Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

From what it seems from this forum, they have invited about between list #'s 1- 200 to go down to 180 Livingston for pre employment. Not 100% on that, just from what I can tell from a couple of forums.

i have also read somewhere in this thread ( or some other :) ) someone mentioned # 799...so now a bit confused....

Although...it is entirely possible they will go through as much as 7-800 ppl to find the 120 needed for next 3 classes...maybe even more considering how many people i see plan to "refuse" employment at this time....and i am talking about ppl with lower #'s

I wonder what will be the going after these 3 classes this year...will they have more in the beginning of next year or the rest of us will have to sit and wait "patiently again :angry: " for another year or more???

just sayin'

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have also read somewhere in this thread ( or some other :) ) someone mentioned # 799...so now a bit confused....

Although...it is entirely possible they will go through as much as 7-800 ppl to find the 120 needed for next 3 classes...maybe even more considering how many people i see plan to "refuse" employment at this time....and i am talking about ppl with lower #'s

I wonder what will be the going after these 3 classes this year...will they have more in the beginning of next year or the rest of us will have to sit and wait "patiently again :angry: " for another year or more???

just sayin'

The 799 you saw is from the conductors open competitive list. They have only called up two about the mid 300's on the train operator open competitive list... MTA is currently hiring from a couple lists right now for different jobs.

After these 3 planned classes for T/O it will depend on how many more (retirements, resignations or terminations) are needed. Remember not all 120 hired by December will complete school car. If 20 people don't make it pass school car they will have to hire 20 more by spring in addition to other planned classes to make up for that loss.

Edited by elantra06

The 799 you saw is from the conductors open competitive list. They have only called up two about the mid 300's on the train operator open competitive list... MTA is currently hiring from a couple lists right now for different jobs.

After these 3 planned classes for T/O it will depend on how many more (retirements, resignations or terminations) are needed. Remember not all 120 hired by December will complete school car. If 20 people don't make it pass school car they will have to hire 20 more by spring in addition to other planned classes to make up for that loss.

They have not gotten into the 300's, I'm in the high 200's and have not received a letter yet

Remember not all 120 hired by December will complete school car.

You got that right... They wont be playing with the Open competitive Folks...

They are harder on promos as well just because "You know trains" means nada down here..

*Wonders what took them so long should have been this way 11 years ago*

Edited by RTOMan

Can someone just verify..I saw they want 10yrs employment history & I've seen they want back to high school which is it just so I know if I have to get a SS history not sure of my dates back to HS

Also as far as driving record is there such a section in the 21 page booklet?? I got a bunch of speeding tix before but havnt gotten any in has to be 12 yrs just trying to get ahead of this stuff if I have to get documents anything appreciate and help guys everyone has been nice in helping out

Can someone just verify..I saw they want 10yrs employment history & I've seen they want back to high school which is it just so I know if I have to get a SS history not sure of my dates back to HS

Also as far as driving record is there such a section in the 21 page booklet?? I got a bunch of speeding tix before but havnt gotten any in has to be 12 yrs just trying to get ahead of this stuff if I have to get documents anything appreciate and help guys everyone has been nice in helping out

In the 21 page booklet yes they will ask you to list all traffic violations you recieved. They will ask you to list license suspensions/revocations as well.

Edited by elantra06

In the 21 page booklet yes they will ask you to list all traffic violations you recieved. They will ask you to list license suspensions/revocations as well.

I think it will have more weight if the person was going for Bus Operator, but i think thats just them being them as well!

Thanks guys for the quick response appreciate it..could the DMV give me a record of my driving history does any1 know?? Like said have no idea the dates of the tickets its been a longggg time

The driver abstract the NY DMV will give you only goes back about 3yrs for traffic violations I believe. If you said it's been 12yrs since your last ticket then your abstract will print out with no traffic violations or points listed. Suspensions/revocation/DUI's will show on it if within the past 10yrs.

I went to get mine printed last week to help fill out the 21 page booklet and not one ticket showed up on my abstract. It has been over 5yrs since my last moving violation. Only thing that showed up was when I switched over my North Carolina driver license to a NY driver license... Could have kept that $5 in my pocket :P

You will just have to do your best to remember all the dates/tickets you recieved as the MTA will be able to obtain them all.

Edited by elantra06

hi guys...thks for your kind responses....

was wondering when the benefits kick in ?? ( medical and stuff) ... at my private sector job benefits start after 1 year of employment... :lol::lol::lol: ...funny huh???

