Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It used to be 4618 was the last eligible list number now when you call DCAS automated system it was raised to 4691. Hopefully thats a sign at least they will get towards those numbers. i believe they are somewhere around 4100's. 45XX seems far away for me at this point!!!  

Hey Mikeems1, I'm pretty sure they're gonna reach our name in a few weeks. Maybe by the end of the year. That list goes very quick. My friend got hired in May and his list number was 3483 and that was just in May. 3 months go by and they're up to the 4100's, that's 700 names they went thru in 3 months. That's just to show you that we have a chance, don't loose hopes. By the time they start hiring from the Promocional exam we will hopefully be in School Car for Train Operator. Let's keep out fingers crossed.

@runningonrails, i agree with you. All we can do is positive thinking and good hopes. It's all up to how many classes will be put in past Oct.

In meantime, best we can do is keep checking DCAS automated system and following up with Mrs. Rivera at times.

Definitely mikeems1, I think we're gonna be alright. We're gonna make it, trust me. The Promotional Exam for Train Operator is January 9th 2016. And by the time they grade those test and establish the list, it ain't gonna be till around maybe next spring or summer. And our list expires until September 2016.

Hey what's up @tprashad0719 glad to hear you got your foot in they normally call you back between 30-90 days the classes have been close to 30 days apart they have 1 for the end of Sept & Oct don't slack on all that paperwork cause you don't wanna be pressed to fill them out when you get notice......good luck

As for the other people waiting the TSS told us there short people cause of people retiring, leaving & getting promoted they also had hiring freeze for a year & half before which made then short that's why there hiring so much so there's still allot of hope for many

Edited by MrCka

Hey guys,took the urine test on 9/2 and have to fill out this 21 pages of history etc...how long do they usually get back to you for medical? Anyone knows when is the next class?

I got called in about 2 weeks. Called on a Friday afternoon, Had to report on the following Tuesday. 

thanks man, so basically during training you can be 7am to 3pm or 3 pm to 11 pm? thank god for the weekend off during training to catch up on studying etc

@tprashad0719, you were hired? and if so best of luck!!!

lol not yet bro, i took a urine test on 9/2 and waiting on that call back

i hope you guys get that letter soon, be nice to meet you guys due to us being in the dam 4xxx range and waited patiently

lol, at least your one step closer!! 

thanks man, so basically during training you can be 7am to 3pm or 3 pm to 11 pm? thank god for the weekend off during training to catch up on studying etc

lol not yet bro, i took a urine test on 9/2 and waiting on that call back

i hope you guys get that letter soon, be nice to meet you guys due to us being in the dam 4xxx range and waited patiently

Deff ! kinda sux to have so many unanswered questions. After the cancellation of the next train operator exam and not knowing how many names they will get to with the cut off at 4961.