Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Made it through final processing yesterday. Got sworn in. Gave my current job two weeks notice today.

Congrats!!! Best of luck to you, and everyone else. What list number are you? Mine is 2100's. I took my D/T on 2/6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!!! Best of luck to you, and everyone else. What list number are you? Mine is 2100's. I took my D/T on 2/6. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! List number 2010-2020

Edited by BkBound

Congrats!!! Best of luck to you, and everyone else. What list number are you? Mine is 2100's. I took my D/T on 2/6. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! List number 2010-2020

No doubt!!! I'm just praying I get my shot! It's looking like they will get to all the 2100's and then some! God willing!

im late 2200s and went through dt 2/10 

im trying to get a feel for where they are 

Same here Bro! I tool my D/T in 2/6. I completely forgot about this exam! Never thought they would've reached my number. Since then, I have found this forum. And is very INFORMATIVE! To say the least. Well God willing we will get our chance. Good luck bro.

Hello to all. Have not been here in sometime. Looks like the list movement is still moving at about 100 names a month. At the end of November they were in the 1600's. Now nearly 5 mos later they are in the 2000's. Good stuff. I'm in the mid 2100's. Anyone out there been called for medical recently. Good luck to all.

Edited by Axelt78

Hello to all. Have not been here in sometime. Looks like the list movement is still moving at about 100 names a month. At the end of November they were in the 1600's. Now nearly 5 mos later they are in the 2000's. Good stuff. I'm in the mid 2100's. Anyone out there been called for medical recently. Good luck to all.

Hey wassup Axelt78... I'm in the late 2100's and I'm picking for the same info. I've seen your posts on here, and the responses you were getting from people on here. And that gave me a lot of hope! When did you go for your D/T?

Hey wassup Axelt78... I'm in the late 2100's and I'm picking for the same info. I've seen your posts on here, and the responses you were getting from people on here. And that gave me a lot of hope! When did you go for your D/T?

Hey BrownHornet!! Yeah the list is moving as I stated. I call the Dcas auto line every Monday to see if it has been updated. It is always behind. They update it every two months or so. The last time it was updated was on early jan when it jumped from 1616 to 1886 before that it was at 1441 before it went to 1616. It is really frustrating but we have to be patient. I went for my second DT on jan 22 I think. I have to go back and retread my posts. Well the important thing is that it was my second time because it is good for 90 days. We will be called soon. You r close to me. I figure the May or June class at the latest. I have been waiting on this for going on a year now. Ever since I found out about the list. I forgot I took this test. I just wish I had taken it serious and not rushed. I was in there for half hour. A couple of less errors and I would have been making 3 times as much as I make now with benefits. Good luck to you.peace

Hey BrownHornet!! Yeah the list is moving as I stated. I call the Dcas auto line every Monday to see if it has been updated. It is always behind. They update it every two months or so. The last time it was updated was on early jan when it jumped from 1616 to 1886 before that it was at 1441 before it went to 1616. It is really frustrating but we have to be patient. I went for my second DT on jan 22 I think. I have to go back and retread my posts. Well the important thing is that it was my second time because it is good for 90 days. We will be called soon. You r close to me. I figure the May or June class at the latest. I have been waiting on this for going on a year now. Ever since I found out about the list. I forgot I took this test. I just wish I had taken it serious and not rushed. I was in there for half hour. A couple of less errors and I would have been making 3 times as much as I make now with benefits. Good luck to you.peace

Hey man.... It is what it is. All we can do is pray! But forget about calling DCAS! Call Ms. Barbara Shivers. Here's the number if you don't have it. 346 643 8218. She deals directly with the train operator hiring process. Good luck as well bro.

