Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Your meds should not delay you just list it and if everything goes well they may tell you that you have to come in at certain times a year I guess to check because i take for blood pressure and I have to go every 6 months for they to check it thats what they told me and it will be on all your paperwork so it wont get missed lol.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a B O I was just reading through and I saw your post so I decided to share my situation with you and yes when I was processing for B O I had to do a second drug test because they are only good for 30 days so if you dont start training within the first 30 days or even if its close to 30 days and you are about to start they may still have you do another dt

The DT's are good for 90 days. If you're not called within that time, you will get another letter to come down & take it again, which by then you should get a call within 5-10 days depending on what # they are up to. Sort of fast track you through the process.

Edited by WestEndMan

The DT's are good for 90 days. If you're not called within that time, you will get another letter to come down & take it again, which by then you should get a call within 5-10 days depending on what # they are up to. Sort of fast track you through the process.

Gotcha. Thank u...

@WestEndMan. Not sure why I got called for a second DT when I took the first one 60 days prior to the date they are calling me in for the second. This was a phone call and not a letter. Anyway, I hope that whatever the reason, they call me for my medical so that I can go through the process as soon as possible. I'll call them on Mon. to ask questions. Thanks to all for your help!

Hello to all, like some of you I am waiting for "the call" for final and medical. My list range is 310x and i have really appreciated all the posts on this thread, but I know there are others like me who are reading these and are waiting to see their list range, but I feel that there are more people reading and should speak up. If you received a call you should post it. I know everyone will appreciate any info in just how close they are to their list number. Thank you hope to hear from someone soon.

Today I went down to the MTA at 180 Livingston St for a second drug test. Not sure if getting there early guarantees getting out early but I would still suggest getting there at least 45 mins early. Since people are there for many different positions the ticket # you get does not always go in order. I believe that some people have priority over others based on what they are there for. A second drug test is given if the MTA believes that your list # won't be called within 90 days of your medical date after taking the first drug test. They want you to be in compliance by the time you start class. Classes usually start shortly after your medical, assuming they accept you. My list range is 287x and it was stated to me that I may be called for the September class if all goes well. There is a class for August 25th and the classes are set up based on need. Even though it appears each month there is a class, it is not guaranteed. Any contact's to you after receiving the first letter for your drug test will be phone calls. If you don't respond asap or you need to change the date of a drug or medical test you will temporarily be passed up as the list needs to move. If you want this job make it a priority to go on the date given. If you want to know what list # they are up to you can call DCAS at 212-669-1357. After hours a recording will give you the current info. The current list number posted is 2730 as of today.

It hasn't been 90 days (its been around 60) since my pre-interview (drug test) but I have just received a second letter to go in for a another pre-interview. Also the salary on the second letter is lower (about 33% lower) than the first, although the position is the same. Whats more I wasn't sent another pre-interview application. It looks like since my initial drug test is about to expire, they want me to take another one, I'm just unsure as to why the salary is lower. 

It hasn't been 90 days (its been around 60) since my pre-interview (drug test) but I have just received a second letter to go in for a another pre-interview. Also the salary on the second letter is lower (about 33% lower) than the first, although the position is the same. Whats more I wasn't sent another pre-interview application. It looks like since my initial drug test is about to expire, they want me to take another one, I'm just unsure as to why the salary is lower.

Sounds a bit odd. Starting salary should be $30.03 per hr. What is your list # range?

Sounds a bit odd. Starting salary should be $30.03 per hr. What is your list # range?

29XX The first letter I received said that starting salary would be $30.03 per hr this new letter is exactly the same but just has a lower starting salary. I guess I'll speak to them when I go in for the drug test. I was just wondering if anyone ever heard of this.   

$30.03 is the old starting (yard) rate for T/O under the old contract. The new rate is $31.25.

Once you have completed schoolcar and released to the ROAD (not "yard extra") you will earn starting road rate which is higher. I believe it's around $32.49 or $32.94 (I forget which).

Then after completion of 231 road days, the pay will increase to $33.16.

A road day is:

-A day you sign into a road job on the payroll (marked "RD" or "GD"), regardless of whether you were on the extra board or not.

-A day you sign onto a board job on the payroll (marked "BD") and pick up a Yard ("YD") or Station Switching ("SS") job from the board.

A road day is not:

-A day you work a Yard ("YD") or Station Switching ("SS") job without being on board first.

-A day you report for a board job and do not pick up a job.

-A day you fall to the board from the road job you had been previously assigned, and do not pick up a job off the board.

Hope this clarifies any compensation questions.

I'm just a little confused, I'm just behind you @kenhaines @ 31xx, but i haven't received a letter or call asking to come in for a second DT. I live in Florida and check my mail every day and keep my phone on and loud near me at all times. Is this a random thing or should i expect a letter? I hope to be called in sept and also start this dream job and begin a new chapter in my life.

I'm just a little confused, I'm just behind you @kenhaines @ 31xx, but i haven't received a letter or call asking to come in for a second DT. I live in Florida and check my mail every day and keep my phone on and loud near me at all times. Is this a random thing or should i expect a letter? I hope to be called in sept and also start this dream job and begin a new chapter in my life.

Just to be clear the second letter I received wasn't for the medical. It was just telling me to come in for another preliminary drug test since my first DT will expire in September. Although the person I spoke to the first time I went in told me that I would only be contacted by phone from that point on.