Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

@slow on purpose, but the old timers I've spoken to over at Newlots told me how to come in the station with those 62's basically the same thing you said.[/quot

Never said they were bad trains operational wise I was just talking about comfort level, 62s are great to operate specially in bad weather compared to the tech trains that slip and slide at the first drop of rain it's just that those 62s kill my back lol. And yes the 3 line in my opinion is the best line, once you get to chambers uptown it's over

I think you quoted the wrong person. I laughed at the slow on purpose thing that someone else said about being stuck behind a crew on the duece. They were saying how the 3 is a good line, not too long, not too short, and a good express run. I just hit here, a have no input as to which equipment, or line I favor. I just have an idea what I THINK I would like.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ame='Etrain' timestamp='1404580091' post='779924']

I think you quoted the wrong person. I laughed at the slow on purpose thing that someone else said about being stuck behind a crew on the duece. They were saying how the 3 is a good line, not too long, not too short, and a good express run. I just hit here, a have no input as to which equipment, or line I favor. I just have an idea what I THINK I would like.

Sorry about that bro was not taking any shots at you or anyone and you will definetely will have your favorites when you are out here, enjoy school car and make the most out your time in the yards and station switching.

ame='Etrain' timestamp='1404580091' post='779924']

Sorry about that bro was not taking any shots at you or anyone and you will definetely will have your favorites when you are out here, enjoy school car and make the most out your time in the yards and station switching.

No problem Etrain, and thank you my brother!!! But the part I don't like about this, is the sitting around. I know I gotta appreciate the "down time" but man that shits BORING!! I wanna move some trains!! Lol

Anyone going down this week for final processing??

I'm very curious to hear how hiring is proceeding and how fast they're moving through the list.

Do they slow down school car during the summer months?

Went down today and it went fast was there for about 5 hours and then got the start date. The next class is on the 28th and they seem to be moving fast. But it seems like it's one class a month right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went down for final processing today, start school car on the 28th. Yes, there are 40 T/O's per class.

Went down today and it went fast was there for about 5 hours and then got the start date. The next class is on the 28th and they seem to be moving fast. But it seems like it's one class a month right now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to both of you. The 40 T/0's will break down into 4 separate classes. They actually ramped up the amount of T/O's they are bringing in per month. There were only 30 of us and 40 C/O, I think, when I came in. Broke down into 1 B Division and 2 A Division T/O classes.

I went down for final processing today, start school car on the 28th. Yes, there are 40 T/O's per class.
I was there too today. Good to know we will be in the class together. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went down for final processing today, start school car on the 28th. Yes, there are 40 T/O's per class.  Went down today and it went fast was there for about 5 hours and then got the start date. The next class is on the 28th and they seem to be moving fast. But it seems like it's one class a month right now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Congratulations to both of you. The 40 T/0's will break down into 4 separate classes. They actually ramped up the amount of T/O's they are bringing in per month. There were only 30 of us and 40 C/O, I think, when I came in. Broke down into 1 B Division and 2 A Division T/O classes.
Thanks! Can't wait to get started. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused, correct me if I'm wrong but HopefulTO, your list # it's 260X and 3rd Rail your 267X, that's more than 40#s. Are there more than 40 ppl being called for July 28th?.3rd Rail,keep us informed if you're given the July class or if you're given an Aug date. Much appreciated.

I'm confused, correct me if I'm wrong but HopefulTO, your list # it's 260X and 3rd Rail your 267X, that's more than 40#s. Are there more than 40 ppl being called for July 28th?.3rd Rail,keep us informed if you're given the July class or if you're given an Aug date. Much appreciated.

They go through way more than 40#s just to get 40 people per class. People get disqualified or don't meet the requirements or get put on medical holds so they have to call about 100 people just to get 40. Plus not everyone accepts the position and they don't exactly go in order. For example, I was in the first class of open competitive TOs and the class had some promotionasl, but the open compatitive list numbers ranged from the top 10 to the 80s or 90s just to get about 25 of us.

Edited by Success7

Thanks Success7. Just hating the fact I have my 21 page booklet, all filled out & just waiting for the chance to bring it in. Waiting 5 years to get to this point, makes me a little anxious to get things started. Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Success7. Just hating the fact I have my 21 page booklet, all filled out & just waiting for the chance to bring it in. Waiting 5 years to get to this point, makes me a little anxious to get things started. Patience is a virtue.

I know the feeling. I had that booklet filled out in February. Before you know it you will be getting that call that you have been waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your list range #?