Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Some good news to the guys still waiting they just said the 4 year time limit on a list doesn't start when you take the test it starts when the list it's established when they start taking from it

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tprashad, the head of Exam Unit said he's hoping to convince DCAS to extend the list another year because there was very little hiring in the first years after the list was established. The idea is to give those with good scores who haven't yet been contacted a chance since they would have been called if hiring had proceeded as usual.

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. i saw many of your posts. I'm hopeful of getting a call in the next few months as well. My number is 45XX. Anyone has updates on how the numbers are moving?

Thanks all and GL to everyone. It's a great job from what i hear! 

Thanks man ,waiting 5 years for this haha..anything to look out for Sept 2? I had a dui in august 2010 and I had got called in for bus operator last year but they didn't hire me because it was within my 4th years and I was supposed to reinstate my name this year but now that I received this letter I'll definitely walk with my court disposition. .only stupid mistake I made in my whole 38 years

thanks guys, i have my glasses which i dont even wear at all but i will definetly take it with me for the vision test, is there anything else i should look out for..? when do you guys think the next class begins and for those who are in training how are you guys doing?

running on rails thanks bro and you will get that letter soon because i honestly had given up on this 8098 exam list but its moving quick ! and if i was you i would call Mrs rivera just to check on and be on top of things incase your list number came up and you never received anything

347 643 8523 Mrs Rivera

You're welcome tprashad0719. As far as I know, they are hiring 40 Train Operators each month for the rest of the calender year. A division consist of working the Number trains (1-7). B division consist of working the letter trains. (A-Z). However sometimes they might have a certain need on either division and you have no option than to accept wherever they assign you. Most of the time they ask you what division you prefer to work at. Or sometimes they might say that they need 20 Train Operators for the A division and 20 Train Operators for the B division. You will be called upfront to decide based on seniority on the list number you're assigned to. If you live near the F line or the R line or any letter train, you'll be best working the B division. If you live uptown or in the Bronx, you're better of working the A division beign that most jobs on the number trains start at the uptown section of Manhattan and The Bronx.

You're welcome tprashad0719. As far as I know, they are hiring 40 Train Operators each month for the rest of the calender year. A division consist of working the Number trains (1-7). B division consist of working the letter trains. (A-Z). However sometimes they might have a certain need on either division and you have no option than to accept wherever they assign you. Most of the time they ask you what division you prefer to work at. Or sometimes they might say that they need 20 Train Operators for the A division and 20 Train Operators for the B division. You will be called upfront to decide based on seniority on the list number you're assigned to. If you live near the F line or the R line or any letter train, you'll be best working the B division. If you live uptown or in the Bronx, you're better of working the A division beign that most jobs on the number trains start at the uptown section of Manhattan and The Bronx.

thank you very much bro,  i will keep you guys posted and any information i have to share i will post them as well

thanks guys, i have my glasses which i dont even wear at all but i will definetly take it with me for the vision test, is there anything else i should look out for..? when do you guys think the next class begins and for those who are in training how are you guys doing?

running on rails thanks bro and you will get that letter soon because i honestly had given up on this 8098 exam list but its moving quick ! and if i was you i would call Mrs rivera just to check on and be on top of things incase your list number came up and you never received anything

347 643 8523 Mrs Rivera

i called the number and she said it is the wrong Mrs. Rivera, that there is another Mrs. Rivera there who deals with it. i was transferred but couldn't leave a message. is there another number you my know?

Thanks

Sometimes you won't get calls back or be able to leave a message ("mailbox full"). If that's the case you should and there's some specific action you need taken or info to move the process forward then you should just take a day off and go to 180 Livingston early one morning. Sometimes nothing will work but old fashioned face to face communication.