Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the length of training is depended on what division you will be working on 9 months for division b and i believe 6 months for division A. You can lose your job is you do a mistake while operating a train that would put others in harms way. You need to take it easy out there and not rush into anything. Always ask questions if you are not sure. There are plenty of people that can explain things to you, all you need to do is ask. Always refer to school car methods and you can never be in the wrong. I will be finishing YX in a few weeks then I will be road posting. I started to study for my signals exam and YX exam. 

My medical was Friday July 31st.  Passed every test, then met the MTA doctor.  After a list of questions, I was put on a medical hold.

I went running around from doctor to doctor and got every document the MTA doctor wanted and was back at 180 Livingston at 7:15am on August the 3rd..  After waiting 5 hours, she then tells me that because my Worker's Comp cases are still open, that the MTA wouldn't want me until they had documentation that they were closed.

Really messed up my day.  Am still truly disappointed.  Was truly looking forward to joining the MTA and being a train operator.

Does anyone know if this is true as far as the Comp cases, or if there is an appeal process?

Yes, CO, you could get a referral from the bar association in the county you live in for an experienced workers comp atty who has prior dealings with NYC Transit. It would be worth an in-person evaluation even if you had to pay for it. Just keep in mind that the MTA has a lot of discretion in picking applicants and even in terminating people during their first year of employment. You only have really strong rights once you get tenure.

Hi there, does anybody know which list number was the last to get hired?

I'm 4624, and I'm truly amazed on how quick they're going through that list. Just last year around November they were up to 2800's. My friend got hired on May and he is 3485 (I believe ) and 3 months later there already in the high 3800's.? So they went through 400 names in 3 months. I really hope they reach me. List expires September 2016.

Your first paycheck will be Thursday September 10th and every two weeks after.

The pay cycle begins Sunday August 23rd and ends Saturday September 5th. As for direct deposit you can gather the info on how to set that up sometime during your orientation. You can sort of map out your respective pay cycles/dates moving forward from that tidbit. Good luck and congratulations!

That's a good aggression question about the payroll I was wondering the same thing also with the shirts your suppose to be wearing short sleeve or long sleeve it does it matter?

If they told you gray. It doesn't matter. Short or long