Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who took the signal exams yet? anyone remembers what signal questions they encountered? Call on? Red circle K ?

what have you guys been doing in the beginning part of school car?

I highly recommend you two check out the school car thread. A lot of information is there.

No one is going to openly tell you wants on the test.

Hi all, can someone please clarify how we need to be dressed for the first 2 days of MTA orientation and the 3rd day of union day. Also when reporting to school i purchased Dickies navy blue pants as well as navy blue button down "mechanic" style long sleeve shirts. Will this be acceptable until uniforms are issued?

Thanks for the feed back!

Hi all, can someone please clarify how we need to be dressed for the first 2 days of MTA orientation and the 3rd day of union day. Also when reporting to school i purchased Dickies navy blue pants as well as navy blue button down "mechanic" style long sleeve shirts. Will this be acceptable until uniforms are issued?

Thanks for the feed back!

Perfect! You won't have any issues, and will be ready to get down and dirty.

Anyone who took the signal exams yet? anyone remembers what signal questions they encountered? Call on? Red circle K ?

It won't matter every test is different you are better off studying on your own or with classmates. Don't want to see you go by something on

Online and you get tripped up.

$60 is too much for a bag. After you finish the two months of school car you probably will not be using the bag any longer. I bought the $30 Husky bag from Home Depot, it did it's job for those two months.

If anyone is local to the Bronx, they can have my Husky bag for $20, still looks like new. It will get you through school car, and not too bulky. Don't go out there "looking like you carrying a casket". lol

Good luck to everyone!

How long is training? Do you get full pay for training? What size bag did you get @ErikNYC ?

Varies depending on A or B Division. Full training is (now) I believe 9 months for the B and 7 months for the A. You get starting yard rate during training. Upon completion of training, you progress to starting road rate. Upon completion of 231 "road" days (aka operating trains in passenger service), you progress to full road rate.

As for bags, there is no one size fits all answer. Find one that is durable and works for you, and go with it. You will need to carry - tools, escape mask, safety vest, flashlight, rule book, radio, PPE (gloves/glasses)...with you at minimum. So make sure you can fit all of those things plus anything else you may want with you (water bottle, duct tape, space for snacks, spray deodorant for foul smelling cabs, etc.) in whatever bag you go with. Best piece of advice is go to the store where you're looking at bags, and take a good look at a few to pick the one you want.

Edited by SubwayGuy

Varies depending on A or B Division. Full training is (now) I believe 9 months for the B and 7 months for the A. You get starting yard rate during training. Upon completion of training, you progress to starting road rate. Upon completion of 231 "road" days (aka operating trains in passenger service), you progress to full road rate.

As for bags, there is no one size fits all answer. Find one that is durable and works for you, and go with it. You will need to carry - tools, escape mask, safety vest, flashlight, rule book, radio, PPE (gloves/glasses)...with you at minimum. So make sure you can fit all of those things plus anything else you may want with you (water bottle, duct tape, space for snacks, spray deodorant for foul smelling cabs, etc.) in whatever bag you go with. Best piece of advice is go to the store where you're looking at bags, and take a good look at a few to pick the one you want.

Thank You