And i 've seen a post here where someone was saying they goy paychecks of 110+ hours ??? is that true ? and they were talking of rookies too.... do you get a paycheck every week or every 2 weeks?

The driver abstract the NY DMV will give you only goes back about 3yrs for traffic violations I believe. If you said it's been 12yrs since your last ticket then your abstract will print out with no traffic violations or points listed. Suspensions/revocation/DUI's will show on it if within the past 10yrs.

I went to get mine printed last week to help fill out the 21 page booklet and not one ticket showed up on my abstract. It has been over 5yrs since my last moving violation. Only thing that showed up was when I switched over my North Carolina driver license to a NY driver license... Could have kept that $5 in my pocket :P

You will just have to do your best to remember all the dates/tickets you recieved as the MTA will be able to obtain them all.

Elantra thanks for the help..I'm out of state tho don't have a NYC licence do u know how that goes?? Sorry for bombing u with questions..I might just go get a driving history

Just write down your license and state where issued in booklet where it tells you too. Like Dan05979 said a driver license isn't really needed for this postion. They just want you to list it if you have one.

From what the lady told me when handing in pre employment booklet last week she said they are more just concerned abut DUI's if anything. I had listed my violations but she made me remove that page and put N/A on the blank one.

Just write down your license and state where issued in booklet where it tells you too. Like Dan05979 said a driver license isn't really needed for this postion. They just want you to list it if you have one.

From what the lady told me when handing in pre employment booklet last week she said they are more just concerned abut DUI's if anything. I had listed my violations but she made me remove that page and put N/A on the blank one.

Could u be disqualified from this job title if someone has a dui and a license isn't required for the position

hi guys...thks for your kind responses....

was wondering when the benefits kick in ?? ( medical and stuff) ... at my private sector job benefits start after 1 year of employment... :lol::lol::lol: ...funny huh???

And i 've seen a post here where someone was saying they goy paychecks of 110+ hours ??? is that true ? and they were talking of rookies too.... do you get a paycheck every week or every 2 weeks?

You get a paycheck every 2 weeks, as far as when the medical benefits kick in I am not sure if it's after 1 or 3 months.

Could u be disqualified from this job title if someone has a dui and a license isn't required for the position

I asked this question on another board and they reply was no. Either way, be honest and if the deny you, they deny you. Worrying about things will not make situations go away. Everyone in the world has had a past. Good, bad or indifferent. I have heard from an employee that they have hired people with criminal records. I'm sure if something happen 2 months ago will totally out weigh something 6 years ago. People and lives change with age and such. Just be honest as it has been posted numerous times. And then let the cards fall where they may.

Yes there is a chance if it is recent or you have multiple convictions. Your operating a motor vehicle under the influence. Won't look to good with the MTA trusting that person to operate thier trains. Also DUI falls under the criminal courts jurisdiction.

Yes there is a chance if it is recent or you have multiple convictions. Your operating a motor vehicle under the influence. Won't look to good with the MTA trusting that person to operate thier trains. Also DUI falls under the criminal courts jurisdiction.

Just because you went to criminal court doesn't mean you were convicted of a felony. That statement is irrelevant. I have personal knowledge of someone becoming a T/O with a felony that spent time in prison. Unless he lied to everyone for 5 years and now lies to his wife about where he is going everyday for the past 6 or 7 years now. And yes he was an Open Competitive as well. Things and people can change. Because it is a criminal court means squat.

Just because you went to criminal court doesn't mean you were convicted of a felony. That statement is irrelevant. I have personal knowledge of someone becoming a T/O with a felony that spent time in prison. Unless he lied to everyone for 5 years and now lies to his wife about where he is going everyday for the past 6 or 7 years now. And yes he was an Open Competitive as well. Things and people can change. Because it is a criminal court means squat.

Read carefully that's why I said recent or multiple convictions.. Take it easy man....Someone is offended lol!!....

Edited by elantra06

Read carefully that's why I said convictions.... Take it easy man....

No issue here. Some folks are worrying about things they can't control and if we don't have exact knowledge or facts we should just tell them not to worry. Wrong info is worse then no info. In all honesty we don't know who they will disqualify or for what reason. Well, one thing is for sure. If you fail the drug test you are gone. My Uncle, who just retired from the MTA and worked in the union office for many years told me don't even have a drink the night before the medical.

Edited by Gherigfan1