Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I didn't listen to this knuckle head, back in 2011.

Lmao!! I actually remember going through this thread during my waiting period and I remember that post!! And for all those patiently waiting. Word from a valuable source is that they are awaiting approval for the new budget. So in May, June, etc. they're going to ramp up the hiring. So just make sure you guys are well prepared. Good luck to all!! And CONGRATS ErikNYC!!

Glad I didn't listen to this knuckle head, back in 2011.

WORD!!! Most of the people on this forum are very helpful. But I did encounter some knuckheads & he or she whoever said that can be added on that list as well!!!

Just got back from the pre-employment. Everything went smooth. I arrived at 7AM, and was out of there by 10:30.

Warm friendly staff and facility. I was told by another employee, I will be able to give a month notice to my current employer, when the time comes.

Now I have to wait for the call... Anywhere from three to ninety days.

Even with having(I thought) all my ducks in a row, I still need more documentation from a few doctors. Should have everything within a week, well before class start date. Be careful what you tell them!

Hello Everybody,

I was contacted via telephone on Friday May 1st to come in May 6th to take my physical and complete my final processing. All went well on 6th and I'm now apart of the upcoming May 18th class. I wanted to take the time to thank everybody that has checked in on my status since October 2014 and all the current employees that answered any question I asked and anybody else that provided helpful feedback to the forum. I will definitely keep everybody posted on my progress and I can't wait to see more of y'all get the blessing I just received. Have a great day everyone!

Hello Everybody,

I was contacted via telephone on Friday May 1st to come in May 6th to take my physical and complete my final processing. All went well on 6th and I'm now apart of the upcoming May 18th class. I wanted to take the time to thank everybody that has checked in on my status since October 2014 and all the current employees that answered any question I asked and anybody else that provided helpful feedback to the forum. I will definitely keep everybody posted on my progress and I can't wait to see more of y'all get the blessing I just received. Have a great day everyone!

Congrats!!!

Welcome to the MTA mam!!!

Now, im waiting for that call... :)

Thanks ErikNYC. It'll come just stay patient and in good shape. You wanna make sure your blood pressure and sugar level are in good shape. Those are caution flags they look for. Have a great day.

Nice!!!!

Thanks ErikNYC. It'll come just stay patient and in good shape. You wanna make sure your blood pressure and sugar level are in good shape. Those are caution flags they look for. Have a great day.

Last question; Did they offer you more time to give ur job a two week notice?

Edited by ErikNYC

ErikNYC, the only thing they were concerned with respectfully was if I could begin on "their availability". I of course obliged. Hopefully that's not a dilemma for you. I hope I answered your question to the best of my ability.

I totally understand, and gotta do what I gotta do, to better myself.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Go make that money!

Listen to your instructors. My instructors beat all the information into our heads. But it was all worth it. When your in school car, you learn the school car way. Which in all aspects is the correct way. Once you do yx, then you're on the road on your own, totally different scenario. Real world conditions. Just study all material given to you, take notes when on road ops days, & take this serious. Train buff crap will get you nowhere. When taking tests,think before you answer & use all the time given. Above all else,always make sure to have ALL your equipment with you. Good luck to all & be safe.

Listen to your instructors. My instructors beat all the information into our heads. But it was all worth it. When your in school car, you learn the school car way. Which in all aspects is the correct way. Once you do yx, then you're on the road on your own, totally different scenario. Real world conditions. Just study all material given to you, take notes when on road ops days, & take this serious. Train buff crap will get you nowhere. When taking tests,think before you answer & use all the time given. Above all else,always make sure to have ALL your equipment with you. Good luck to all & be safe.

Thank you

@LoydMike, congratulations.

Does anyone know when the next class will be after May 18th?

Will they continue on a monthly basis in the middle of the month?

I'm trying to figure out when I might get called in for the drug test and eventually for school car.

Thanks,

Matt (list #37xx)

Congrats Loydmike! I will be going to YX in a week! Pay attention to every thing your instructor tells you and take lots of notes...before you know it you will be in YX...I heard there will be another three classes after the 18th...one per month for next three months! There is a mass exodus of retirees this year through March next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they call in another three classes for the fall.