Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Yo!!!!! Same thing with me!!! Lol! But this takes precedence over my current employment! Lol. This my childhood dream!!!! As goes with many other people on this forum! Yo hang in there my man!!! And good luck! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the encouragement, I will hang in there.  Hopefully I will see you in School Car.  Probably the May class for me though. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo!!!!! Same thing with me!!! Lol! But this takes precedence over my current employment! Lol. This my childhood dream!!!! As goes with many other people on this forum! Yo hang in there my man!!! And good luck! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You aint never lie.  This is my childhood dream also.  I have been stalking the forum so much it needs an order of protection against me. 

Lmao!!!!! I didn't even know about this forum until I took my D/T on feb. 6th. I was looking things up, then I found this forum. THANK GOD!!! I have this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the encouragement, I will hang in there.  Hopefully I will see you in School Car.  Probably the May class for me though. 

Yessir!!!! God willing!!

hey everyone out there!!  as BrownHornet let you all know for me that I got my call today to go down to 180 Livingston on Tue April 1st.  I mistakenly said April 2nd.  I was so happy I didn't give the details much attention.  I didn't pick up and a message was left on VM stating date time and what I would need to bring.  Im in the 2100's.  I am finishing up on the 21page booklet.  Just for information sake.  As of Jan 1st of this year, the cost of a work history report is now 102.00.  what a ripoff, but it is what it is.  If you don't need it, you have nothing to worry about, but in my case I am not a spring chicken and have had about 20 jobs since I was in high school.  so my 21 page booklet has turned into a 35 page novel.  DEPMAZE and everyone else out there, hold tight.  Your day is coming.  As I have stated before the list has consistently moved about 100 names a month.  If you don't believe me go back to previous posts and do some math and you will see.  Well good luck to all, I will keep you updated.  BrownHornet thanks for passing info on.

hey everyone out there!!  as BrownHornet let you all know for me that I got my call today to go down to 180 Livingston on Tue April 1st.  I mistakenly said April 2nd.  I was so happy I didn't give the details much attention.  I didn't pick up and a message was left on VM stating date time and what I would need to bring.  Im in the 2100's.  I am finishing up on the 21page booklet.  Just for information sake.  As of Jan 1st of this year, the cost of a work history report is now 102.00.  what a ripoff, but it is what it is.  If you don't need it, you have nothing to worry about, but in my case I am not a spring chicken and have had about 20 jobs since I was in high school.  so my 21 page booklet has turned into a 35 page novel.  DEPMAZE and everyone else out there, hold tight.  Your day is coming.  As I have stated before the list has consistently moved about 100 names a month.  If you don't believe me go back to previous posts and do some math and you will see.  Well good luck to all, I will keep you updated.  BrownHornet thanks for passing info on.

Anytime bro!!! Good luck, see you out there.

Just a heads up for anyone that feels they need to go to social security and pay the 102 try going to the irs website it allows you to bring up your tax transcripts instantly for FREE i cant say how far back they go tho i only needed the last 8 years

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Just a heads up for anyone that feels they need to go to social security and pay the 102 try going to the irs website it allows you to bring up your tax transcripts instantly for FREE i cant say how far back they go tho i only needed the last 8 years

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Never knew that.

Great forum!!! I'm in the 2400's and was wondering when i would get the call for medical and final processing. So now i have an idea of when it may be based on all the posts. It's crazy because I'm already in the TA system as a Bus Operator and was still clueless on how long the process would take. Now i don't have to wonder if i missed the call lol. Keep up the good posts. Would be great if somebody could share there training procedures 

