Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wondering what question led toa sleep study

ive been sleeping with a Cpap machine for over 2 years now regading a sleep study my doctor had reffered me to take and found out i had sleep apnea..i hope this doesnt get me disqualified

Edited by tprashad0719

Hi Everyone. I'm a little new to the forum and I'm just trying to pick everyone's brain here. Does anyone know more or less where they are as far as the list number? I'm in the low 3700's and i'm just chomping at the bit to get in already lol. I appreciate everyone's time.

Thanks,

@tnice333, welcome to the forum.

You and I are in the exact same position - I'm also in the low 3700s, so we have the same score and are just a few numbers on the list apart.

I haven't yet received my notice for the drug test - I'm checking my mailbox everyday.

The official info from DCAS remains unchanged for months - last certified is #4618, last appointed is #3344 - that remains the same as of last Sunday, 5/10.

I'm expecting that the last appointed will change dramatically next Sunday, 5/17, since the next class begins next Monday, 5/18.

Does anyone know if the remaining school car classes scheduled for this year will also begin in the middle of the month?

@ Breakman... Wow, thanks for the info but that scares me because if the last number called was 3714, then i was passed. But hopefully something will be coming in the mail soon.

@ MTAhopefullMatt... Thanks, and yea i know what you mean. I've been checking the DCAS information at least once a week and nothing changes. Hopefully something will come out of this after Sunday

Does anyone know what to do if nothing comes in the mail and they go passed your number?

My brother is a conductor and I was asking him questions regarding the hiring..he told me there will be only 3 more classes left? Alot of the people who were supposed to retire got screwed over money wise so there not retiring..

#1:For of all conductors would not really know how many School classes are left for TO's.#2:This list expires Sept 19, 2016. So basically that is a yr & half of life left. You make out like 3 classes & that's it. If that is that case then you are toast as well dude.

#1:For of all conductors would not really know how many School classes are left for TO's.#2:This list expires Sept 19, 2016. So basically that is a yr & half of life left. You make out like 3 classes & that's it. If that is that case then you are toast as well dude.rom

Believe when I tell you that this list will be extended another year just like the conductor's list was extended as people are still retiring, getting promoted and yes terminated so there is a need for this list, so keep up the hope until the list is officially over. 

#1:For of all conductors would not really know how many School classes are left for TO's.#2:This list expires Sept 19, 2016. So basically that is a yr & half of life left. You make out like 3 classes & that's it. If that is that case then you are toast as well dude.

And neither would Train Operators....... My partners are so into the job that they do that they and we ( Conductors ) don't know about new classes until we see them posting or doing practicals. What we do hear are from the TSS's that were our instructors . Don't put a lot of stock in what you hear in the crew rooms, Transit does what it wants just prepare your self for the eventual call or letter. It may all end tomorrow or classes could go past the end date of the list. Just be ready. Your best source of info would be 180 Livingston. Call the person ( Ms. Rivera ) that is the employment liaison. And don't call her everyday! 2x per month is enough.

Edited by Postal 1

I'm new to the job. Just got onto the road. I've learned really fast not to listen to crew room gossip & politics. I've also learned that the TSS's word isn't always good. They know just about as much as anyone else. Keep waiting guys/gals....The calls will come soon enough. Patience sucks,but the wait will pay off in the end. Good luck ppl.

I'm new to the job. Just got onto the road. I've learned really fast not to listen to crew room gossip & politics. I've also learned that the TSS's word isn't always good. They know just about as much as anyone else. Keep waiting guys/gals....The calls will come soon enough. Patience sucks,but the wait will pay off in the end. Good luck ppl.

Rule Book and Bulletins.. You know them you'll never go wrong.. Going by Someone's *Word* down here can get you in trouble....