Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

How Long is the D/T Good For? Already took one and now waitin to be called back for the medical...Should I expect to be tested again? Or Am I in the clear...Thanx again...

D/T results are good for 90 days. Next, they may call you for medical or another D/T if the class gets filled before they reach your number.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D/T results are good for 90 days. Next, they may call you for medical or another D/T if the class gets filled before they reach your number.

Ok very good And On average a class consists of about 40 People /Per Month I Gather...With That Being said My List Number is in the Very Low 2000 Range...So Im Lookin At bein called Back Around March?

Ok very good And On average a class consists of about 40 People /Per Month I Gather...With That Being said My List Number is in the Very Low 2000 Range...So Im Lookin At bein called Back Around March?

That sounds about right. Hopefully they keep this pace going. Good luck to all.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked but my list number is 27xx. is there a good chance that I might get called this year or next year

You will get called. It will probably take about a year or so from now to reach your #. A tss in schoolcar the other day said there will be a T/O class every month till atleast June of next year. Good luck.

Got called in for the DT On the 20th...list number in from 1990-2010... When should I expect to be called in for the medical?/? Thanx Fellas!!!!

How did it go partner??

Anyone on here with a list number from 1700-1999? If so, have you been called for a drug test yet?

Still no call for a drug test???

It went Well When I went in...The women at 180 are very strict and showed little to no patience with folks...Hada be very attentive and on the ball...I got there at 715AMand was done around 11AM...Now Just Hopin for the call todo the medical...Im still surprised to even been called for the DT considering my list number is in the low 2000s and they only just appointed people from the 1600 Range...So that being said I dont expect to hear back until around February March...At least I got my foot in the door after 4 long years of waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It went Well When I went in...The women at 180 are very strict and showed little to no patience with folks...Hada be very attentive and on the ball...I got there at 715AMand was done around 11AM...Now Just Hopin for the call todo the medical...Im still surprised to even been called for the DT considering my list number is in the low 2000s and they only just appointed people from the 1600 Range...So that being said I dont expect to hear back until around February March...At least I got my foot in the door after 4 long years of waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear u. Please, keep us posted on when your called for the medical. I wish u n all out there who took this test the best of luck!!! Life is not easy...

HELP  just received my pre employment letter.  It seems that the change of address I made didn't get processed in time and my letter was sitting at a previous address for over a month.  The letter was dated Nov 12 and my appointment was for Nov 22.  I am planning on going down to 180 Livingston on Mon and just showing up and hoping I didn't miss my opportunity.  I have gone back do previous posts to see if any one had a similar situation but I didn't find anything.  If any body has any useful info or advice on how I should handle this I would greatly appreciate.  My list # is 21xx

Just go there at the top of the morning on Monday and bring a copy of the print out you should have received from DCAS to confirm the change. Sometimes the list doesn't go back and forth between HR and DCAS for over a month or more. Likely they will process you on Monday as they would have on the 22nd. So bring everything the letter asks you to bring plus whatever you need to fill out on forms that accompanied the letter.

Will do RTOPRO.thx. This is incredible news for me. I understand it's just the beginning of another long wait but when u c progress it really feels good. Good luck to all. I'll keep posting my progress in case anyone runs into similar situation list # 2100's

HELP  just received my pre employment letter.  It seems that the change of address I made didn't get processed in time and my letter was sitting at a previous address for over a month.  The letter was dated Nov 12 and my appointment was for Nov 22.  I am planning on going down to 180 Livingston on Mon and just showing up and hoping I didn't miss my opportunity.  I have gone back do previous posts to see if any one had a similar situation but I didn't find anything.  If any body has any useful info or advice on how I should handle this I would greatly appreciate.  My list # is 21xx

I'm in the mid 22xx and this is great news for me to hear. Good luck. I guesss I should keep an eye on the mail, hopefully I'll see something in the next month or two.

With this list number I wonder if I could be on the job by April or May, that would be great. What do you think forum?

Thanks forum for sharing. I really appreciated the updates from all the members.

I'm in the mid 22xx and this is great news for me to hear. Good luck. I guesss I should keep an eye on the mail, hopefully I'll see something in the next month or two.

With this list number I wonder if I could be on the job by April or May, that would be great. What do you think forum?