Hey BH. Hope I can call you that. I have her # but I imagine she is too busy to talk. If u have reached out to her, what info has she given you? I call DCAS only to check the status of the list. I know it's behind. Thanks for the info though. I am praying my man. Thx bro

Hey BH. Hope I can call you that. I have her # but I imagine she is too busy to talk. If u have reached out to her, what info has she given you? I call DCAS only to check the status of the list. I know it's behind. Thanks for the info though. I am praying my man. Thx bro

Lol!!! Nah it's cool. But I just spoke to her, not even 15 minutes ago. She said the last hired was 2040, if I'm correct. She is a very pleasant person. Given the fact that she is dealing with thousands of us hopefuls. But that's the info. She told me.

TWU Local 100 will make it firmly understood to you that they have your back from your very first day, but not to the FULLEST extent they say. That's what the union representative said. I take this as you basically better not screw up in front of any TSS's that wanna write you up, or get any customer complaints or get banged in. New conductors are basically taught to bang in T/Os that overrun stations or are constantly making hard stops, or wait until or remind the T/O to call rail control, otherwise it's both your asses. I hate it.

On your very first check you get hit with union dues, about 27 bux.

Exactly. The best way to counter that is to always pay attention to your operations at all times. When the job starts to become "easy" it becomes harder to stay focused and much easier to make a mistake. Oh and get your REST. I can't emphasis that enough. The job becomes torture when you are dead tired.

Hello all. I am doing a favor for a fellow T/O hopeful. Axelt78. He asked me to post that he received his call today to come in on April 2nd. For med/final processing. He is range 2100-2140. Good luck my man! And congrats again!

Wow!!! Just received my call for medical/final processing. For April 4th. List number late 2100's. This is crazy!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all. I am doing a favor for a fellow T/O hopeful. Axelt78. He asked me to post that he received his call today to come in on April 2nd. For med/final processing. He is range 2100-2140. Good luck my man! And congrats again! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thanks for the information Axelt78 and Brownhornet78.  Im in the 2215-2230 range I guess i might stand a shot for this month April, but definately May.   I know to clock my phone like the NSA for next few weeks.  

Wow!!! Just received my call for medical/final processing. For April 4th. List number late 2100's. This is crazy!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all. I am doing a favor for a fellow T/O hopeful. Axelt78. He asked me to post that he received his call today to come in on April 2nd. For med/final processing. He is range 2100-2140. Good luck my man! And congrats again! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thanks for the information Axelt78 and Brownhornet78.  Im in the 2215-2230 range I guess i might stand a shot for this month April, but definately May.   I know to clock my phone like the NSA for next few weeks.  

Hell yeah bro!!!! Honestly I didn't think they get to me by TODAY!! I thought I had at LEAST one more week! Yo..... I'm ecstatic!!! Good luck bro! Hold on, cause it's coming!!

Hell yeah bro!!!! Honestly I didn't think they get to me by TODAY!! I thought I had at LEAST one more week! Yo..... I'm ecstatic!!! Good luck bro! Hold on, cause it's coming!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yeah bro!!!! Honestly I didn't think they get to me by TODAY!! I thought I had at LEAST one more week! Yo..... I'm ecstatic!!! Good luck bro! Hold on, cause it's coming!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations and Good Luck on your physical to Brownhornet and Axelt.  You just made my day.  Its funny how everything comes at once.  I am about to get a steady hours, a raise and a promotion at my current job.  Life is funny.  I was in limbo just a few months ago and now I got options.

Congratulations and Good Luck on your physical to Brownhornet and Axelt.  You just made my day.  Its funny how everything comes at once.  I am about to get a steady hours, a raise and a promotion at my current job.  Life is funny.  I was in limbo just a few months ago and now I got options.

Yo!!!!! Same thing with me!!! Lol! But this takes precedence over my current employment! Lol. This my childhood dream!!!! As goes with many other people on this forum! Yo hang in there my man!!! And good luck!

Yo!!!!! Same thing with me!!! Lol! But this takes precedence over my current employment! Lol. This my childhood dream!!!! As goes with many other people on this forum! Yo hang in there my man!!! And good luck! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You aint never lie.  This is my childhood dream also.  I have been stalking the forum so much it needs an order of protection against me.