hey everyone, just came back from medical.  Everything ok, now I just have to wait to be called for final processing.  This was a surprise to me since everything I have read states that medical and final processing occur on the same day.  The person at the front informed me after my medical was done that they were waiting for the list.  So I guess its a waiting game again.  So a little bit of my experience.  I got there at 630a.  I was not the first there.  waited in the lobby till about 7 and went upstairs.  filled out some paper work waited to be called. once you are called you get on a computer and fill out a medical questionnaire.  then you wait for a doctor to call you and ask you a couple of questions about your medical history and he checks heart and lungs with stethoscope.  then you go and wait in another room to do hearing, vision, blood pressure, ekg, and urine test. if everything is good you wait for doctor to review results and call you to tell you whether you are healthy enough to continue or if they put you on medical hold. Keep in mind that you are not the only one processing so some things are in a different order.  just make sure you pay attention and listen for your number or name.  once I was done I took the clearance paper work to the front desk where I was informed that I would have to wait for final processing.  So all my paper work comes back with me until they call again.  Hopefully it happens quick.  Well I hope this has been informative.  Good luck to all

hey everyone, just came back from medical.  Everything ok, now I just have to wait to be called for final processing.  This was a surprise to me since everything I have read states that medical and final processing occur on the same day.  The person at the front informed me after my medical was done that they were waiting for the list.  So I guess its a waiting game again.  So a little bit of my experience.  I got there at 630a.  I was not the first there.  waited in the lobby till about 7 and went upstairs.  filled out some paper work waited to be called. once you are called you get on a computer and fill out a medical questionnaire.  then you wait for a doctor to call you and ask you a couple of questions about your medical history and he checks heart and lungs with stethoscope.  then you go and wait in another room to do hearing, vision, blood pressure, ekg, and urine test. if everything is good you wait for doctor to review results and call you to tell you whether you are healthy enough to continue or if they put you on medical hold. Keep in mind that you are not the only one processing so some things are in a different order.  just make sure you pay attention and listen for your number or name.  once I was done I took the clearance paper work to the front desk where I was informed that I would have to wait for final processing.  So all my paper work comes back with me until they call again.  Hopefully it happens quick.  Well I hope this has been informative.  Good luck to all

Congrats!! On your journey so far bro!!! We on this list (especially the ones with high list numbers) have come a long, long way up to this point. Just a lil more patience my brother. Hey thank god you got through the medical without a hitch. Congrats and good luck once again! And god willing we'll see each other on the battle field!

hey everyone, just came back from medical. Everything ok, now I just have to wait to be called for final processing. This was a surprise to me since everything I have read states that medical and final processing occur on the same day. The person at the front informed me after my medical was done that they were waiting for the list. So I guess its a waiting game again. So a little bit of my experience. I got there at 630a. I was not the first there. waited in the lobby till about 7 and went upstairs. filled out some paper work waited to be called. once you are called you get on a computer and fill out a medical questionnaire. then you wait for a doctor to call you and ask you a couple of questions about your medical history and he checks heart and lungs with stethoscope. then you go and wait in another room to do hearing, vision, blood pressure, ekg, and urine test. if everything is good you wait for doctor to review results and call you to tell you whether you are healthy enough to continue or if they put you on medical hold. Keep in mind that you are not the only one processing so some things are in a different order. just make sure you pay attention and listen for your number or name. once I was done I took the clearance paper work to the front desk where I was informed that I would have to wait for final processing. So all my paper work comes back with me until they call again. Hopefully it happens quick. Well I hope this has been informative. Good luck to all

Makes no sense that medical and final processing wasn't done on the same day.

list # 2280-2300 ,  still waiting on that phone call for medical.  Thank you all for the recent updates.  Appreciated

list # 2280-2300 ,  still waiting on that phone call for medical.  Thank you all for the recent updates.  Appreciated

Took my D/T on 2/10...

Took my D/T on 2/10...

I took my D/T on 2/6 and, now I'm scheduled for final processing on 4/4. And I'm late 2100's. So your time is coming shortly. Be patient my brother! ALTHOUGH it IS easier said then done!!! But hey.... I completely forgot about this exam until one day BAM!!! This is a blessing for me!!! Hang in there Bro!!

I took my D/T on 2/6 and, now I'm scheduled for final processing on 4/4. And I'm late 2100's. So your time is coming shortly. Be patient my brother! ALTHOUGH it IS easier said then done!!! But hey.... I completely forgot about this exam until one day BAM!!! This is a blessing for me!!! Hang in there Bro!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i appreciate that Brownhornet78.  Im sitting tight right now.  I went to the Social Security office today to get my work history report. $102.00 ,  I just want to make sure that everything is accurate on my paperwork.  I need this bad.  Im sure many feel the same way about this.  Keep us posted on 4/4 when you're done.  Good Luck bro!

Tell me about it. I never read anything here about them being done separately. If anybody here has any info please share. I read in another forum that a dude in for med and final processing on fir got into the march class which began yesterday Monday. He stated his list no.was 2132. That is very close to mine. So I'm jus hoping that they jus haven't began filling up the April class and that my case isn't a special case. I imagine if there was a problem with me they would have told me then and there. Instead of making me wait. But that is just nervous thinking. I passed the med with flying colors. No med issues, pretty good shape. I run and bike. My concern was the vision. But that went great. So we will see. Peace to all

I took my D/T on 2/6 and, now I'm scheduled for final processing on 4/4. And I'm late 2100's. So your time is coming shortly. Be patient my brother! ALTHOUGH it IS easier said then done!!! But hey.... I completely forgot about this exam until one day BAM!!! This is a blessing for me!!! Hang in there Bro!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i appreciate that Brownhornet78.  Im sitting tight right now.  I went to the Social Security office today to get my work history report. $102.00 ,  I just want to make sure that everything is accurate on my paperwork.  I need this bad.  Im sure many feel the same way about this.  Keep us posted on 4/4 when you're done.  Good Luck bro!

Oh I sure will keep everyone posted... Trying not to get too anxious!!! I'm at work right now trying to keep busy and pass the time.

Tell me about it. I never read anything here about them being done separately. If anybody here has any info please share. I read in another forum that a dude in for med and final processing on fir got into the march class which began yesterday Monday. He stated his list no.was 2132. That is very close to mine. So I'm jus hoping that they jus haven't began filling up the April class and that my case isn't a special case. I imagine if there was a problem with me they would have told me then and there. Instead of making me wait. But that is just nervous thinking. I passed the med with flying colors. No med issues, pretty good shape. I run and bike. My concern was the vision. But that went great. So we will see. Peace to all

Well that does kinda suck... But hey... Like I said you're half way my man.... See you there brother!!!

trainman, on 01 Apr 2014 - 4:09 PM, said:snapback.png

This is TA lots of things they do dont  seem to make sense.. You'll get used to it..

LOL i was just thinking the same thing. With TA they give you alot to complain about but end of the day its one of the best jobs in the city with the most problems lol. Your get use to it quickly rather than quiting 

I figure availability of the classes is the issue now that there spacing the procedures apart. I remember when i got called for B/O everything was done in a week and i started the next week. Damm imagine the guy that quit his job not knowing this was gonna take so long. hang in there

trainman, on 01 Apr 2014 - 4:09 PM, said:

This is TA lots of things they do dont  seem to make sense.. You'll get used to it..

LOL i was just thinking the same thing. With TA they give you alot to complain about but end of the day its one of the best jobs in the city with the most problems lol. Your get use to it quickly rather than quiting 

I figure availability of the classes is the issue now that there spacing the procedures apart. I remember when i got called for B/O everything was done in a week and i started the next week. Damm imagine the guy that quit his job not knowing this was gonna take so long. hang in there

What do you mean spacing the procedures? If you don't mind. Cause I have to go on 4/4 for my final process etc. please elaborate? Thanks

Axelt the same thing happened to some one on the other forum today so it looks like they are changing the way the process is done keep us informed http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-york-city/703253-took-mta-train-operator-exam-got-110.html#post34178180

Yes!!!! My call just came in. I missed it but they left a voice mail. I go in on Monday the 7th for final processing. Good luck to all. Especially my bro BrownHornet. Good Luck tomorrow. It will happen for you!!! I'm list no. Range 2100- 2140. Peace!!