Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Nope!!!! Whatever shift is available to the TSS to train on that's where the class will be.YOU DA MAN BH!!! Thanks again!

Lmao!! No doubt. Good luck. Oh my class will be at 130 Livingston on Monday for simulator training. So May run into you guys.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'm gonna give you my experience, I wanted B division. So have others In my class also. My list # was 2180's then there were people with higher numbers. When the head of the pick division came in the room, he said we have only 12 slots for the B division, and 30 slots for the A. Haaaa!!! Those slots vanished way before they called my name. But now it could be the other way around next time. Cause I heard the class right before mine all of them got sent to the B. And they were on a PM shift.. I would've been happy. But I still am cause I got a good class, and I've met some really good people. So hey... It's all in gods hands! And I've met a childhood friend who used to take train rides with me from church ave. To 241st Wakefield. On the 2 train. And look... Now we are going to be in the A division where it all began. So hey.... I'm happy still. I'm livings dream thank god

My sorry BH. I should've been clear in my question. I know about picking A& B. My question was more of can we pick AM or PM?

I was there when the last class were told all T/O's have PM classes and B division. Classes are set as the T.S.S.'s are able.

Now for the choosing your shift later on, at the end of schoolcar they give you a wishlist for AM,PM or midnights. Also for your RDO's. It doesn't mean they will honor it. I got the wishlist after the final, I hear they do try to work with you and when calling the crew office my first time yesterday they seemed nice enough to me so here's to hoping lol

Ok I'm gonna give you my experience, I wanted B division. So have others In my class also. My list # was 2180's then there were people with higher numbers. When the head of the pick division came in the room, he said we have only 12 slots for the B division, and 30 slots for the A. Haaaa!!! Those slots vanished way before they called my name. But now it could be the other way around next time. Cause I heard the class right before mine all of them got sent to the B. And they were on a PM shift.. I would've been happy. But I still am cause I got a good class, and I've met some really good people. So hey... It's all in gods hands! And I've met a childhood friend who used to take train rides with me from church ave. To 241st Wakefield. On the 2 train. And look... Now we are going to be in the A division where it all began. So hey.... I'm happy still. I'm livings dream thank god

My sorry BH. I should've been clear in my question. I know about picking A& B. My question was more of can we pick AM or PM?

I was there when the last class were told all T/O's have PM classes and B division. Classes are set as the T.S.S.'s are able.

Now for the choosing your shift later on, at the end of schoolcar they give you a wishlist for AM,PM or midnights. Also for your RDO's. It doesn't mean they will honor it. I got the wishlist after the final, I hear they do try to work with you and when calling the crew office my first time yesterday they seemed nice enough to me so here's to hoping lol

Cool nice to know! Thanks

On my way to 130 montauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First day is in the books! We're all official now! Ran into my man @mard today. Missed you @brownhornet. Catch you later. I'm out I've got a killer headache.

2404 since friday. She just gonna give you another phone number for her Co worker but she doesn't pick up calls like her.

True. called second phone # many times - no answer.

2404 is the last # called.

Long weekend is coming up, I think everything will resume in June.

There is why so many people were called prior to long weekend.

DCAS is also focused on other exams and lists.

8098 wasn't updated since April.

Have a great long weekend everyone!

Guys, can anyone ask your instructor about July/August classes?

Just ask him during your coffee break. Tell him you have a friend waiting to be called, just want to know if any classes scheduled? if not then when is the next one?

Thx

Guys, can anyone ask your instructor about July/August classes?

Just ask him during your coffee break. Tell him you have a friend waiting to be called, just want to know if any classes scheduled? if not then when is the next one?

Thx

The next class is 6/30.

You and your class are a TEAM the whole time you're down in schoolcar. You should be helping one another study, and whoever has a particular subject down pat, when you're not with the TSS's, should be helping those who don't have it down get it down.

Additionally, since you're travelling all over the system, ride the lines, and pay attention on your rides to work for those of you that take the train. Learn where the train goes slow and try to remember it - good odds there's a speed restriction or timers there, and you'll want to have some idea of these lines, the tracks and where they go, where you gotta go slow etc.

Ever hear people refer to "good" or "bad" schoolcar classes? Well that's where this comes from. You guys are a TEAM, and until people come to know YOU when you're on your own, you'll be part of "that class". Give yourselves a good reputation by working together.

Yes, the TSSes are there to help you, but you have to help yourselves. A TSS isn't going to hold 50+ signal aspects in front of you and ask you to identify each one - they may review 20 with the whole class before moving on to the lesson plan - they have a tight schedule as it is and a lot of material to cover. You guys have to help each other with the unofficial tutoring.

Make the most of the time the TSS's give you. They have access to resources that you don't - specifically the trains. That one day you're supposed to do a combination signal review / go down the road practicing station stops? If you've been studying with your class and do well in the first half, you'll go down the road, maybe even get to take a nice long trip, and practice stops. If you haven't been studying, or you've been studying alone, and people in the class seem shaky on signals, rest assured your TSSes will spend more time going over them since they of all know how important it is you learn your signals. Now you're wasting class time and missing out on time operating the train because you're reviewing something you should have reviewed at home - note this is very different than studying on your own and having a question, which is totally fine. And if there's something you'd like to see, ask. But you guys are all in this together as a class, so help each other and succeed together.

