Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

I'm officially in! I was sworn in today, and start on the 27th.

For those of you who went in for the pre-interview, and are waiting on the call, you will get one, don't worry. You ust have to wait out the 2-90 days like the rest of us. 

There were people there today, who were there for the TO pre-interview as well. The call is coming!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. It's a beautiful thing to be sworn in. I remember that feeling. A few days ago, I turned down TO position since I took the same exam before I became employed as a Track Worker. Unfortunately, because it was Open Competitive and not Promotional that if I decided that I wanted to return to Track then it would be at Superintendent and Assistant Chief Track Officer discretion. I didn't want to take that risk so I'll just take the Promotional Exam when it comes out at end of the year.

I just got a call. I report on Tuesday AM...Yippie !!

Congratulations JK!!! Welcome to NYC Transit. You're apart of the family now.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats guys! It's a great feeling.

KNYNE, Thank you. I'm so glad to be aboard, and a change in my career. I been working in healthcare for 18 years, and it feels good to say I did my time, and it's over with now. Change is good!

congrats, JK. Roughly where in the list are you?

36xx

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. It's a beautiful thing to be sworn in. I remember that feeling. A few days ago, I turned down TO position since I took the same exam before I became employed as a Track Worker. Unfortunately, because it was Open Competitive and not Promotional that if I decided that I wanted to return to Track then it would be at Superintendent and Assistant Chief Track Officer discretion. I didn't want to take that risk so I'll just take the Promotional Exam when it comes out at end of the year.

Congratulations JK!!! Welcome to NYC Transit. You're apart of the family now.

Thanks so much...Hopefully all goes well Tuesday !!

Congrats guys! It's a great feeling.

KNYNE, Thank you. I'm so glad to be aboard, and a change in my career. I been working in healthcare for 18 years, and it feels good to say I did my time, and it's over with now. Change is good!

Trust me you'll be able breathe a sigh of relief. Not to mention, good $$$$ in your pocket.

Thanks, I received the same letter. What I meant is how much OT do TOs typically earn once they're operating trains in passenger service.

I would say it can be a lot. I wouldn't talk too much about OT, then next thing Channel Seven News is on to it. lol

I hear you. I won't ask any more on that topic. You never know who's reading this or who will be offended. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just focus on getting into school car and making it through probation for now.

Matt, is there a way to send your email to me without the world knowing?

Thanks SO much.. I can't wait..

How did it go?

you guys think they will finish up to 4618?

Most likely, because the list expires on September. 19, 2016. That means there is 1 year & 2 months life left too it. But don't count on it either. What is your list # range?

I'm officially in! I was sworn in today, and start on the 27th.

For those of you who went in for the pre-interview, and are waiting on the call, you will get one, don't worry. You ust have to wait out the 2-90 days like the rest of us. 

There were people there today, who were there for the TO pre-interview as well. The call is coming!

Congrats. I would suggest reading the Schoolcar Experience and Schoolcar Survival Guide threads to get an idea of what you're in for.

Thanks, I received the same letter. What I meant is how much OT do TOs typically earn once they're operating trains in passenger service.

Get through Schoolcar first, grasshopper, then probation, then worry about OT.