Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Congratulations

Thanks!

Congrats L Bo. I'm one of the few train operators that post on here who is still going through schoolcar so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

The only concern I have is if I'll be able to pick my division. I'm really hoping for A.

I've followed your posts and you're another one of the people that really seemed to enjoy it. How much more do you have to go?

Congrats guys

Thanks man!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

The only concern I have is if I'll be able to pick my division. I'm really hoping for A.

I've followed your posts and you're another one of the people that really seemed to enjoy it. How much more do you have to go?

Thanks man!

I have 3 more months of school car left. My second signals exam is in 2 weeks.

After 4 months of waiting since my first visit (I did another drug test and more paperwork 2 weeks ago since they told me the drug test is no good after 3 months) I am officially in and starting Monday. My friend who took the test with me got his first letter to go in next week and his number is 83**. My number is 69**.

This is the most surreal feeling I've had in a minute. Hoping for A division!! LOL!

Get lots of rest this weekend. After orientation, life will change for the next year, lots of pressure hear and there... Stay focused. "It gets worst, and then it gets better". Ask lots of questions, and browse through the school car thread every now and then.

I've been on this forum over a year my brother introduced me to it we also took the exam together this thread & the school car helped me out tremendously gave me allot of info, answered questions as officially as Thursday I got the probationary removed from my name the year flew by especially when I started pounding the road. Guys it's out there for you, you just gotta want it & take it with everything it's what you put in GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

After 4 months of waiting since my first visit (I did another drug test and more paperwork 2 weeks ago since they told me the drug test is no good after 3 months) I am officially in and starting Monday. My friend who took the test with me got his first letter to go in next week and his number is 83**. My number is 69**.

This is the most surreal feeling I've had in a minute. Hoping for A division!! LOL!

congrats friend! But, I really hope your wrong about your friends list number being 83** 

• 1 month later...

List is moving as of today.  Unfortunately, my name has been taken off the list why? I can request restoration but, how or, why would it come off in the first place? I was waiting the whole time for my letter. They know my address because they sent me information for conductor as well as, informing me I'm on the list for Train Operator. Plus, now they've moved beyond my number so, does that mean I'm out of the next upcoing

class whenever that is?  :angry:

Also, I have a friend who's list number was likely called months ago but he probably never gave them a change of address. Can he still get on board through restoration filing? Any help, advice, etc. is appreciated. 

FWIW I've had my name restored and DCAS told me be on the look out in the next few weeks for the pre-employment letter. I'm realizing now that even with the pre-employment letter it could still be a mute point considering the fact the MTA could freeze on hiring or others could be reinstated ahead of me. So, it's better than not receiving the letter but, I can't get too excited. With the next exam approaching it seems like a good way to collect new application fees for people still on the current list who haven't been called along with other first timers. I've also heard the 2nd avenue line will likely open on 12/31 and they'll be running test trains soon. I'm not sure if this will help my situation or others but, you never know. A little disappointing how I was skipped but it's the MTA so, a lot of what they do doesn't make sense. 

FWIW I've had my name restored and DCAS told me be on the look out in the next few weeks for the pre-employment letter. I'm realizing now that even with the pre-employment letter it could still be a mute point considering the fact the MTA could freeze on hiring or others could be reinstated ahead of me. So, it's better than not receiving the letter but, I can't get too excited. With the next exam approaching it seems like a good way to collect new application fees for people still on the current list who haven't been called along with other first timers. I've also heard the 2nd avenue line will likely open on 12/31 and they'll be running test trains soon. I'm not sure if this will help my situation or others but, you never know. A little disappointing how I was skipped but it's the MTA so, a lot of what they do doesn't make sense.

I don't see a hiring freeze happening. All that could happen is the list expiring before you are sent a pre-employment letter.

Does anybody have any idea on when or, if there's a next class starting? Ive been restored but now no longer on an outstanding certification. last year it was around December looking back on older posting mikeeems1 was a big help. I'd prefer not to pay for the next exam plus, they skipped me for some reason seems kind of unfair. I've received other information from them but the main letter they don't have my address or skip me? c'mon

I hear Nov 28th next class

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

thanks Superman465, I guess that means I'm out can't image I could be processed that quickly. smh! good luck to those in that class if indeed it is on that date. Last year I think it was around 12/28 

thanks Superman465, I guess that means I'm out can't image I could be processed that quickly. smh! good luck to those in that class if indeed it is on that date. Last year I think it was around 12/28

I'm still waiting on a call for physical they said 3 to 90 days!

I'm still waiting on a call for physical they said 3 to 90 days!

really, what's your list #? . and how long have you been waiting. I think they will go through all the eligible names on the list but, not all of those will be appointed obviously. either man congrats and good luck  

really, what's your list #? . and how long have you been waiting. I think they will go through all the eligible names on the list but, not all of those will be appointed obviously. either man congrats and good luck

My list # 8248 took the drug test now waiting for second call for physical. It's been 33 business days but who's counting lol!

My list # 8248 took the drug test now waiting for second call for physical. It's been 33 business days but who's counting lol!

Whaaatt!  I really feel screwed over. not hating friend just saying. I know there's people out there who've restored their #'s  that are ahead of me too but, at least you got a letter. In a perfect world we'd all go in the next class but, I know better. But, that interesting, 33 business days  huh? So, if I'm right, you were likely called in or around that labor day week? That's really helpful information thanks for the timeline  because if true It may have been a blessing I wasn't called during that period. I'm just trying to find some positives on being skipped. smh. great reply Superman465

Edited by AyeO

Whaaatt! I really feel screwed over. not hating friend just saying. I know there's people out there who've restored their #'s that are ahead of me too but, at least you got a letter. In a perfect world we'd all go in the next class but, I know better. But, that interesting, 33 business days huh?So, if I'm right, you likely were called in or around that labor day week? That's really helpful information because if true It may have been a blessing I wasn't called during that period. I'm just trying to find some positives on being skipped. smh.

September 6th was my drug test I'm hoping I'll be in the next class but still waiting for that call ????. I really don't know how the system works but I hope you get a letter cause I hear they are hiring lots of people good luck also…

Yeah, that's what i thought wow! Well, I guess it was for the best I didn't get called during that period. God  really knows best. So, there's no need to curse out the MTA i guess..LOL  It's just frustrating but, thanks for the info and the support. I know it's not easy waiting that would have been a problem for me too.  But I'll tell ya, that automated message is bogus because at that time those numbers didn't move, a guy on here actually said the #'s were in 8k's too. Oh well, maybe I'll get a letter soon and I see you in class. Last year class didn't start until dec 28. just put it in God's hands and let it be. At least, that's what I need to do. Thanks friend!

• 3 weeks later...