Very true. My class gelled as the time went on. We spent our lunch and breaks going over everything. I became the signal expert (not trying to toot my horn). We helped each other get through, and we still keep in touch.

Interesting last few pages... As for what Subway Guy said i shall totally agree with with...  

There are NO secrets in RTO, if yer class is "labeled" it will stay that way until you are out posting or doing YX...

My class studied a lot off the clock together, so when we had those *dual days* we wasn't spending time going over things again and again.

We went over it once our TSS was satisfied, then got ourselves a train and went down the road.

For you B Div Folks Midnight Road Ops are a minefield of GOs and Flagging and you are going to see this First Hand.

One more thing and please heed it esp those with er shall i say "thin skin?"

This place (RTO) can be sort of a "frat house" at times, teasing going on here and there don't take it personal and unless it gets out of hand(name calling) then you say something.

Yet the best thing is Dont give folks a reason to mess with you there are some ball breakers down here. ;)

No im not one of them im on the damn train too much anyway Queens Is no Joke...

Yes it is. Especially when you are new, walk in, say good morning, and keep quiet. Mind your Ps and Qs, and be polite. You are being watched. 

Great news brother glad to hear it! :)

Word gets out that i can tell you...  

Now as for the individuals...

Heh well that's when the cream of the crop rises when you folks get separated..

Names get passed....

Facebook is a beautiful thing...   :)

I can vouch for that due to one idiot that was part of my Induction Class. 

You and your class are a TEAM the whole time you're down in schoolcar. You should be helping one another study, and whoever has a particular subject down pat, when you're not with the TSS's, should be helping those who don't have it down get it down.

Additionally, since you're travelling all over the system, ride the lines, and pay attention on your rides to work for those of you that take the train. Learn where the train goes slow and try to remember it - good odds there's a speed restriction or timers there, and you'll want to have some idea of these lines, the tracks and where they go, where you gotta go slow etc.

Ever hear people refer to "good" or "bad" schoolcar classes? Well that's where this comes from. You guys are a TEAM, and until people come to know YOU when you're on your own, you'll be part of "that class". Give yourselves a good reputation by working together.

Yes, the TSSes are there to help you, but you have to help yourselves. A TSS isn't going to hold 50+ signal aspects in front of you and ask you to identify each one - they may review 20 with the whole class before moving on to the lesson plan - they have a tight schedule as it is and a lot of material to cover. You guys have to help each other with the unofficial tutoring.

Make the most of the time the TSS's give you. They have access to resources that you don't - specifically the trains. That one day you're supposed to do a combination signal review / go down the road practicing station stops? If you've been studying with your class and do well in the first half, you'll go down the road, maybe even get to take a nice long trip, and practice stops. If you haven't been studying, or you've been studying alone, and people in the class seem shaky on signals, rest assured your TSSes will spend more time going over them since they of all know how important it is you learn your signals. Now you're wasting class time and missing out on time operating the train because you're reviewing something you should have reviewed at home - note this is very different than studying on your own and having a question, which is totally fine. And if there's something you'd like to see, ask. But you guys are all in this together as a class, so help each other and succeed together.

Very true. My class gelled as the time went on. We spent our lunch and breaks going over everything. I became the signal expert (not trying to toot my horn). We helped each other get through, and we still keep in touch.

Interesting last few pages... As for what Subway Guy said i shall totally agree with with...  

There are NO secrets in RTO, if yer class is "labeled" it will stay that way until you are out posting or doing YX...

My class studied a lot off the clock together, so when we had those *dual days* we wasn't spending time going over things again and again.

We went over it once our TSS was satisfied, then got ourselves a train and went down the road.

For you B Div Folks Midnight Road Ops are a minefield of GOs and Flagging and you are going to see this First Hand.

One more thing and please heed it esp those with er shall i say "thin skin?"

This place (RTO) can be sort of a "frat house" at times, teasing going on here and there don't take it personal and unless it gets out of hand(name calling) then you say something.

Yet the best thing is Dont give folks a reason to mess with you there are some ball breakers down here. ;)

No im not one of them im on the damn train too much anyway Queens Is no Joke...

Yes it is. Especially when you are new, walk in, say good morning, and keep quiet. Mind your Ps and Qs, and be polite. You are being watched. 

Great news brother glad to hear it! :)

Word gets out that i can tell you...  

Now as for the individuals...

Heh well that's when the cream of the crop rises when you folks get separated..

Names get passed....

Facebook is a beautiful thing...   :)

I can vouch for that due to one idiot that was part of my Induction Class. 

Yeah, in my class it's between me and another classmate of mine. We're the signals experts!

I heard on this forum many times the starting salary in School Car is $30.00 an hour. My ques is how long does it takes to reach TOP pay?

With the new contract that was just ratified the starting pay is now 31.87 for new comers. After training is over and you have 250+ road hours posted you will be making 33.87 for year 2015. And 34.50 in 2016. The gap between starting pay and top pay for train operators is about $2 give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk