Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Cut the s*** out. The rest of us don't want to read an internet pissing contest.

Back on topic.

Blowing off a little steam it happens..

Hey might as well let em see to how it can be down here at times.

The key is....

Knowing WHEN to STOP.

Sometimes stuff gets outta hand and G2's are written. Which I have said here a few times.

Blowing off steam does happen, but I told him what I had to tell him a few posts ago, YESTERDAY now I see another one directed at me INCLUDING threats now. I don't do those. This is a public forum. But hey... I'm just starting my yard posting. By the time he gets down here, God willing I'll be pounding the road. Maybe he and will run into each other.......... Nuff said!!!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can dig that but Both mines and Subways Guys posts was directed in general not a certain poster...,

Question are you a member of the Crew Room?

If you aren't ask Harry send him a PM there's things in there you can find helpful.

Things WE don't post here in this part of the forum.

Since it don't concern non RTO folks anyway..

I can dig that but Both mines and Subways Guys posts was directed in general not a certain poster...,

Question are you a member of the Crew Room?

If you aren't ask Harry send him a PM there's things in there you can find helpful.

Things WE don't post here in this part of the forum.

Since it don't concern non RTO folks anyway..

@RTOman Once again you're dropping some more science on here. I will send him a PM soon as a get a chance. Cause I'm still learning, and sometimes there are things I would like to ask. But I know this thread is for general info. Only. Thanks again

@RTOman Once again you're dropping some more science on here. I will send him a PM soon as a get a chance. Cause I'm still learning, and sometimes there are things I would like to ask. But I know this thread is for general info. Only. Thanks again

You are welcome I have stressed here any new folks to join that room.

General info is helpful job related general info is even more helpful.

There's good info there that is posted. You are one of us now time to get that badge under yer name.

Oh for the record that place isn't "filled" with the crew room lawyers you will encounter running around down here either.

Edited by RTOMan

You are welcome I have stressed here any new folks to join that room.

General info is helpful job related general info is even more helpful.

There's good info there that is posted. You are one of us now time to get that badge under yer name.

Oh for the record that place isn't "filled" with the crew room lawyers you will encounter running around down here either.

????@get that badge under my name. Will do, and phew!! I'm glad there won't be any of those "crew room lawyers" there. Cause I've heard of them, and I believe I have seen one or two already. And in my mind I'm like " oh god! These are those lawyers people are warning me about"

Blowing off steam does happen, but I told him what I had to tell him a few posts ago, YESTERDAY now I see another one directed at me INCLUDING threats now. I don't do those. This is a public forum. But hey... I'm just starting my yard posting. By the time he gets down here, God willing I'll be pounding the road. Maybe he and will run into each other.......... Nuff said!!!

I am stopping this non-sense/BS. You are one that started this pal. We are all on here to pass info & help one another out. Not to insult and put people down. Yea, I hope we meet one day. That sounds good to me. Now, let's get back to business....

What we say in there should stay in the Crewroom forum. Welcome to RTO!

As far as I'm concerned it shall.. No one likes a snitch down here lesson number two... So if one can't keep their mouth shit don't bother joining it.. Things come full circle down here eventually you will get found out.

Blowing off steam does happen, but I told him what I had to tell him a few posts ago, YESTERDAY now I see another one directed at me INCLUDING threats now. I don't do those. This is a public forum. But hey... I'm just starting my yard posting. By the time he gets down here, God willing I'll be pounding the road. Maybe he and will run into each other.......... Nuff said!!!I am stopping this non-sense/BS. You are one that started this pal. We are all on here to pass info & help one another out. Not to insult and put people down. Yea, I hope we meet one day. That sounds good to me. Now, let's get back to business....

I don't know exactly what happened here. But I do know that @trainman has a track record of trying to police this forum like he owns it. Then he likes to hide when things get thick. @trainman likes to ask off topic questions when it suits him but if we talk about off topic subjects on here he starts crying like a little girl. When I say off topic I'm referring to getting called for dt or med or final processing.

Blowing off steam does happen, but I told him what I had to tell him a few posts ago, YESTERDAY now I see another one directed at me INCLUDING threats now. I don't do those. This is a public forum. But hey... I'm just starting my yard posting. By the time he gets down here, God willing I'll be pounding the road. Maybe he and will run into each other.......... Nuff said!!!I am stopping this non-sense/BS. You are one that started this pal. We are all on here to pass info & help one another out. Not to insult and put people down. Yea, I hope we meet one day. That sounds good to me. Now, let's get back to business....

