Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, I think its $135 but, it gives you everything you need

so strange, went to ss office and was given a form to get this info and was told we could get it right away by coming back to the ss office, the form was dated from 2014 and had the $136 charge. When I called ss though they said it takes 4 months to get the earnings info and the form from the ss website is dated 2016 and charges $115. Not sure what is the right info, anyone do this recently at a ss office?

Is the ss print out mandatory ? Or is that for people that don't have all their w2's

the printout is not a requirement. Neither are the W2's. The printout was a suggestion for someone who doesn't remember their work history from the time they are requestion. When I was going through the paperwork for sanitation, it was a requirement so I already had a copy. My suggestion, buy it once and keep it close.

so strange, went to ss office and was given a form to get this info and was told we could get it right away by coming back to the ss office, the form was dated from 2014 and had the $136 charge. When I called ss though they said it takes 4 months to get the earnings info and the form from the ss website is dated 2016 and charges $115. Not sure what is the right info, anyone do this recently at a ss office?

I can't answer that one. I went to the ss office and paid the $135 because I needed it right away. I was told later that it could be ordered online but it takes some time in which I did not have. The extra $20 may be because of the rush, who knows. If you can wait order it online , pay the $115. If not the $135. Either way, keep it close!

the printout is not a requirement. Neither are the W2's. The printout was a suggestion for someone who doesn't remember their work history from the time they are requestion. When I was going through the paperwork for sanitation, it was a requirement so I already had a copy. My suggestion, buy it once and keep it close.

I can't answer that one. I went to the ss office and paid the $135 because I needed it right away. I was told later that it could be ordered online but it takes some time in which I did not have. The extra $20 may be because of the rush, who knows. If you can wait order it online , pay the $115. If not the $135. Either way, keep it close!

so we got the

so we got the printout at the office, it was $115 because they changed the price in Oct2016, only a government offices prices go down lol...

My assumption would be....he got the call

You are absolutely correct, I WAS called. Long hard road, but I made it through it all. Well worth it, for most. You guys are next, and when you get in im here to help. I Just took a promotional dispatcher exam last weekend and studying for the next upcoming train service supervisor exam. Promotion al opportunity is available.

One thing you will learn is to ignore the negativity, if u haven't yet. I sign in to work, do my job, mingle with positive people, and sign out smiling... Good luck to all.

You are absolutely correct, I WAS called. Long hard road, but I made it through it all. Well worth it, for most. You guys are next, and when you get in im here to help. I Just took a promotional dispatcher exam last weekend and studying for the next upcoming train service supervisor exam. Promotion al opportunity is available.

One thing you will learn is to ignore the negativity, if u haven't yet. I sign in to work, do my job, mingle with positive people, and sign out smiling... Good luck to all.

I got the call for class as well..  Short story is I learned exactly what your saying..  The "Hyena's" and their followers are here and they will heighten your anxiety..  So to the few private messages I've gotten stay positive and stop looking and reacting to every notification on the board.  It will be alright and what's meant for you will be.. thousands of people are retiring every year.  Which makes the list move quickly.  I just took the dispatcher exam as well !!!!  Congrats

Have a wonderful life.

Finally, I'M IN, DAMN!

I just received my email to come in for final processing on Tuesday for the Dec.26 class. However, I'm hoping to postpone this until Jan. 30 because It's really last minute and I'd like to tie up some loose ends on my current job. Plus, this is a real life changer so, I'd like to "defrag"  a bit before embarking on this new career. But, if not, I'm just thankful I was called. As of last week this class was not full so, that's a big reason I was processed so quickly.  Thanks to Superman465, Ladyrockstar, mikeemms1, and all the real people on here chronicling their process it was a big help. Boy, I'll tell ya, the MTA administrative processing is horrible. They are completely overwhelmed by the applicant pool. After being skipped Twice and giving them all my information they still typed my name wrong..LOL... I can laugh about it now but it wasn't funny a few months back. I'll update this after tuesday especially for ladyrockstar because if they allow me to wait until January that might open up a sit for you! Good Luck to all 

That's awesome news Ayeo! My home girl received her email today too! I'm only 8 list numbers away from her so hopefully I'm next! Keep that focus. Remember, you only get this shot once unless you take the test again and want to patiently impatiently wait. Start the new year off right all of my fellow appointees and let's get this money! Congratulations everybody!

Finally, I'M IN, DAMN!