Thanks forum for sharing. I really appreciated the updates from all the members.

U r correct!

Oh yeah it's coming depmaze, just b patient. I'm 21xx. So as I stated b4 I just got my pre employment letter in the mail. It was dated on nov 12 for appt date nov 22. Somehow it got mixed up well any way. I spent this weekend filling out the paper work that asks 4 10 yrs employment history and 10 yrs history of where u have lived. So I am in my 40's and needles to say I hav had a lot of jobs within the last 10 yrs and lived a lot of places. At 9 this morning I called DCAS to explain that I didn't get my letter in time. Person I spoke to said that I had to speak to someone to see when they would be doing DT for my job title I was transferred to Ms Shivers VM. I left message. I figured it was best to go in person so I filled out what I could and this morning went to SS office to get a work history print out. Cost me $35. Used it to fill in gaps. Went to 180 Livingston at about 11am. I was told by a person behind a desk that I had to call Ms Shivers and find out when they would b processing for train operators. She gave me Ms Shivers business card and I left discouraged. I figured this was gonna set me back at least a month more on top of the month I already lost. So I felt like crap. B4 boarding bus I tried Ms Shivers again. She answered and she asked me to come back so I could take the DT. I guess there was a mix up or some one wanted to start the holidays early but Ms Shivers was great she asked me to come back. I went back filled out some more paperwork. Verified my veterans status. Took drug test and was out by 1pm. I feel great now. I know it probably won't reach me till bout June but it's good to have something happening. Good luck to all. Your time will come. List # 21xx

Oh yeah it's coming depmaze, just b patient. I'm 21xx. So as I stated b4 I just got my pre employment letter in the mail. It was dated on nov 12 for appt date nov 22. Somehow it got mixed up well any way. I spent this weekend filling out the paper work that asks 4 10 yrs employment history and 10 yrs history of where u have lived. So I am in my 40's and needles to say I hav had a lot of jobs within the last 10 yrs and lived a lot of places. At 9 this morning I called DCAS to explain that I didn't get my letter in time. Person I spoke to said that I had to speak to someone to see when they would be doing DT for my job title I was transferred to Ms Shivers VM. I left message. I figured it was best to go in person so I filled out what I could and this morning went to SS office to get a work history print out. Cost me $35. Used it to fill in gaps. Went to 180 Livingston at about 11am. I was told by a person behind a desk that I had to call Ms Shivers and find out when they would b processing for train operators. She gave me Ms Shivers business card and I left discouraged. I figured this was gonna set me back at least a month more on top of the month I already lost. So I felt like crap. B4 boarding bus I tried Ms Shivers again. She answered and she asked me to come back so I could take the DT. I guess there was a mix up or some one wanted to start the holidays early but Ms Shivers was great she asked me to come back. I went back filled out some more paperwork. Verified my veterans status. Took drug test and was out by 1pm. I feel great now. I know it probably won't reach me till bout June but it's good to have something happening. Good luck to all. Your time will come. List # 21xx

Thanks Axel78 for the encouragement and detailed post.  Keep us posted on your next step.  I too am in my 40's so its nice to know there will be other people in my generation if my day ever comes. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years Forum. 

Have some faith brother..they're hiring through the end of next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx Yoshi. Happy New Years to everyone!! Question I have been filling out 21 page booklet and in the employment section I find have run out of space. In the instruction part of the booklet it states to ask for more pages. For those who are interested, each page is to be used for each job or period of unemployment/self employment that you have to account for beginning with the most recent job you have held going all the way back to high school. So my question is has any one else gone back down to 180 Livingston for these extra pages or have you just used extra pieces of paper and that was good enough. Thx in advance

Thx Yoshi. Happy New Years to everyone!! Question I have been filling out 21 page booklet and in the employment section I find have run out of space. In the instruction part of the booklet it states to ask for more pages. For those who are interested, each page is to be used for each job or period of unemployment/self employment that you have to account for beginning with the most recent job you have held going all the way back to high school. So my question is has any one else gone back down to 180 Livingston for these extra pages or have you just used extra pieces of paper and that was good enough. Thx in advance

When you get called back for final processing they will be hanging on one of the walls in the waiting area. At least they were when I went for final processing. If not just ask one of the workers there.