Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that seems like a major no no. Is there any way that could've been avoided? I assume so.

Yes it's called "reading your iron".....

One of my classmates split a switch today at 239yd. When you guys get out please take your time and read the rails. It will save your job!!

It has happened before with TOs with time.... Let's see how things work out for your classmate....

Wow that seems like a major no no. Is there any way that could've been avoided? I assume so.

Reading iron, stopping before the heel of the switch, getting the switch number that's against you, calling the yard dispatcher/tower, and saying you don't have the iron at switch ###.

Does anyone know when the list expires. Wrapping up some business personal, and physical new hip in April. Want to take care of everything before I resubmit. List # 9**. Thanks

Sept.19, 2016. You put your list # on hold this long?

Sept.19, 2016. You put your list # on hold this long?

You can put your list # on hold this long?

There are " houligans"the station that you have to be aware of. A houligans is the slang for an automatic signal in the station that might be on grade time that has to be approached at the right speed to clear. If you are going to fast then "CHOW" brakes in emergency because you hit the stop arm. T

A hooligan is a horizontal overhead signal that hangs from the ceiling as opposed to a typical vertical signal attached to a pole. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sent an email to Ms. Rivera @ 180 Livingston, this was her reply:

Good morning,

As of to date, the hiring department have forwarded their request to OMB to hire people. If and when they received approval and class dates have been scheduled – CERT list will be requested from DCAs and letters will be sent inviting the candidate to come in for pre-employment processing.

What is OMB?

Congrats. Posting.......I'm in YX now. But if advice.....take notes. It will help you later on down the road when you YX & when you're on your own.I use a pocket pad. Use the maps they give you. Ask questions & above everything else..... do what school car taught you. You will see short cuts & things that your posting instructor can get away with. Don't do them, don't speak of them, act like you never saw the short cut. I saw some things that made me go Holy crap, how do u get away with that. Good luck & be safe

Congrats. Posting.......I'm in YX now. But if advice.....take notes. It will help you later on down the road when you YX & when you're on your own.I use a pocket pad. Use the maps they give you. Ask questions & above everything else..... do what school car taught you. You will see short cuts & things that your posting instructor can get away with. Don't do them, don't speak of them, act like you never saw the short cut. I saw some things that made me go Holy crap, how do u get away with that. Good luck & be safe

Thanks WEM.  Looking forward to moving on to the next phase but I will miss my classmates.

Hi tprashad,

Well the good news is that your in the range of the last eligible cerified number as per DCAS which is 4618. That doesn't guarantee a call but it definitely increases chances. Most times an agency reaches all if not most of their eligible certified people while hiring for an exam. Again, I don't work for DCAS or MTA but I would be hopeful.

I just called DCAS automated line and my list number (340x) is on an outstanding certification for the since Sunday November 23, 2014. As of Sunday January 11, 2915, I'm currently on an outstanding certification for the first time in 7 weeks. Hopefully, the agency contacts me before my first drug test (urine sample) I provided expires within the 90 day period that'll conclude some time next week. In the event it does expire I was inform I would receive a letter in the mail again, like previously to take a drug test and then proceed with next steps when called again.