Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Working in the yards, thats a different story. You WILL work the yards when in the YX program. As well as station switching( relaying the train). When you are on your own, you might work the yards from time to time to cover the job. But from what I've seen, Yard jobs are primarily senior guys. When you get to pick a job, you can try and bid on it, but dont count on it. Try to bid low. I have my 1st pick coming up soon. From what I'm told, I am limited to what I can pick based on my seniority #. Which in this case, I'm probably only picking my shift,days off and pay location. If there are an abundant amount of open jobs, sure I might bid on them, but I wont hold my breath hoping I'm going to get it. In time I will be able to truly pick a job. One that I want, with the days off I want.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was sad yesterday when i let my job know whats going on, if the pay was good i would of stayed and consider..but being in the health field and union worker the pay sucks for my position..i cant even afford a morgage with my pay..i want my daughter to have her own house and i will take this opportunity to do it for her..i will just give this 100% and see where it takes me

@mikeems my list number is 4402

but I'm thinking I will have a hard time getting in. I'm diabetic and I don't know how the MTA handles that. So who knows

As long as you are being treated for it you should be fine. I made it through with high blood pressure and sleep apnea. I got all my documentation from my doctors and printed proof that I use my cpap nightly and it was good