Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Thanks for the advice and info, Mard. I'm definitely busy between work and family responsibilities, and my health is good. I'm getting my stuff together. I even called my old high school in California and got my diploma sent here.

January 2015 is your estimate for the drug test? And 3-4 months later for school car, if everything checks out at the initial screening?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More or less Matt. I hope it's sooner for you. Let's just hope that this list keeps a good pace going. 200-300 list #'s a month so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mtahopefullmatt based on your list # if they keep hiring the way they have been lately then you're probably looking at January 2015. Now don't take my word as gold because I really don't know the answer to that but if everything continues as is then my math tells me January or possibly December. I did the math for myself and I thought I would be called around august/sept for the drug test. I ended up getting called down for D/T on 2/10. So you never know. List expires 2016. And the last eligible certified list #'s are late into the 4500's. It's definitely a good sign for you. Remember a lot of eligible people decline the job or start it and don't like the job and leave. You got medical holds and all kinds of other things that could factor in and get you called sooner than you think. I got called about 6 months ahead of my "imaginary" schedule that I thought of based on the forums and movement of the list#'s. The waiting is the most difficult part of the process. Keep yourself busy and healthy. And make sure your paperwork is order now. Don't wait til the last minute to clear up any issues you may have. Get a physical now. Check for any possible setbacks now. It will make for smooth processing once your name gets called. Stay positive and keep your ears and eyes open to any new developments. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^what he said^^
It's at the the crew reporting location. It's a beige door with a big sticker that says DOS/RTO but it's spelled out.which platform is that? the e or the j, i was on the e, walking back and forth like an assclown, the only doors there were past the platform and locked
@my923ksl I hope by now you've found that location. Where I went was on the mezzanine level. Out of the turnstile then made a right. Like I'm leaving the station. But hook a right soon as you exit the turnstile. Damn... I know that was a frustrating experience for you.

^^what he said^^

@my923ksl I hope by now you've found that location. Where I went was on the mezzanine level. Out of the turnstile then made a right. Like I'm leaving the station. But hook a right soon as you exit the turnstile. Damn... I know that was a frustrating experience for you.

never found it, was about to miss the train home, didn't wanna wait another hr for the next one and gave up after about 15 min of walking around. gonna go down there again tonight on the way home and hopefully i find it. i'm at the Jamaica/archer station just to make sure i'm at the right spot

@rtoman- i was on the platform and at the end there wasn't a window or door, going downstairs there was the j line, i went upstairs towards the lirr.

^^what he said^^

never found it, was about to miss the train home, didn't wanna wait another hr for the next one and gave up after about 15 min of walking around. gonna go down there again tonight on the way home and hopefully i find it. i'm at the Jamaica/archer station just to make sure i'm at the right spot

@rtoman- i was on the platform and at the end there wasn't a window or door, going downstairs there was the j line, i went upstairs towards the lirr.

When you get off of the train J or E go up the escalator to the mezzanine level, walk out the turnstile as if you're exiting the station, look to your right or left depending If you went through the exit gates. Look for beige doors. One has a big round sticker on it. The sign on the wall will say crew reporting center. That's where your check will be.

The exit you need for the CRC Is 153 street and Archer ave as Brown hornet said double doors with the big sticker on them Past the fare control area.. You gotta go out side the gate but not up the stairs.

The exit you need for the CRC Is 153 street and Archer ave as Brown hornet said double doors with the big sticker on them Past the fare control area.. You gotta go out side the gate but not up the stairs.

^^what he said^€

Dress code question? Are all black boots ok? Or does it have to be shoes like the paper says?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoes- Sturdy, dark colors. Emphasis on sturdy. So yes... All black BOOTS are ok. Keep in mind.... You probably won't be able to go to the boot truck (in corona yard) for the first week and a half. So wear acceptable boots, like you have. Dark blue Dickies. Without the double knee. Light blue button down. (Even though I've seen people wearing all kinds of different stuff) but if you can buy it, do it. You don't wanna stand out. Good luck Mard. Gotta keep us posted also.

No problem.... How you doing out there?

going really good, we only have had one of our instructors out with us sofar but she has been great to learn from. from what i've been told our other instructor is even better ;)

Edited by my923ksl

So exactly how long is class? We are 3 weeks behind you and I don't expect them to overlap.

Depending on the divisions. A division is 6 months. B division is 9 months. Reason being, the B division has more equipment (ie R32, R42,R46,R68,R68A,R143,R160) Meanwhile back in the A division the only equipment we have to learn are (R62,R62A,R142,R142A,R188) See the difference? When do you guys start?

Depending on the divisions. A division is 6 months. B division is 9 months. Reason being, the B division has more equipment (ie R32, R42,R46,R68,R68A,R143,R160) Meanwhile back in the A division the only equipment we have to learn are (R62,R62A,R142,R142A,R188) See the difference? When do you guys start?

Next Monday.

Enjoy the time off now, even though that sounds difficult to do but, trust me!! It's gonna have your head spinning. I'm a buff, and it makes my head spin with the things we have to learn AND the signals as well!

Just wait till you get to the fun stuff.... What you thought you knew about trains heh you gonna find out you didnt! ;)

Enjoy the time off now, even though that sounds difficult to do but, trust me!! It's gonna have your head spinning. I'm a buff, and it makes my head spin with the things we have to learn AND the signals as well!

Just wait till you get to the fun stuff.... What you thought you knew about trains heh you gonna find out you didnt! ;)

Lol... Can't wait!!!