Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

I asked a simple question before and I will ask it again. The potential candidates that went down for pre-screening. WHEN WERE THEIR FINGERPRINTS TAKEN??? "RTOMan" said his was. But I never got a direct answer. Were they taken the first visit down @180 Livingston?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a good question! I honestly cant answer each TSS runs their classes different.. im sure you will get plenty of cab time though!

I drove a R17 before but only for a few mins the braking was def different but felt like only after a few times I was getting used to it almost like driving a clutch for the 1st time..but as far as operating a train I would think learning to brake properly will take time..other post TOs say the NTT are nice to drive but I really like the older SMEE w the two handle I wish they still had the redbirds

I asked a simple question before and I will ask it again. The potential candidates that went down for pre-screening. WHEN WERE THEIR FINGERPRINTS TAKEN??? "RTOMan" said his was. But I never got a direct answer. Were they taken the first visit down @180 Livingston?

They take your fingerprints on the 2nd visit(medical/final processing)

I think the B Div would be cool w all the diff trains and the 32 is a awesome train..I hear good things about the R40 slant too =p

Too bad they are Gone those slants, those was good trains. The B Div is a good one to start in lots of lines, lines ups and equipment to get a chance to work..

Yes with the B Div sounds like u get alot of variety keep things interesting..on that note haha as a TO esp a newbie with all the routes is there a way you know what stations to stop at?? That might be a stupid question I guess if u r on a express track you won't be able to stop at a station haha

Yes with the B Div sounds like u get alot of variety keep things interesting..on that note haha as a TO esp a newbie with all the routes is there a way you know what stations to stop at?? That might be a stupid question I guess if u r on a express track you won't be able to stop at a station haha

Yes they have route cards and everything all you should get in Schoolcar...

Oh for the express train stop bbbwwwhhhaaaaa!!!

Edited by RTOMan

For those of you that got the call to go back the 2nd time for medical processing. What was the time from the 1st visit (handing in paper work) to the 2nd visit (medical processing)? I'm assuming everything went well with the first visit.

Thanks.

For me it was about a week. If you don't pass the drug test, they won't even call you, they throw your application in the shredder.

That's not true....by law they have to call you to discuss the results to you, false positives on a drug test are more common than you think. Its your legal right to know the results of your test.

Hey guys. Thanks to all who took time to answer questions and provide all the information here. And congrats to all who've been called in. I've been lurking on the forums for the past 3 years since I took the test and just registered. I'm listed in the low 300's and received the letter as well to come in this week. It's very unfortunate, but with plans I have upcoming for the summer of 2013, I won't be able to take the position at the moment. If I were to receive this letter this time next year, I would take it in a heartbeat. I currently have a stable job, so I can't complain. BUT, I still want to be a TO. So onto my question(s).

What is the difference between declining via mail and declining at pre-employment interview? Will I stilI listed if I decline by letter? Which is better? What are the chances of being called back if I decline now?

Thanks in advance.

The letter I got in the mail says to report the past 10 years work experience. Does that mean they only check the past 10 years?

Also, it says "Were you ever dismissed, removed or disqualified from a position, including public employment?"

Does that include being layoffs from different jobs?

Hey guys. Thanks to all who took time to answer questions and provide all the information here. And congrats to all who've been called in. I've been lurking on the forums for the past 3 years since I took the test and just registered. I'm listed in the low 300's and received the letter as well to come in this week. It's very unfortunate, but with plans I have upcoming for the summer of 2013, I won't be able to take the position at the moment. If I were to receive this letter this time next year, I would take it in a heartbeat. I currently have a stable job, so I can't complain. BUT, I still want to be a TO. So onto my question(s).

What is the difference between declining via mail and declining at pre-employment interview? Will I stilI listed if I decline by letter? Which is better? What are the chances of being called back if I decline now?

Thanks in advance.

It's the same I believe not to sure. If you change your mind next year you would have to contact DCAS to reinstate your name back onto the list. You have until the list expires to do so.

Edited by elantra06

The letter I got in the mail says to report the past 10 years work experience. Does that mean they only check the past 10 years?

Also, it says "Were you ever dismissed, removed or disqualified from a position, including public employment?"

Does that include being layoffs from different jobs?

was this the packet they sent to u b4 ur first appointment to 180 Livingston for ur wiz test?? I thought someone said they want employment from High School??

was this the packet they sent to u b4 ur first appointment to 180 Livingston for ur wiz test?? I thought someone said they want employment from High School??

Easy way to sum it up. When you get the letter/pre employment application then go to 180 and recieve the 21 page booklet follow the instructions and list what they tell you too. In the mean time if you havn't recieved the letter yet start gathering all your info (work history, arrests, convictions, driving history, past drug test results, civil services jobs applied too, etc) from your entire life and you won't have to worry about missing anything. From their all you have to do is follow the instructions in the booklet and you're good to go :).

Edited by elantra06