Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• 1 month later...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would seem to be a good sign for those of us that took 7604, correct?

Not really your still looking at least a year before they start calling from that exam. They won't establish that list until after the promotional exam is completely. Plus with the agency running the show now it can be better or worst. Dcas had a sense of direction, had a formula on how to do things compared to MTA. So as of now you just never know.

Does anyone know how long the background investigation takes and how in depth they get.  I actually finished school car last month, but I actually stayed at my other job an extra 2 weeks (sick leave)  because I wanted to make sure I would be able to make it through the training before letting go of my full time gig. would this be something they would hold against me.  I've asked 2 of my prior managers if they have been contacted as of yet and they both say no. So does the check focus more on criminal elements?  

Does anyone know how long the background investigation takes and how in depth they get.  I actually finished school car last month, but I actually stayed at my other job an extra 2 weeks (sick leave)  because I wanted to make sure I would be able to make it through the training before letting go of my full time gig. would this be something they would hold against me.  I've asked 2 of my prior managers if they have been contacted as of yet and they both say no. So does the check focus more on criminal elements?  

I pray you signed the dual employment form..  I know you know that you were suppose to right?!?  If so you have nothing to worry about.. 

Congrats!!!  I'm in class now..

I personally thing this was the worst time to do T/O.. No one before us has ever had to deal with this BS we are going through.. 

But, congrats that you made it..  I bet a pension you didn't have LEONARD.. Worst TSS ever!!

Edited by MTATrainFuture

Not really your still looking at least a year before they start calling from that exam. They won't establish that list until after the promotional exam is completely. Plus with the agency running the show now it can be better or worst. Dcas had a sense of direction, had a formula on how to do things compared to MTA. So as of now you just never know.

The passing rate is horrible..  The TSS's are horrible.. The SI in schoolcar is horrible.. 

There firing 10 T/O's a week this includes schoolcar and probation.. 

Maybe 10 percent of the promotional conductors are becoming T/O's 90 are going back to being conductors..

That's the truth..   So 7604 might be called sooner than you think.. The A division is starving for T/O's.

The passing rate is horrible.. The TSS's are horrible.. The SI in schoolcar is horrible..

There firing 10 T/O's a week this includes schoolcar and probation..

Maybe 10 percent of the promotional conductors are becoming T/O's 90 are going back to being conductors..

That's the truth.. So 7604 might be called sooner than you think.. The A division is starving for T/O's.

Damn that's outrageous. But you know what... that just makes me wanting the job even more. To really prove to yourself and them TSS that you got what it takes. They can't stop you only you can stand in your way.

But now i see why a lot of B/O's say they rather stay up top. Because going down below is truly a headache. Lmao my ninja i wish you the best push thru and make the best of it you never know what the end game can look like unless you see the finish line!

Edited by DrewMania

Damn that's outrageous. But you know what... that just makes me wanting the job even more. To really prove to yourself and them TSS that you got what it takes. They can't stop you only you can stand in your way.

But now i see why a lot of B/O's say they rather stay up top. Because going down below is truly a headache. Lmao my ninja i wish you the best push thru and make the best of it you never know what the end game can look like unless you see the finish line!

Outrageous!  That's a new one.   I've consistantly heard Unfortunate, Bull*hit, Horrible, Hate for the way things are handled down here but, outrageous is a new one.. These are all apart of everyday life down here.  Meanwhile don't be late.

• Harry featured this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2013 at 8:43 PM, Joegrind06 said:

I  got the pre-employment letter to come down to 180 Livingston on Nov. 18. After handing in my documents, as well as criminal dispositions which one was for a DWI in2008, I was told that my application was under review and I would receive a call or "letter" for further instructions. Should I be worried or is this procedure ?? My list # was in the 1800's. 

Same thing happened with me , did you ever get the job ?

On 12/2/2013 at 8:43 PM, Joegrind06 said:

I  got the pre-employment letter to come down to 180 Livingston on Nov. 18. After handing in my documents, as well as criminal dispositions which one was for a DWI in2008, I was told that my application was under review and I would receive a call or "letter" for further instructions. Should I be worried or is this procedure ?? My list # was in the 1800's. 

Did you ever get the job ? Same thing happened with me

21 hours ago, Jermaine said:

Did you ever get the job ? Same thing happened with me

Please do not bump a thread which is over a year old...if anything, you can "tag" the other member by typing "@" followed by the username. As a result, @Jermaine will appear and, next time the user logs on, he/she will see that you have tagged another member.

On 6/12/2017 at 5:57 PM, JV620 said:

Is it now official that this list has expired?

And yes, if you click here and if you type "8098" in the search box on the top right, this list has expired.

Edited by +Young+
Technical Glitch

• +Young+ changed the title to Train Operator Exam # 8098
  • +Young+ locked this topic
  • +Young+ unpinned this topic