Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Congrats, big dan.

I'm curious to hear what's the last number appointed for the June 30th class.

Just trying to estimate when I might be called for the initial drug test, and how many months beyond that for a school car slot.

I need to be patient but it's not easy.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on being appointed. I'm hoping my time will come soon. Ideally I would like to be in the July class. Keeping my fingers cross.

Everyone please continue to keep us posted on your progress! This forum definitely helps...

I will post FRI after going through the second D/T and physical examination.

I missed it in the letter.... I thought it was for the second D/T only. I guess it will be physical as well.

Even though the letter says medical, it's really the second drug test only. You will see this when you go Friday. Medicals get phone calls. I did my second drug test today.

List # 251x

I will post FRI after going through the second D/T and physical examination.

I missed it in the letter.... I thought it was for the second D/T only. I guess it will be physical as well.

Even though the letter says medical, it's really the second drug test only. You will see this when you go Friday. Medicals get phone calls. I did my second drug test today.

List # 251x

So it looks like July for us. How many ppl there today?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Tapatalk

List # 251x

Thanks, good to know.

# 258x

i got sworn in today   

and was wondering who else got in

i think a bunch of you guys will be sworn in this week

good luck guys

Ohh ok congrats!!!   Your the exception since your number was so low hopefully people will be coming in for the medical and final processing this and next week

Can someone answer following Qs, I know all of it will be covered during job orientation, but it nice to know ahead of the game:

Q1: Work week 35 or 40 hrs?

Q2: Lunch (if any) 30 min or one full hour? Paid or unpaid?

Q3: On average, how many hours of overtime is possible to make a week or month?

Q3: Shifts: 7-3, 3-11, 11-7?

Thanks

Can someone answer following Qs, I know all of it will be covered during job orientation, but it nice to know ahead of the game:

Thanks

Work week is 40 hrs minimum.

Lunch is paid.

Dont worry about Overtime Possible, you will be extra you will get plenty.

AM (anywhere from 0400 to 1159 Am) 

PM(Anywhere from 1200 to 2259)

Midnight (Anywhere from 2300 to 0359)

Lets put it this way if you got a family, get used to not seeing them a lot.

Focus on training first... Depending on where you are you wont see things like that as much for five to nine months if im correct.

Edited by RTOMan

Work week is 40 hrs minimum.

Lunch is paid.

Dont worry about Overtime Possible, you will be extra you will get plenty.

AM (anywhere from 0400 to 1159 Am)

PM(Anywhere from 1200 to 2259)

Midnight (Anywhere from 2300 to 0359)

Lets put it this way if you got a family, get used to not seeing them a lot.

Focus on training first... Depending on where you are you wont see things like that as much for five to nine months if im correct.

Great info RTOMan, thanks a lot!

BTW Lunch is scheduled for anywhere from 30 to 70 minutes, depending on the job and lunch location, and will always be during a scheduled time between your 3rd and 6th hour after the job starts. As lunch is paid time, you do not have a RIGHT to your full lunch break if you come in late or the road is blown up, but you will be paid a 30 minute bonus if you don't get at least 20 minutes of your scheduled lunch break. So always come to work with snacks and NEVER make plans on your lunch break.

Thanks

1. You will be paid and work no less than 40 hours per week, but believe me. Being extra extra, you will work way more than the 40 hour minimum whether you want to or not.

2. Lunch depends on the job your working that day. Your not guaranteed a lunch but they will pay you an extra 30mins if your lunch is cut short.

3. Overtime will be plentiful while your extra. And you guys must understand that overtime is MANDATORY. It's not an option or choice. There are jobs down here that are 10 hours. Plus the road might blow up and you'll get a late clear on top of that. Who doesn't love money though.

4. There really are no shifts. The closest you'll get to a "shift" is AM, PM or Midnight shift. For example on AM shift your job can start at 4am and end at 12pm or later or it can start at 1130am and end at 730pm or later. It's a very big time range for each "shift", we call the "tour" though. AM Tour for example.

Your time will be eaten up by this job while your extra extra but enjoy that money because when it comes time to pick, unless your lucky, you'll see less of those 90+ hour paychecks.

Enjoy it and have fun while being safe at the same time.

Edited by Success7

I just received my notice to report but on it, it says you are being considered for probable permanent appointment as a train operator (yard). Does that mean I will only do yard work my entire career and never do live passenger work? Or is that what I report for but as I gain experience I can move?

Thanks in advance

1. You will be paid and work no less than 40 hours per week, but believe me. Being extra extra, you will work way more than the 40 hour minimum whether you want to or not.

2. Lunch depends on the job your working that day. Your not guaranteed a lunch but they will pay you an extra 30mins if your lunch is cut short.

3. Overtime will be plentiful while your extra. And you guys must understand that overtime is MANDATORY. It's not an option or choice. There are jobs down here that are 10 hours. Plus the road might blow up and you'll get a late clear on top of that. Who doesn't love money though.

4. There really are no shifts. The closest you'll get to a "shift" is AM, PM or Midnight shift. For example on AM shift your job can start at 4am and end at 12pm or later or it can start at 1130am and end at 730pm or later. It's a very big time range for each "shift", we call the "tour" though. AM Tour for example.

Your time will be eaten up by this job while your extra extra but enjoy that money because when it comes time to pick, unless your lucky, you'll see less of those 90+ hour paychecks.

Enjoy it and have fun while being safe at the same time.

Thanks again for the info everyone. Very interesting.

Can't wait to start. taking my second D/T today.

Asked the lady in the front, she told me they will call back again.

Second letter is just another D/T.

I just received my notice to report but on it, it says you are being considered for probable permanent appointment as a train operator (yard). Does that mean I will only do yard work my entire career and never do live passenger work? Or is that what I report for but as I gain experience I can move?

Thanks in advance

Yard is just the starting rate your rate to a Road Train operator will come after a certain amount of time on the road.

Just got the call for Final Processing on Wednesday, June 11th.

List 251x

Congrats. I was just there today for the 2nd dt. It was empty and still took 3 hours to call 5 ppl. You have to love the MTA!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but have been monitoring the progress of this forum since it started. I figured I'd finally sign up and inform that I received my letter for the D/T today and have to show up on June 12th. My # is 27XX. Hopefully I will get called for the July or August class.

I just got my letter for my 2nd drug test!!! Finally....

Congrats AAnxious!

LeonDoub you're up next, I should be right behind you!

Thanks Grey. What's your list #.

Great news. Congrats!

Hopefully me - next week.

Good weekend everyone!

# 258x

Thanks Leon. Who knows, you may make it into the June Class. From second DT to Final Processing in a week, for me, iit's very possible for you.