Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Look at it this way if you are put on Medical Hold during your screening they are going to want to know why that means your doctor has to give them a reason why they shouldn't. Now that being said if you got pressure problems Sugar problems or heart problems you think your doctor is going to Lie to them and say you dont? When his /her tests may show the same thing?

Hello RTOMan

I was looking through this for him and came across this old post.... I am currently waiting for the call for medical and I went to my doctor and got a letter from him indicating asthma is stable and my carpal tunnel is resolved by surgery. Do you think that is enough or should the doctor be more specific in the letter like last asthma attack which was many years ago and or when was the surgery which was six years ago or is what I have sufficient? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to be honest and do the right to avoid getting put on medical hold.

Hello RTOMan

I was looking through this for him and came across this old post.... I am currently waiting for the call for medical and I went to my doctor and got a letter from him indicating asthma is stable and my carpal tunnel is resolved by surgery. Do you think that is enough or should the doctor be more specific in the letter like last asthma attack which was many years ago and or when was the surgery which was six years ago or is what I have sufficient? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to be honest and do the right to avoid getting put on medical hold.

If nothing comes up on their tests then its under control, i do not think they test for asthma or carpel Tunnel.. 

Has anyone else who has been through the process been tested for this can chime in?

If nothing comes up on their tests then its under control, i do not think they test for asthma or carpel Tunnel.. 

Has anyone else who has been through the process been tested for this can chime in?

Thank you RTOMan. I'm in excellent health overall...no blood pressure issues, no diabetes, no heart problems etc....But maybe you or someone on here can advise ....I had surgery for carpel tunnel about six years ago and I plan to disclose it but I want to do everything possible to ensure I don't get disqualified or put medical hold and get delayed. I already have a note from my doctor indicating the issue was resolved via surgery but there aren't any details. Do you or anyone on here know if that would be enough ? If not what should the letter be stating exactly, how detailed does it have to be? Should I get a letter also from the surgeon that did the surgery as well? and what type of information should be stated on the letter and/or any other details the dr at MTA might want? Just trying to get it right the first time. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! 

No one can answer all these question than MTA yes it is good you have these information before hand. But for medical you will have to answer a questionnaire about your health. It will ask if you have been hospitalized and when u answer yes the doctors will ask who what where why when. They will even look at the area you had surgery.

No one can answer all these question than MTA yes it is good you have these information before hand. But for medical you will have to answer a questionnaire about your health. It will ask if you have been hospitalized and when u answer yes the doctors will ask who what where why when. They will even look at the area you had surgery.

Thank you, wasn't hospitalized for the procedure. Am thinking one of the questions will be if I ever had any surgery. 

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well. Havent been on much as schedule has been hectic. Im up to Yard posting before i go YX. Anyone waiting to make the move into school car. STUDY STUDY when your in. Focus on your equipment, signals, etc... When you go YX keep up with signals as we get another signal test before road ops. GL all schoolcar can get very frustrating and tiring. Just pull through and take everyday as a learned experience!

Evening all,

Love the thread as it has been most insightful and informative. I have been considering applying for the upcoming T/O open competitive exam and was wondering which study guide I can purchase to prepare. I have tried to look for a thread relating to this exam unsuccessfully. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Evening all,

Love the thread as it has been most insightful and informative. I have been considering applying for the upcoming T/O open competitive exam and was wondering which study guide I can purchase to prepare. I have tried to look for a thread relating to this exam

Dont bother, the study guides have nothing to do with actually what going to be on the test! I spent $35 for a study guide,and it was worthless!

unsuccessfully. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Evening all,

Love the thread as it has been most insightful and informative. I have been considering applying for the upcoming T/O open competitive exam and was wondering which study guide I can purchase to prepare. I have tried to look for a thread relating to this exam unsuccessfully. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Evening all,

Thanks!

Evening all,

Love the thread as it has been most insightful and informative. I have been considering applying for the upcoming T/O open competitive exam and was wondering which study guide I can purchase to prepare. I have tried to look for a thread relating to this exam

"Don't bother, the study guides have nothing to do with actually what going to be on the test! I spent $35 for a study guide,and it was worthless!"

unsuccessfully. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up Brakeman. So there is no prep guide for this test? Is it just basic knowledge and common sense?

5 years of full time work experience or you can supplement your work experience wit college credits. 30 credits is equivalent to 1 year of full time work experience.

...up to a maximum of 4 years (120 credits).

regardless of how educated you are you'll still need 1 yr work experience