LEAVE ANY GAP.

put everithing together

- go to 180 livingston EARLY!!!

-fill it up some forms

-make a questionary in a computer, you have to check if you have asthma, surgeries, pain, bloor urine, back pain, etc regular questionary

-go to examination:

----EKG:

they will connect all those plugs and test your heart

----AUDIOMETRY:

you will wear some headphones and a joystick/trigger, ehan you hear a sound just press the button, my case they went all the sound to the left ear first then the right one.

----VISION:

look into a machine (with and without my lenses). first some circles with an aperture on one side (left, right, up, down) you have to tell where is the aperture. color blind test, some card multicolor with a different color in the middle forming a number. shape test, some cubes deifferent colors

----PHYSICAL:

make you strip, they will give you those surgery aprons, they will go over the questionary you filled up in the computer, the, reflexes, squad, lift the arms, legs, cough, etc regular check up...wait until they give you the results "Q" qualified "N" no qualified .

After that go to HR, they go over to your booklet, page by page word by word, check up all the papers, explain some administrative stuff, fill it up more form and...you are hired!!!!...good luck man, i think I dont forget anything and I hope this help, it did to me when Justin08 and catgombo told their experience or th info they were getting...see you GL!Thank u 4 your input. Very very helpful. 2 ques though. #1 When is this CPU medical questionaire is done n how?? #2 Is the person from HR your investigator?

trainman i have a question ...

In the vision test do they shut the inages on one side of the machine to test the left and right eye separately ???

Thanks !

TrainGuy I received the same letter but I went on September 11th to do initial processing and take my DT. What number did you call to verify that the letter was sent in error. Thanks for the help

Call Ms. Shivers @ (347) 643-8218, She was extremely helpful! Good Luck!

@Urraca did you get to pick your Div?? I'm hoping to get the A coming from Connecticut. Also haha I heard the same thing w the transit pass ill be taking the MNR a lot I hope they courtesy me. I know they aren't supposed to do it but heard a lot of them honor it..ill have a ticket in case though I'm not expecting freebies.

@Urraca did you get to pick your Div?? I'm hoping to get the A coming from Connecticut. Also haha I heard the same thing w the transit pass ill be taking the MNR a lot I hope they courtesy me. I know they aren't supposed to do it but heard a lot of them honor it..ill have a ticket in case though I'm not expecting freebies.

Hi Justin, today I picked division, but by the time they call my name just "A" was available (i was hoping to get "B") but no more "B' ...all the people before me were able to pick whatever they want, I don't know what criteria they used to make that list, I asked they told me seniority, list# etc, but I don't think I was one of the last guys in the list because my number, anyway living in long island now I have to travel all the way to the bronx ...this is my second day and did get charged for a ticket yet (knock on wood).

Hi Justin, today I picked division, but by the time they call my name just "A" was available (i was hoping to get "B") but no more "B' ...all the people before me were able to pick whatever they want, I don't know what criteria they used to make that list, I asked they told me seniority, list# etc, but I don't think I was one of the last guys in the list because my number, anyway living in long island now I have to travel all the way to the bronx ...this is my second day and did get charged for a ticket yet (knock on wood).

Urraca they should go bye list# to pick Division but im with you I hope i get to pick and want the A Div well see man GL.. we all will only be 3 weeks apart so im sure well see each other there. Let us know when you actually get on a train and take one for a JOYRIDE =P

HOW DID IT GO?????

Unfortunately, it was only to retake the drug test. From what i understand, they have enough people for the November class already. My 1st D/T was 9/11 and the results are good for only 90 days. Therefore, some of us have to take the D/T again to get into the late Dec. class.

Unfortunately, it was only to retake the drug test. From what i understand, they have enough people for the November class already. My 1st D/T was 9/11 and the results are good for only 90 days. Therefore, some of us have to take the D/T again to get into the late Dec. class.

Sorry 2 hear that. Well, from what I heard Dec 16.

The list is moving soooooooooooooo slow. It's driving me nuts!!! List #2100's. On the way home last night on the G line heading to queens I saw what seemed to me like a school car class. People with uniforms standing in the first car about 6 of them and about 4 people in the front cab where the operator sits. Man they looked so happy. Come on DCAS get that list moving. It's been on 1414 going on 2 months now.

The list is moving soooooooooooooo slow. It's driving me nuts!!! List #2100's. On the way home last night on the G line heading to queens I saw what seemed to me like a school car class. People with uniforms standing in the first car about 6 of them and about 4 people in the front cab where the operator sits. Man they looked so happy. Come on DCAS get that list moving. It's been on 1414 going on 2 months now.

Yeah i'd say no calls from MTA for the 2000s anytime this year.

yep, and im not that cute, lol, they gave me an "apron" you know the one they use in surgery with the back wide open, but with those movement, squad, arms, legs up, that dont cover much

I don't recall having to do all that extra stuff for my physical. Sounds hilarious tho. Lol

Finally out of school car!!!!! What a mofo relief.

I will have to decline at this time but today I got a notice for medical at 180 Livingston Nov 19th. My list number is 19xxx. This should give everybody an idea what number they are up to.

A notice??? U mean by mail or via???? BTW, R u in da early, mid, or late 1900's?