Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

i wanted to know if everyone on the list that passed teh exam got this letter or just people with low list #'s ....?????? My # is 480 something, not sure of the exact......i will feel a little better if only those below 1000 or 500 got one.........why would the city bother sending a letter out if they werent even close to hiring process (maybe within a year??). Any input on the higher that 500, 750 or 1000 list # and whether or not you got this letter would be appreciated......see all you guys at the train operator picnic one day!!! Good luck everyone !!!

Yeah dude. Got mine as well. List #1140 with a score of 95. Hope there are plenty of people turning it down so I can have a shot. Good day to all!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know someone who scored in the 80's and is working as a motorman. I understand your opinion however.

The person you know that scored in the 80's got hired a long time ago I'm sure .

Nowadays if you don't get a list # in the top 2000 or so forget about being hired

For train operator .

I feel bad for those with list numbers above 2,000. I made sure I was sure of every answer before I left the test site, and I still didn't think I was gonna do that well. Yet only one wrong and a list # in the 150s. Advice for future exam takers, don't worry about finishing the test quickly, even if you have to stay the full 3 hours, be certain of every answer you give before you walk out of there!

I feel bad for those with list numbers above 2,000. I made sure I was sure of every answer before I left the test site, and I still didn't think I was gonna do that well. Yet only one wrong and a list # in the 150s. Advice for future exam takers, don't worry about finishing the test quickly, even if you have to stay the full 3 hours, be certain of every answer you give before you walk out of there!

Good advice. Check and recheck every answer until you are positive you picked the right one .

I would think the list might close if you are in 2000. It's been 2 years and they are up to 600 on the competitive? Maybe there's 200 to go. So maybe the first 300 on the competitive will be called within a year.

I read in an article from about a decade ago that transit HIRES 300 train operators a year just to cover retirements. They'll CALL a lot more than that I would guess

I would think the list might close if you are in 2000. It's been 2 years and they are up to 600 on the competitive? Maybe there's 200 to go. So maybe the first 300 on the competitive will be called within a year.
I believe that the Promo List was established last Oct so its been only a little more than a yr and they are almost done with it. No1 can say who will and wont get hired even if your list number is 3k it all depends on the MTA needs. With DCAS sending out letters to qualified canidates does it mean they are ready to transition over to the OC list?? What do you guys think

I believe that the Promo List was established last Oct so its been only a little more than a yr and they are almost done with it. No1 can say who will and wont get hired even if your list number is 3k it all depends on the MTA needs. With DCAS sending out letters to qualified canidates does it mean they are ready to transition over to the OC list?? What do you guys think

It does not mean anything about hiring rates or prospects. All it means is that someone from DCAS reviewed your application packet, and assuming you told the truth, you meet the experience and education requirements to be called, and possibly appointed to work for Transit.

Transit still has to exhaust the promotionals.

You still have to take a drug test, and pass.

You still have to take a medical, and pass.

You still have to make all your appointments with TA and do all your paperwork.

You can still be terminated during probation if something comes up on you later, such as if you made up all your work experience.

Transit still has to exhaust the promotionals.

Until that happens they arent touching the O/C List..

I said it before people arent turning this down and people arent Flunking out of Schoolcar.

A year or two wait sounds about right, now of course lets see what the next contract brings,which will be most likey nothing lol....

Very true. Thanks for the advice.:tup: