Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, and I just thought I'd share this info. I called the exams department on Friday and they said they are currently up to list number 6,672. Would anyone happen to know how many classes they intend to hire before the list closes? Sorry if this was already covered.

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, and I just thought I'd share this info. I called the exams department on Friday and they said they are currently up to list number 6,672. Would anyone happen to know how many classes they intend to hire before the list closes? Sorry if this was already covered.

I hate to tell you, but no one here would know that answer. They have classes as they chose,  usually on a monthly to bi-monthly bases. They can have a hiring freeze at anytime etc. Just have to be patient, and wait for the letter to arrive in the mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I havent viewed or posted here in years but decided to check in. I scored an 87.5 on the exam and was given a list number of 48xx. never received a letter or call, and it looks like they are now way past my number. Is there an contact number or a department i can email to inquire about my eligibility? Thanks in advance for any direction. 

I am sorry to hear that. If I was you, I will demand something in writing explaining; why??? They have to give you a reason. Upon, stating their reason or reasons; I will take it from there. Good luck to you. Try & work on this ASAP. Ask to speak to a supervisor & write down the dates, names, & times you spoke to so & so. Good luck..

Turns out that, according to the automated DCAS system, i was found to be disqualified. Not sure why. Ive been working for 10yrs steady and have no record or any points on my license. 

go down to dcas on 1 centre st find  out why and appeal  , the automated system told me the same thing come to find out it was because i didnt list my employment back when i applied now waiting to be put back on the list

I would like to thank everyone on this forum who has helped me make it through school car, and beyond. As of a couple days ago, I am officially off of probation. It has been a tough ride, but WELL worth it.

I especially would like to thank mediccjh, for starting the school car thread. I resorted back to his thread many times, to get a better understanding of where I'm headed, as I progressed through school car. I read ever post on that thread.

I now understand why school car is so damn tough! It's to prepare you for the road... 

Thanks!!!! :)

PS: About to get dress.. My induction group is celebrating in Manhattan tonight. :rock:

Turns out that, according to the automated DCAS system, i was found to be disqualified. Not sure why. Ive been working for 10yrs steady and have no record or any points on my license. 

Whoa, Whoa! What?  Please sir, would you update the rest of us on some of the specifics as to why you were DQ'd?  If you've since found out why and, it's something which you prefer not to say I can understand and will assume it's an isolated incident specific to your situation.  Sorry this has happened to you or anybody because I'm anticipating a possible letter/call as well. thanks in adv.

First time posting , Loong time viewing ....  I took the T/O exam (8098) and I have viewed this thread from when it first started believing I had NO CHANCE to be called  (List # 7*** )  and I appreciate every single member who has shared their experience and knowledge... I just called DCAS and I am now on an Outstanding Certification , something I thought was impossible lol.... I look forward to the medical and fear but look forward to the challenge of school car...  My Brother in law was called earlier than I ( 9 month ago I believe) and he told me that I would probably get called which I didnt believe, Any way back to what my point .... Thank you everyone on this thread and I hopefully I can start a new career as  train operator soon (God Willing) I have been working as an A/V Technician for almost 11 years.... I ready for a new start ..... 

Whoa, Whoa! What?  Please sir, would you update the rest of us on some of the specifics as to why you were DQ'd?  If you've since found out why and, it's something which you prefer not to say I can understand and will assume it's an isolated incident specific to your situation.  Sorry this has happened to you or anybody because I'm anticipating a possible letter/call as well. thanks in adv.

Hi. Sorry for the delay in response. I dont know why i was DQ'd. As mentioned, i have a squeaky clean record (not even a speeding ticket in all my yrs of driving) and no explaination was given over the automated system. The only thing i can think of would be a discrepancy about my yrs of employement. In any case i got my pre-employment letter for test 8094 (Conductor) so im not stressing it at the moment. Sorry i couldnt provide more info.

Hi. Sorry for the delay in response. I dont know why i was DQ'd. As mentioned, i have a squeaky clean record (not even a speeding ticket in all my yrs of driving) and no explaination was given over the automated system. The only thing i can think of would be a discrepancy about my yrs of employement. In any case i got my pre-employment letter for test 8094 (Conductor) so im not stressing it at the moment. Sorry i couldnt provide more info.

No problem, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm wondering if they DQ'd your application because you went through the conductor application process first. I recently declined the invitation to fill out paperwork for conductor because according to the DCAS auto message, I'm not too far away so, I'll take my chances.  Anyhow, good luck to you on the Conductor position, in the long run it's still a good job and you can always be promoted. cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

After 4 months of waiting since my first visit (I did another drug test and more paperwork 2 weeks ago since they told me the drug test is no good after 3 months) I am officially in and starting Monday. My friend who took the test with me got his first letter to go in next week and his number is 83**. My number is 69**.

This is the most surreal feeling I've had in a minute. Hoping for A division!! LOL!

After 4 months of waiting since my first visit (I did another drug test and more paperwork 2 weeks ago since they told me the drug test is no good after 3 months) I am officially in and starting Monday. My friend who took the test with me got his first letter to go in next week and his number is 83**. My number is 69**.

This is the most surreal feeling I've had in a minute. Hoping for A division!! LOL!

Congratulations