I just received my email to come in for final processing on Tuesday for the Dec.26 class. However, I'm hoping to postpone this until Jan. 30 because It's really last minute and I'd like to tie up some loose ends on my current job. Plus, this is a real life changer so, I'd like to "defrag" a bit before embarking on this new career. But, if not, I'm just thankful I was called. As of last week this class was not full so, that's a big reason I was processed so quickly. Thanks to Superman465, Ladyrockstar, mikeemms1, and all the real people on here chronicling their process it was a big help. Boy, I'll tell ya, the MTA administrative processing is horrible. They are completely overwhelmed by the applicant pool. After being skipped Twice and giving them all my information they still typed my name wrong..LOL... I can laugh about it now but it wasn't funny a few months back. I'll update this after tuesday especially for ladyrockstar because if they allow me to wait until January that might open up a sit for you! Good Luck to all

Congrats great news if they don't let you start in january I suggest you make that jump and go for it. I did 20 years at fedex and currently 8 years as a doorman and I am not looking back full steam ahead lol. Difficult decision are a part of life never second guess yourself good luck hope to see you on the rails one day.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Finally, I'M IN, DAMN!

I just received my email to come in for final processing on Tuesday for the Dec.26 class. However, I'm hoping to postpone this until Jan. 30 because It's really last minute and I'd like to tie up some loose ends on my current job. Plus, this is a real life changer so, I'd like to "defrag"  a bit before embarking on this new career. But, if not, I'm just thankful I was called. As of last week this class was not full so, that's a big reason I was processed so quickly.  Thanks to Superman465, Ladyrockstar, mikeemms1, and all the real people on here chronicling their process it was a big help. Boy, I'll tell ya, the MTA administrative processing is horrible. They are completely overwhelmed by the applicant pool. After being skipped Twice and giving them all my information they still typed my name wrong..LOL... I can laugh about it now but it wasn't funny a few months back. I'll update this after tuesday especially for ladyrockstar because if they allow me to wait until January that might open up a sit for you! Good Luck to all 

Congrats man and hopefully you'll come back here and share your experience in schoolcar and beyond with those of us on the outside.

Yeah, thanks but if I have to go Dec. 26 then I'm going. I can't let this opportunity pass me by the time is now.  Scared money don't make money. I'll update those interested after Tuesday for the finally verdict. And, If I am in on the 26 maybe we can link up. And. to NYCguy2020. I'll definitely chronicle my journey through this because I'm checking older post from others now to learn from their experiences. So it's Each one Teach one friend. Peace.

Congrats great news if they don't let you start in january I suggest you make that jump and go for it. I did 20 years at fedex and currently 8 years as a doorman and I am not looking back full steam ahead lol. Difficult decision are a part of life never second guess yourself good luck hope to see you on the rails one day.

Edited by AyeO

Well the verdict is in and I'm out!  At least, for now anyway, on a medical hold until I can see my Dr. 

Unfortunately for me that won't be until first week in Jan. The Good news is there's still a Jan.30 class on the table but, at this point i'm saying whatever. An unexplainable discrepancy in one of my exams so doc. needs more clearance. Never had as much as a broken nose but this is a federally regulated position so everything must fit perfectly.  A Long day with a somewhat frustrating end. Truthfully, I wasn't too keen about starting on Monday anyway but, wasn't going to chance it. However, the decision was made for me so it's back to waiting. The MTA Dr. doesn't think it's a big deal but, the timing is bad depending on how I look at it. If I can continue I'll get back on but for now, I've lost too much sleep over this already so, in the meantime, I'm just going relax over the holidays and what will be will be. Good luck to those still in the game  and maybe I'll see you in Jan. Peace! 

Well the verdict is in and I'm out! At least, for now anyway, on a medical hold until I can see my Dr.

Unfortunately for me that won't be until first week in Jan. The Good news is there's still a Jan.30 class on the table but, at this point i'm saying whatever. An unexplainable discrepancy in one of my exams so doc. needs more clearance. Never had as much as a broken nose but this is a federally regulated position so everything must fit perfectly. A Long day with a somewhat frustrating end. Truthfully, I wasn't too keen about starting on Monday anyway but, wasn't going to chance it. However, the decision was made for me so it's back to waiting. The MTA Dr. doesn't think it's a big deal but, the timing is bad depending on how I look at it. If I can continue I'll get back on but for now, I've lost too much sleep over this already so, in the meantime, I'm just going relax over the holidays and what will be will be. Good luck to those still in the game and maybe I'll see you in Jan. Peace!

Be easy hopefully everything will work out.

Be easy hopefully everything will work out.

Yeah, thanks superman465. Only time will tell. It's a serious job and a big responsibility so, can't rush into it. I'm pretty sure you will but, stay focused out there man and good luck.