I don't know exactly what happened here. But I do know that @trainman has a track record of trying to police this forum like he owns it. Then he likes to hide when things get thick. @trainman likes to ask off topic questions when it suits him but if we talk about off topic subjects on here he starts crying like a little girl. When I say off topic I'm referring to getting called for dt or med or final processing.

^^what he said^^ ???????? The funny thing is Mard.... This dudes "trying" to send threats my way, on a public forum!! ???????????? Like I said, I don't do threats! ???? So anyway @Mard looking forward to hearing you guys making your way past the signals exam, and the second practical my dude!! You got my number you know how we do. Holla at me!!

The 2 is one of those lines thats will made or break you. Look foward seeing you down the road a Brownhornet and questions in box me.
@ PelhamBayDave... Thank you my brother, and I definitely will PM you. And now that I'm in I'll spend more of my time in there. Since it's all RTO folks in there.

Question for the current T/O's. I've noticed over the past few classes called, that A-div seems to be where most guys being called are heading into. Is that because of more openings on the A div, current T/O's going from A to B div or are they trying to level the fields since a lot of guys want the B div. Also if you get A div, do you have to go back to school to get B div considering the difference in equipment used.

Question for the current T/O's. I've noticed over the past few classes called, that A-div seems to be where most guys being called are heading into. Is that because of more openings on the A div, current T/O's going from A to B div or are they trying to level the fields since a lot of guys want the B div. Also if you get A div, do you have to go back to school to get B div considering the difference in equipment used.

Wassup @Westendman I guess it had to do with budgetary concerns. Like when I started on 4-28-14 there were 42 T/O' and 60 C/R's only 12 slots for B division T/O's and the rest of us 30 T/O's got sent to the A. And pretty much all the C/R's got whatever they chose. I was a lil peeved, so were my other classmates, because we live in B division territory. But you know what... I got over it and in happy. I'm a buff so it really doesn't even matter at the end if the day. Oh and the last 2 classes I believe they all went the A also. Good luck, I can tell by your name you live in Brooklyn like myself.

We have a T/O shortage in A div do to high turn over for various reasons.

If are stuck in a Div you don't like just keep writing a request to switch. When you have enough senority to pick a job in the other division pick it and then yes school car and post over again exept your just learning about the div and equipment.

Edited by Pelham Bay Dave

More retirements and promotions of T/O's in A Div at the moment, plus a few losing their handles so they have a shortage.

The movement dictates who goes where for new hires.

Whichever division you are qualified in, you must go back to schoolcar to qualify for the other division. There are separate classes for:

-A Division T/O transferring to the B Division

-B Division T/O transferring to the A Division

-A or B Division employee transferring to Work Trains (this will include A to B, or B to A transfer class also if it has not been completed as work train T/O must be qualified in both divisions. It also includes miscellaneous qualification).

-OPTO Qualification (GC Shuttle, Midnight #5 shuttle, late night "A" Lefferts shuttle, Franklin Ave. Shuttle, Rockaway Park Shuttle, weekend "G", weekend "M").

-CBTC Qualification ("L" line)

When you are extra extra as a new employee, the crew office may send you (at their discretion) for OPTO or CBTC Qualification. If you are picked extra list and have at least 2 years on the job, the crew office may send you (at their discretion) for work train qualification, especially if you are already A/B Qualified.

Otherwise, you will have to pick a job when you need the additional training to be eligible for it. IE if you want to be CBTC Qualified, pick a job on the "L".

Edited by SubwayGuy

@Brownhornet78 thanks . Nah man, I grew up & lived along the West End until about 10 years ago, then moved to L.I. Loved seeing those R40 slants when it was the B line, the M line when it ran. So yeah like most, I have that sentimental attachment to the B div. But I'll take whatever comes my way.

@Brownhornet78 thanks . Nah man, I grew up & lived along the West End until about 10 years ago, then moved to L.I. Loved seeing those R40 slants when it was the B line, the M line when it ran. So yeah like most, I have that sentimental attachment to the B div. But I'll take whatever comes my way.

LOL!! Man those were the ugliest trains running IMO.

We have a T/O shortage in A div do to high turn over for various reasons.

If are stuck in a Div you don't like just keep writing a request to switch. When you have enough senority to pick a job in the other division pick it and then yes school car and post over again exept your just learning about the div and equipment.

@PelhamBayDave.... As for me, I'm good. I grew on the 2 and 5 in Brooklyn. Church avenue. So it's a lil nostalgic being able to do a Dyre- Flat run or white plains to flat run. I can't wait to do road ops., and road post. Hey whenever that time comes when I'm able to pick. Then I'll decide to make a move. So far I like the people I meet during my yard posting. I know I won't like everyone, and vice versa. But hey..... I'm loving it!!!