Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, fingers crossed. My list number is 8431. I took my drug test on August 31. Last update I received, a lot of people have been asking to be restored, that's why the numbers are not moving so fast anymore.

They are still hiring for the November class so good luck!

Oh ok this will be my second visit I will keep you updated

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Oh ok this will be my second visit I will keep you updated

Good luck superman465. I'm don't get how they are doing this.  It doesn't seem to have and order whatsoever. I've restored my name and still no call. The DCAS automated service # is saying 7951 last eligible appointed. I'm back on an outstanding certification again after they initially took me off. I wonder will i get a letter on a sat. or next week before the holiday. This would be the second time I was skipped if I don't hear something soon. 

Good luck superman465. I'm don't get how they are doing this. It doesn't seem to have and order whatsoever. I've restored my name and still no call. The DCAS automated service # is saying 7951 last eligible appointed. I'm back on an outstanding certification again after they initially took me off. I wonder will i get a letter on a sat. or next week before the holiday. This would be the second time I was skipped if I don't hear something soon.

Well good luck hopefully everything will workout and I agree the way mta does things is crazy you just don't know what to expect.

My buddy got his letter today also he has to report on tues.

Good luck superman465. I'm don't get how they are doing this.  It doesn't seem to have and order whatsoever. I've restored my name and still no call. The DCAS automated service # is saying 7951 last eligible appointed. I'm back on an outstanding certification again after they initially took me off. I wonder will i get a letter on a sat. or next week before the holiday. This would be the second time I was skipped if I don't hear something soon.

In response to you being on an 'outstanding certification" that means that the list is back in the hands of MTA Certification and they will start calling again. The list goes back to DCAS after a class is filled so that DCAS can do what they need to do with the people that requested to be restored. When the list goes back to DCAS your status will change again to NOT on an outstanding certification if you have not been called for final processing. We were told that the calling has slowed up because of the amount of people requesting to be restored. So I hope you have some luck because it seems as if you guys have precedence right now. Even though you call the DCAS automated system and it states that the information is current from that Sunday the week before, that's not true, the last elibile appointment number changes on the automated system after the class is filled, so essentially once a month the numbers are updated.

@Ladyrockstar, thanks for the update. What your saying makes sense but, i haven't even been call for the first drug test and I restored my name  in October. I figured people would restore their names and that some of those names would go ahead of me anyway but, people behind me are getting notices and I'm wondering will they skip me again. It's just frustrating because you go from thinking you have no chance at the job to thinking you do to then thinking your getting skipped/screwed etc. And, it's next to impossible to talk to a live person on the phone with accurate information. I agree that the automated system is after the fact information. It seems their almost through the entire list, and no confirmation on the Jan. class i suppose?

@Ladyrockstar, thanks for the update. What your saying makes sense but, i haven't even been call for the first drug test and I restored my name  in October. I figured people would restore their names and that some of those names would go ahead of me anyway but, people behind me are getting notices and I'm wondering will they skip me again. It's just frustrating because you go from thinking you have no chance at the job to thinking you do to then thinking your getting skipped/screwed etc. And, it's next to impossible to talk to a live person on the phone with accurate information. I agree that the automated system is after the fact information. It seems their almost through the entire list, and no confirmation on the Jan. class i suppose?

ok, sorry, I don't have answers as to how it works for the restore requests. We were told that there DCAS has a list and MTA has a list. MTA stated they do not know what list number DCAS is up to. Our last update from MTA was that the last list number appointed in the November class is 8090, but they are still calling for that class. My suggestion would be, have a list of questions you do want to ask, because one thing I can say is that if you ask the right questions they do answer them. I know its frustrating but you have to be persistent. Just keep calling. Mrs.Vargas is the person that will give you accuracy when you talk to her.

Ok quick update went down to 180 Livingston street today for my second drug alcohol test. They didn't tell me much but to look out for an email ugh back to waiting.

ok, I have to go on Wednesday. Quick question, are they making you submit paperwork all over again? I just want to know what to expect. Were you there all day?

ok, so I guess its the same process. Hopefully this puts us in good standing for the December class because the November class starts Monday or Tuesday of next week.

from what I am hearing pretty much. When I reported for my 2nd drug exam I was the 3rd person on the line and the 1st person for conductor. I was out the door by 10am. Edited by tdevon2012

ok, I have to go on Wednesday. Quick question, are they making you submit paperwork all over again? I just want to know what to expect. Were you there all day?

Yes the same forms they sent you must be filled out. The sooner you get there the earlier you can leave.

Sorry for the late response I'm at work.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my letter..  2nd visit Dec. 8.

I resolve to there's no absolute method to the madness.  My list number is 9311.

let's just stay positive. We be er know how things are going to go. I'm just very surprised as to how the calling slowed down. At one point the list #'s moved like 1200 spots in one month.

let's just stay positive. We be er know how things are going to go. I'm just very surprised as to how the calling slowed down. At one point the list #'s moved like 1200 spots in one month.

Exactly

After reading the last couple pages I was sure I was gonna be looking a Feb. 2017

-One thing I could say is that my paperwork was in order..  I paid $135.00 at the Social Security office to get a print out of all my jobs.  Just to make it mistake free.. As well as gave them a copy of it as well.

Why they sent me the same paperwork that I turned in the first time is beyond me but, I have 3 Copies of all of it..

I'm never filling that stuff out again without my own personal copies.

Edited by MTATrainFuture

Exactly

After reading the last couple pages I was sure I was gonna be looking a Feb. 2017

-One thing I could say is that my paperwork was in order.. I paid $135.00 at the Social Security office to get a print out of all my jobs. Just to make it mistake free.. As well as gave them a copy of it as well.

Why they sent me the same paperwork that I turned in the first time is beyond me but, I have 3 Copies of all of it..

I'm never filling that stuff out again without my own personal copies.

Congrats!! keep us in the loop and I will be doing the same.

My question is are we definitely in even after a second call for drug testing or will the mta call off the hiring and it ends there?

Thanks

superman465

Reading one of your posts and another post..  Am I to understand it's a wait after the second visit AND a wait after that "Being in the process of TO.. 

Like you I don't have too much time left that I put in for for this leave..  I have to adjust at work asap if it's gonna run hot and cold like this..