Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are past the 2400's. There is someone in my current class in the low 2500's if that helps.

Impossible. I had a lovely conversation with Ms. Shivers yesterday. The last appointed was 2409. She said for me to expect a call in 2-3 weeks.

List 251x

thats odd because nobody in the 2400s got called yet and i know someone in the 2300s who hasnt been called yet. 

It helps to check up on them though. TA is quick to skip you if your not paying attention. Heard alot of stories from 

last time i was doing this for my current position. but they dont mess up where they skip 100 people so he must be gave you the wrong number with that 2500

Edited by natic03

thats odd because nobody in the 2400s got called yet and i know someone in the 2300s who hasnt been called yet.

It helps to check up on them though. TA is quick to skip you if your not paying attention. Heard alot of stories from

last time i was doing this for my current position. but they dont mess up where they skip 100 people so he must be gave you the wrong number with that 2500

Thanks for quick response.

That is what the forum is about.

End of June should be our time.

I love this discussion.

Please walk me through some logistics:

(1) 1st contact with invite to go to Brooklyn for drug test/physical exam is by mail?

(2) should first drug test lapse, are you notified by mail or by phone re need to come in again for follow up drug test(s)?

(3) when/if we get the good news we're hoping for, that we're finally scheduled for a specific school car class, is that notification also by mail?

I ask all this because I'm wondering when/if they ever call you. Should I just be focused on the mail?

I love this discussion.

(1) 1st contact with invite to go to Brooklyn for drug test/physical exam is by mail?

(2) should first drug test lapse, are you notified by mail or by phone re need to come in again for follow up drug test(s)?

(3) when/if we get the good news we're hoping for, that we're finally scheduled for a specific school car class, is that notification also by mail?

I ask all this because I'm wondering when/if they ever call you. Should I just be focused on the mail?

No. Mail for 1st drug test. Phone for everythjng after that.

I love this discussion.

make sure if you moved since you took that test that you updated your address with Dcas

Mail/letter for initial contact for drug screening.

After 1st drug test is complete expect a phone call to come down for medical/final processing.

Drug test are good for 90 days. If your 1st drug test is going to expire you will be contacted via phone to return for another.

School car info and start dates and locations for start dates after final processing will be given to you via a WELCOME/orientation package that is handed to you with instructions at your final processing at 180 Livingston.

Last thing: make sure you keep weekly or bi weekly contact with 180 Livingston / b.shivers and ask her for an estimate as to when you think you may be called. If you're next up she will tell you. If it's 2-3 weeks she will tell you. So don't be shy. She is very helpful. And trust me she knew my name very well from all the calls and she never gets upset by the calls. I would apologize for bothering her and she would tell me not to apologize because it was her job. Good luck everyone. And feel free to ask me anything. I will try my best to answer your questions and or get the answers to your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already done. Thanks for the reminder, though.

People forget and mail forwarding only works for a few (6?) months.

forwarding works for a year. A lot easier to call 1 centre St & change your address there. Edited by Allday

Mail/letter for initial contact for drug screening.

After 1st drug test is complete expect a phone call to come down for medical/final processing.

Drug test are good for 90 days. If your 1st drug test is going to expire you will be contacted via phone to return for another.

School car info and start dates and locations for start dates after final processing will be given to you via a WELCOME/orientation package that is handed to you with instructions at your final processing at 180 Livingston.

Last thing: make sure you keep weekly or bi weekly contact with 180 Livingston / b.shivers and ask her for an estimate as to when you think you may be called. If you're next up she will tell you. If it's 2-3 weeks she will tell you. So don't be shy. She is very helpful. And trust me she knew my name very well from all the calls and she never gets upset by the calls. I would apologize for bothering her and she would tell me not to apologize because it was her job. Good luck everyone. And feel free to ask me anything. I will try my best to answer your questions and or get the answers to your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^What my man Mard said 100%^^

yo anyone know any details on the misc aspects of the new contract, more specifically the ability to ride the LIRR for free? is this applicable now, do i just show them my pass or do i need a separate pass to ride

yo anyone know any details on the misc aspects of the new contract, more specifically the ability to ride the LIRR for free? is this applicable now, do i just show them my pass or do i need a separate pass to ride

Wassup man!!! Sorry I didn't come up to you and talk, but my class was taking that train back to VC

Mail/letter for initial contact for drug screening.After 1st drug test is complete expect a phone call to come down for medical/final processing. Drug test are good for 90 days. If your 1st drug test is going to expire you will be contacted via phone to return for another. School car info and start dates and locations for start dates after final processing will be given to you via a WELCOME/orientation package that is handed to you with instructions at your final processing at 180 Livingston. Last thing: make sure you keep weekly or bi weekly contact with 180 Livingston / b.shivers and ask her for an estimate as to when you think you may be called. If you're next up she will tell you. If it's 2-3 weeks she will tell you. So don't be shy. She is very helpful. And trust me she knew my name very well from all the calls and she never gets upset by the calls. I would apologize for bothering her and she would tell me not to apologize because it was her job. Good luck everyone. And feel free to ask me anything. I will try my best to answer your questions and or get the answers to your questions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mard were you at the 1st table on the left as you enter the gym today? I was the only oddball conductor on the table with the operators and tower operators.

Edited by StandClearTheDoors