Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

I'm starving!! Forget hungry!! I'm always pushing everyone to do better. Challenging them with questions while we are on breaks. Making the class competitive so that everyone stays on their toes. People get discouraged quickly once they realize how much we need to study and know. The weak get sorted out very quickly. TSS's know immediately who are the weak links. Especially when it comes to flowing instructions. No one will hold your hand. From the interview process down to operating.

CYA

CONSIDER

YOURSELF

ACCOUNTABLE

^^What he said^^ CYA Cover Your Ass!!! And, your classmates are a team. So like Mard said. Challenge each other. And yes, the TSS will KNOW the weak links!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done with my.DT. got there at 630am, they started at 730 am, out by 930 am. Now time to wait for that call.Hoping for July class.

Good luck. Hopefully it moves quickly.

Can you tell us your list range (within 100 or so)?

I'm trying to figure out where they are in terms of initial processing (first drug tests).

^^What he said^^ CYA Cover Your Ass!!! And, your classmates are a team. So like Mard said. Challenge each other. And yes, the TSS will KNOW the weak links!

Lotta weak links out there it seems when you folks get into Schoolcar, Yer TSS will prob tell you the tales its going have you go WOW...

Lotta weak links out there it seems when you folks get into Schoolcar, Yer TSS will prob tell you the tales its going have you go WOW...

My class hears those stories all the time.

Ok, for those who asked, I am #27XX. For those who already went through the process, the NYC residency part, this position, we're not required to move to NYC, correct? Aaaand the gentleman who processed me, I hope he was joking about filling out elementary school info. Besides its bad enough, we have to provide employment info from day one of leaving school. I can't even remember that far back.

I'm a little paranoid. Want to get every detail correct.

Mard,

School car - 35 or 40 hrs a week?

Lunch 30 mins or one hr?

How long is the training? how many months total?

Schoolcar 40 Hrs in Class and Field.

Lunch  is when your TSSs tell you to go and come back lets put it that way.

B Div training is close to nine months (Due to three months of Yard Extra).

Not sure about A Div. 

Schoolcar 40 Hrs in Class and Field.

Lunch is when your TSSs tell you to go and come back lets put it that way.

B Div training is close to nine months (Due to three months of Yard Extra).

Not sure about A Div.

Thanks again RTOMan!

I'm just trying to see financially what am I looking at in the very beginning.

Many companies spend minimal resources on training time. I thought it would be 35 hrs a week. I can see it is not the case with MTA.

Evidently - Great company!

A Division does 6 months in schoolcar with 3 of them being in the yard like RTOman said. B is longer due it being the bigger of the two divisions and it has more equipment to learn. Overall it's little more complicated while A is much more straight forward.

And as for vets f'ing up, all I have to say is--- 15 cars in passenger service.

Thanks again RTOMan!

Many companies spend minimal resources on training time. I thought it would be 35 hrs a week. I can see it is not the case with MTA.

NYCT spends thousands of dollars training just one T/O. So yes, they invest a lot into schoolcar but they have to. You aren't getting trained to sit behind a desk all day. You, along with your c/o are in charge of some very expensive equipment and of course people's lives.

A Division does 6 months in schoolcar with 3 of them being in the yard like RTOman said. B is longer due it being the bigger of the two divisions and it has more equipment to learn. Overall it's little more complicated while A is much more straight forward.

And as for vets f'ing up, all I have to say is--- 15 cars in passenger service.

One of my friends who is Schoolcar was told about that by the TSS he couldn't believe it! It's happened a few times down here.. BTW that TO didn't have a lot of time but enough to know better..

Thanks again RTOMan!

No problem yer welcome...

Edited by RTOMan

One of my friends who is Schoolcar was told about that by the TSS he couldn't believe it! It's happened a few times down here.. BTW that TO didn't have a lot of time but enough to know better..

Which is one of the numerous reasons why you walk your train before you move that sucker. Even a quick walk through would have prevented that.

Question for the people who recently went for the DT. A good friend of mine just went down for his but he told me he didn't recieve the 21-page booklet to fill out his history. I remember getting mine the same day of the DT, allowing you the time to fill it out while your waiting for your call back. Did this process change as of late? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Neimas

Question for the people who recently went for the DT. A good friend of mine just went down for his but he told me he didn't recieve the 21-page booklet to fill out his history. I remember getting mine the same day of the DT, allowing you the time to fill it out while your waiting for your call back. Did this process change as of late? Thanks in advance.

Good Q! I wanted to ask that when I took my second D/T.

I didn't get 21 page booklet either.

But they saw that I work for another City agency. Maybe that is the reason.

Your friend works in the private or public sector?

Good Q! I wanted to ask that when I took my second D/T.

I didn't get 21 page booklet either.

But they saw that I work for another City agency. Maybe that is the reason.

Your friend works in the private or public sector?

Thanks for the prompt reply LeonDoub. Yes, he has worked for at least two city agencies over the past 10+ years-- ACS and Dept. of Buildings(current).

Got a call yesterday to come in today instead of Monday.

Medical was easy breezy, and moved fast. The doctor didn't even do half the things people explained here. 2 minutes with her, I couldn't believe it. Saw a few get put on hold. Final Processing was fast too. To all those who are waiting. GET THERE EARLY. Your ticket # means EVERYTHING. Contrary to belief, you are called in the order of arrival.

I was in at 6:45 and out by 11:45, all the employees are very professional and know their stuff.

Good luck to the rest of you and I'll see some of ya on June 30th.

List 251x

Edited by AAnxious