Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else here have list # in the 1600/1700 range and waiting for medical ?  If someone passes D/T but was denied for some other reason does MTA send you a letter stating why you were denied ?  I just want to know if MTA sends someone a letter no matter what the reason for a denial to let you know whats going on ? Thanks.

Finally some movement down the list. It was stuck on 1414 for a while. Anybody in training now hear anything about the need for T/O's. Tommy John asks a good question. Does DCAS just call you in for a DT and leave you waiting if they find something. How do they notify you if you fail. I can't imagine that all list numbers between 1414 -1614 have been hired. Anyone out there know anyone who unfortunately didn't make it.

Finally some movement down the list. It was stuck on 1414 for a while. Anybody in training now hear anything about the need for T/O's. Tommy John asks a good question. Does DCAS just call you in for a DT and leave you waiting if they find something. How do they notify you if you fail. I can't imagine that all list numbers between 1414 -1614 have been hired. Anyone out there know anyone who unfortunately didn't make it.

If you look in the previous page a poster said they mail you a letter within a week after the D/T if you failed it.  Also, today I read the copy of the drug test paperwork that we all got after. If you read the back. "If laboratory confirms a non-negative for test results (drugs detected, substituted etc) you will be contacted at the telephone number you provided".  Though I am curious on OTHER possibilities of denial (ex: past employment doesn't equal 5 years working, you were fired from a previous job or whatever the reason just as an example) does MTA notify you on that as well or leave you sitting in the dark and you never hear from them again.

I'm still waiting tommy. I'm in the 1620 range. I took the drug test in September.

By the way, don't think too much about it. This is how the process is sometimes.... a waiting game. Give Mrs. Shivers a call if you need validation.

I hope your right PopsicleGirl. I tried to call Ms. Shivers, went to a full VM. Couldn't leave a message.  My list # is close to yours.

DCAS does not have anything to do with the hiring process anymore. It's the MTA Employment Center. Btw, if u fail a drug test or are disqualified for any reason. They have to mail or give you something in writing stating why. Or they can be sued. And of course you can appeal the decision by getting representation. Meaning a lawyer from the newspaper The Chief. But trust me if you have no case they won't even take it. Then, you can represent yourself or just forget about it and move on.

Thanks Trainman. I was just asking for general info. I don't think I will have a problem with DT unless they are looking for protein shake in my system. I'm in the 2100's range. I haven't even gotten to the DT pre employment part yet. I didn't realize that DCAS wasn't in charge of the hiring process. I remember reading somewhere that the testing part of the process was taken over by the MTA after the last T/O exam. So I imagine then that this person ms. Shivers is the person to contact regarding the process huh.

DCAS does not have anything to do with the hiring process anymore. It's the MTA Employment Center. Btw, if u fail a drug test or are disqualified for any reason. They have to mail or give you something in writing stating why. Or they can be sued. And of course you can appeal the decision by getting representation. Meaning a lawyer from the newspaper The Chief. But trust me if you have no case they won't even take it. Then, you can represent yourself or just forget about it and move on.

Thanks Trainman. If you are disqualified for whatever reason is it after the medical and you hand in your 21 page packet or can it be before the medical ? Assuming you passed the D/T and are disqualified for something else... 

Last I spoke to Mrs. shivers, she told me the October & November classes had a lot of people who got off medical hold and were reinstated. So it slowed the movement of the list a bit. I went thru the same waiting game for conductor and I waited 10 months from the initial drug test to get hired. Be patient. You weren't disqualified.

Edited by PopsicleXGirl

Thanks Trainman. If you are disqualified for whatever reason is it after the medical and you hand in your 21 page packet or can it be before the medical ? Assuming you passed the D/T and are disqualified for something else...

You can be disqualified for any reason being deemed by the MTA pre-employment findings. But like I said before. They have to explain in writing why. Or it be discrimination. Now, my advice to you. Call Ms. Shivers @ 1-347-643-8218.

Last I spoke to Mrs. shivers, she told me the October & November classes had a lot of people who got off medical hold and were reinstated. So it slowed the movement of the list a bit. I went thru the same waiting game for conductor and I waited 10 months from the initial drug test to get hired. Be patient. You weren't disqualified.

Thanks for the reply. I hope we all get through this and get into school car. Everyone of us.

You can be disqualified for any reason being deemed by the MTA pre-employment findings. But like I said before. They have to explain in writing why. Or it be discrimination. Now, my advice to you. Call Ms. Shivers @ 1-347-643-8218.

Thanks again Trainman, appreciate your time.

I'm in school car conductor and there are new t/o classes right now. My class had to wait for an empty class room. I don't think that getting called is as much a problem as getting through school car. The success rate for t/o school car probies is not great. The signal test is the big culprit. You must get 100% on it. So there is a real turnover problem. So even if your list is a little high you may get a chance. And I got this info from school car.

Postal1, thanks for the info. Yeah from what I have read on here school car is no "walk in the park". What PopsicleXGirl said also gives a lot of hope to many of us still waiting to begin the process. I guess they put people on hold for various issues and if they have the luck to resolve them they get reinstated and that would tend to slow the process a bit. I went back into the archives and this time last year they were at 300-400 list range. Meaning that in one year the list has moved about 1300 names. Not bad. I hope the trend keeps up. We'll keep hope alive.good luck to all waiting and to those already in school car.

Listen guys the best thing you could do now while you wait to get called is to get your health in order, go to your doctor and get a physical and make sure everything is ok and if  it is not then take care of it now because when they call you for medical they will put you on hold and you dont want that to happen.  Believe it or not this list will be moving along they are going to be needing people, reasons like people failing school car, not passing probation, retirement and others that just don't like the job after they see what it is and trust me this job is not for everybody.  This list has a few more years left so be patient get your info ready, high school diploma, birth cirtificates, employment history so when the day comes you dont have to be running around like a chicken without a head.

Just got called for medical. I have to go in early next week. My list # is low 1600s. They want to fill up the Dec 16th class.  Anyone with list # 1600/1700s good chance you will be called and be in Dec 16th class.  I hope everything goes well with my medical AND yours. Best of luck to all and god willing see you on Dec 16th.

Congrats Tommy John, happy to hear you got the call. My list number is in the 1660's just wondering where you are at exactly 1620's 1630's lol. Only reason being is that im supposed to go visit my parents in Atlanta for Christmas but wont buy tickets if i can get the call for December 16. Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated. Congrats once again

Just got called for medical. I have to go in early next week. My list # is low 1600s. They want to fill up the Dec 16th class. Anyone with list # 1600/1700s good chance you will be called and be in Dec 16th class. I hope everything goes well with my medical AND yours. Best of luck to all and god willing see you on Dec 16th.

Congrats Tommy John, happy to hear you got the call. My list number is in the 1660's just wondering where you are at exactly 1620's 1630's lol. Only reason being is that im supposed to go visit my parents in Atlanta for Christmas but wont buy tickets if i can get the call for December 16. Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated. Congrats once again

Just got called for medical. I have to go in early next week. My list # is low 1600s. They want to fill up the Dec 16th class. Anyone with list # 1600/1700s good chance you will be called and be in Dec 16th class. I hope everything goes well with my medical AND yours. Best of luck to all and god willing see you on Dec 16th.

Hi, thanks man. I am in low 1620s.  They told me they call 40 at a time for medical.  If 1614 was the last appointed person according to the DCAS recording I would speculate there is a high probability you will be called.  Your right there ! Since this is a holiday week not sure if tomorrow is a full working day or if they work on Friday. Obviously, Thurs its closed because of Thanksgiving.  Plus I am sure they wont reach 40 "live" people in a row and have to skip some because they couldn't get in contact. I'm just speculating here..

Edited by Tommy John

Thank you for quick response bro. Appreciate it I will keep my fingers crossed and hope to see you in December

Hi, thanks man. I am in low 1620s. They told me they call 40 at a time for medical. If 1614 was the last appointed person according to the DCAS recording I would speculate there is a high probability you will be called. Your right there ! Since this is a holiday week not sure if tomorrow is a full working day or if they work on Friday. Obviously, Thurs its closed because of Thanksgiving. Plus I am sure they wont reach 40 "live" people in a row and have to skip some because they couldn't get in contact. I'm just speculating here..

Congraduates my brother!!! What day next week? N did u get this in da mail or via??

Postal1, thanks for the info. Yeah from what I have read on here school car is no "walk in the park". What PopsicleXGirl said also gives a lot of hope to many of us still waiting to begin the process. I guess they put people on hold for various issues and if they have the luck to resolve them they get reinstated and that would tend to slow the process a bit. I went back into the archives and this time last year they were at 300-400 list range. Meaning that in one year the list has moved about 1300 names. Not bad. I hope the trend keeps up. We'll keep hope alive.good luck to all waiting and to those already in school car.

I recall u stated in one of your previous post that u were in da 2,100's range. Did they call u for a drug test yet?

Congratulations once again!!!

Congraduates my brother!!! What day next week? N did u get this in da mail or via??

Hi Trainman, thanks brother for your words.  I have to go in Tues. I pray I get through medical with no holdups. I know I don't have any medical problems, don't drink or smoke or do anything but you never know whats going to happen.  I got a phone call just like how everyone stated in this thread.  I hope everyone gets called and passes medical so we can see each other on Dec 16th.  Thanks again.

Hey guys I have one more question regarding a question on the 21 page booklet.

One question ask if you ever resigned because either you were forced to or quit because you thought you were going to get fired.  I was in a situation like this years ago with a company. Should I just leave it a yes or leave a yes and fully explain myself in the area marked "reason for leaving"  Currently I wrote just "resigned" in the reason for leaving area and a "yes" to that question.  I am paranoid now from some of the responses that I read. Some say just write what they ask, no more, no less and some say lay it all out on the 21 page booklet so you have no worries sleeping at night because you were honest and forthcoming to every little detail ?