Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds good Matt, appreciate it...how is school car guys?

can someone explain A vs B division...i live in queens by the last stop of the F and R which is 179 st...which would be a good division for a guy like me..i know im thinking ahead of myself just curious

Wow, I guess you drive and don't take the subway at all because according to Wikipedia, the R train hasn't gone to 179th since 1992 LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_(New_York_City_Subway_service)

FYI, i spoke with Mrs. Rivera this morning, nice lady. She said that after Oct it will be very close for the remainder of the list as they are not sure if they will have continuous classes monthly. here number is 347 643 8128, if anyone needs to call for updates.

@Tprashad, I'm in B Division which is the lettered lines, mostly. A Division is numbered lines and the 42nd St Shuttle. B division primarily has work locations (yards and terminals) in Queens and Brooklyn, closer to your location near Jamaica. Note, however, that a lot of work locations are in south Brooklyn which takes a long time to get to (especially by public transport) from central or eastern Queens. Most A Division job sites are in the Bronx.

@Tprashad, I'm in B Division which is the lettered lines, mostly. A Division is numbered lines and the 42nd St Shuttle. B division primarily has work locations (yards and terminals) in Queens and Brooklyn, closer to your location near Jamaica. Note, however, that a lot of work locations are in south Brooklyn which takes a long time to get to (especially by public transport) from central or eastern Queens. Most A Division job sites are in the Bronx.

thanks Matt, youve been very helpful..how is school car going?

wow sorry to hear that, i take it your traveling from Long island to ?

it should pay off , i am so comfortable at my current job ..i have regular hours and weekends off..this is a totally different ball game lol

where are you traveling to?

Edited by tprashad0719

Lots of people drive to school car or the Coney Island yard, but parking can be difficult. Also, Transit doesn't want you to commute between work assignments in your private car. And if you're late because of traffic or parking problems it's no excuse. I live near the LIRR and walk there, then subway to work assignment.

@dainty2200, makes sense i just saw that on the website as well. Hopefully its not that they just dont ant to hire anymore because Mrs. Rivera told me after Oct they were not sure if there would be consecutive classes. But agreed hopefully thats a good sign. My number is 457X and i have ways to go i can only hope!

BTW it looks like the promotion exam to T/O is back up . anyone think they will complete the current 8098 list before going to the promotional exam list?

They will not hire the entire list. They never do for open competitive TO or CR exams.

Expect the current list to come to an end sometime roughly a year (or slightly more) after the date the new TO exam is given.

Edited by SubwayGuy