Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Boo Yah, I checked end my voicemail messages this morning and I got my golden ticket....lol. Mrs. shivers left a voicemail for me to come in for medical and final processing on Thurs. April 10. Hopefully I'll make the April class with you Brownhornet and axelt...I hope everything goes smooth. I'm such a pessimist that I did not believe this day would ever come. I am so stoked. I will finally have a job that I will love.

How did it go?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did it go?

Ladies and Gentelmen I am proud to announce that I am a NYC Transit employee. My dream of being a Train Operator is finally here.   Yeah thats right I am in the April 28, 2014 class.  What's up Brownhornet and Axelt.  I arrived at 180 Livingston at 0645 and was out by 2:00 pm. The longest wait time was for the doctor to review my ekg, hearing, sight. The eye test is no joke, I could barely make out some of them.  The hearing test the have some of barely audible tones.  I can officially say that the last hired as of today is at least 2225-2220 for all those waiting.  I am so freaking happy.  Thanks for asking Trainman. 

DEPMAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!  I've been paying close attention to your posts because our list # is very close together.  Im 2280-2300.  So that gives me hope for next month!  I can't believe how fast this list is moving this year.  if my math is correct it seems like they go through about 100 list numbers a month.  so I'm about 60 slots away!  Hopefully i get called next month.  Congrats again DEPMAZE!!!!  whats your list # again?  2225-?

How did it go?Ladies and Gentelmen I am proud to announce that I am a NYC Transit employee. My dream of being a Train Operator is finally here.   Yeah thats right I am in the April 28, 2014 class.  What's up Brownhornet and Axelt.  I arrived at 180 Livingston at 0645 and was out by 2:00 pm. The longest wait time was for the doctor to review my ekg, hearing, sight. The eye test is no joke, I could barely make out some of them.  The hearing test the have some of barely audible tones.  I can officially say that the last hired as of today is at least 2225-2220 for all those waiting.  I am so freaking happy.  Thanks for asking Trainman. 
Oh shit!!!!!! My man!!!!! Congrats!!! I was waiting on your post! Yes!!! Yo I'm jumping up and down with joy! ( on the inside of course) I am at work now. Lol but yes that dreaded I exam was NO JOKE!!!! It's funny cause you, me, and Axelt are not going to know who the other one is. Kool-aid smiles my brothers!!!
DEPMAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!  I've been paying close attention to your posts because our list # is very close together.  Im 2280-2300.  So that gives me hope for next month!  I can't believe how fast this list is moving this year.  if my math is correct it seems like they go through about 100 list numbers a month.  so I'm about 60 slots away!  Hopefully i get called next month.  Congrats again DEPMAZE!!!!  whats your list # again?  2225-?
Your next up Mard

DEPMAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!  I've been paying close attention to your posts because our list # is very close together.  Im 2280-2300.  So that gives me hope for next month!  I can't believe how fast this list is moving this year.  if my math is correct it seems like they go through about 100 list numbers a month.  so I'm about 60 slots away!  Hopefully i get called next month.  Congrats again DEPMAZE!!!!  whats your list # again?

List #2225-2230

Oh shit!!!!!! My man!!!!! Congrats!!! I was waiting on your post! Yes!!! Yo I'm jumping up and down with joy! ( on the inside of course) I am at work now. Lol but yes that dreaded I exam was NO JOKE!!!! It's funny cause you, me, and Axelt are not going to know who the other one is. Kool-aid smiles my brothers!!!

Your next up Mard

Thanks for the Congrats Brownhornet and mard.  I have Farell song "Happy" playing in a constant loop in my brain...  Hey I'm sure we will find each other. 

Your correct that it seems that in the past they go through at least 100 names.  Now its my turn to finally say "Your day is coming, don't worry".

Your next up Mard

Thanks for the Congrats Brownhornet and mard.  I have Farell song "Happy" playing in a constant loop in my brain...  Hey I'm sure we will find each other. 

It has always been a dream of mine also. Since I was a lil boy!! I had tears of joy later that day. I didn't get out until 4. And I was THEE first person there. But I didn't give a shit!!! Cause in the end, it all paid off!

DEPMAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I've been paying close attention to your posts because our list # is very close together. Im 2280-2300. So that gives me hope for next month! I can't believe how fast this list is moving this year. if my math is correct it seems like they go through about 100 list numbers a month. so I'm about 60 slots away! Hopefully i get called next month. Congrats again DEPMAZE!!!! whats your list # again? 2225-?

Congrats, Mard!!! I think this list is moving 200-250 people a month. Most likely you will get called within the next few weeks. Please, post as soon as they call you so I can also have some hope....

DEPMAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I've been paying close attention to your posts because our list # is very close together. Im 2280-2300. So that gives me hope for next month! I can't believe how fast this list is moving this year. if my math is correct it seems like they go through about 100 list numbers a month. so I'm about 60 slots away! Hopefully i get called next month. Congrats again DEPMAZE!!!! whats your list # again? 2225-?Congrats, Mard!!! I think this list is moving 200-250 people a month. Most likely you will get called within the next few weeks. Please, post as soon as they call you so I can also have some hope....

copy will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dep maze!!,!,!,! Congrats my man. This is crazy. Yo!!,! I know you are soaring. We will see each other on the 28. Shout out to my man BrownHornet. Good luck to all that are waiting. Mard that's you. Be patient. Everybody else too. It's coming. Be super positive. Peace.

Dep maze!!,!,!,! Congrats my man. This is crazy. Yo!!,! I know you are soaring. We will see each other on the 28. Shout out to my man BrownHornet. Good luck to all that are waiting. Mard that's you. Be patient. Everybody else too. It's coming. Be super positive. Peace.

Mard, and Natic!!!!!! Your times are coming brothers!!! This is surreal for me!!

This is crazy!!! Yo, I'm grinning while typing this response. And I'm here at Essex street waiting on the J train. Awesome!!!

Put it this way folks some TOs on PROBATION had to pick jobs... How's that for a eye opener? That hasn't happened in a long time down here last file number to pick a job was in the 3800s compared to the low 3400s I believe the pick before.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know that the file numbers are for those on probation, probably close to 4000.

That can't be true. My probation ended March 25th and I'm supposed to pick tomorrow morning. My file number is 3937

Did you end up picking up something?

I'm just saying, how can people on probation pick before me? Unless his probation was extended

My file number is in the high 3700s. Got off Probation in November. I got an RDO Relief job. 

To those who just got hired, congrats, and welcome aboard. I highly suggest reading through The Schoolcar Survival Guide (not to toot my own horn) as well as listen to the senior members here. 

How long does it usually take once you get hired to actually pick a job? And if anyone has the time to share what life is like on the xxlist? I would appreciate that. ThanksSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And lord knows it's not easy for me to get up and go to my current job while thinking about MTA all day everyday. It's definitely been a lesson in patience for me. LolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long does it usually take once you get hired to actually pick a job? And if anyone has the time to share what life is like on the xxlist? I would appreciate that. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And lord knows it's not easy for me to get up and go to my current job while thinking about MTA all day everyday. It's definitely been a lesson in patience for me. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it depends on what's going on in front of you. What's going on right now is what I would call a once in a generation event. Hiring from a new list has been something that would "begin" on average once every 5 to 6 or 7 years for the positions of T/O and C/R. What makes this time so key is all of the simultaneous movement based on the last mass hiring. A lot of people in many titles are reaching the years of duty served as well as the age qualification for retirement. 25 years in duty, at least 55 years of age. 1988-89-90 was likely the key years. So retirements are happening no only for those who remained in road service as T/Os and C/Rs, but those who promoted up to TW/O, ATD, TD, TSS and even Supt are retiring and those who have already been around are moving up to replace them.

You new folks are coming in as this wind of change continues to grind out. So how long it takes you pick a job depends on when this all balances itself out. Folks are still retiring, the last TSS test still has an active list and T/Os are still being promoted to the position, The TD test was early last year and classes continue to come out regularly so more T/Os and ATDs are being promoted on that one. I think even the last ATD list is still active so an occasional class of C/Rs and TW/O are being promoted to that position. When it all finally settles down those who come in as XX will likely be XX for several years. My best guess would be 2 years and at that point the hiring from this T/O list will come to an end. Right now there is no end in sight.

RTOPRO thanks for the insight. That was very informative. Glad to see that folks are getting the opportunity to retire after working hard for so many years. They definitely deserve it.

Put it this way folks some TOs on PROBATION had to pick jobs... How's that for a eye opener? That hasn't happened in a long time down here last file number to pick a job was in the 3800s compared to the low 3400s I believe the pick before.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know that the file numbers are for those on probation, probably close to 4000.

That can't be true. My probation ended March 25th and I'm supposed to pick tomorrow morning. My file number is 3937

Did you end up picking up something?

I'm just saying, how can people on probation pick before me? Unless his probation was extended

My file number is in the high 3700s. Got off Probation in November. I got an RDO Relief job. 

To those who just got hired, congrats, and welcome aboard. I highly suggest reading through The Schoolcar Survival Guide (not to toot my own horn) as well as listen to the senior members here. 

Thank you medic, trust me.... I already started reading the thread you made about surviving school car. As SOON as I got sworn in, I started looking through it!! Thank you again. See you on the battle field!!

RTOPRO thanks for the insight. That was very informative. Glad to see that folks are getting the opportunity to retire after working hard for so many years. They definitely deserve it.

Yes Mard.... RTOPRO's response sheds a lot of light on what's going on with us. This is a blessing for people like us Mard. And this has also taught me patience as well. Good luck Mard! You're next up to bat! Thank you also RTOPRO for that priceless info.