Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Those who failed to show up will have to put thier names back on the list in order to be called in Dec. Storm or No storm Future and current employees must show up unless told not too. Once again welcome to transit to all the new Hires.

Yep if TA calls you come if not they will get somebody else to take yer spot..

Edited by RTOMan

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does it work if you do not accept the position and you request to be placed back on the list? Do you fall to the bottom of the overall list or are you reinstated at your current list number? My list number is in the low 200's and if I am called in the next few weeks, I may opt to decline as I have a big assignment at current job that I feel morally obligated to complete before resigning, but would love to start class in January if that is an option? (assuming that I pass medical that is. I have high blood pressure, though it is under control by medication and isnt terribly high without medication. Does anyone know the magic number that is "acceptable" as it relates to the blood pressure?)

Those who failed to show up will have to put thier names back on the list in order to be called in Dec. Storm or No storm Future and current employees must show up unless told not too. Once again welcome to transit to all the new Hires.

Yep that's that's why I still showed up Wednesday morning and was hired that afternoon. If they weren't open I would have gone right back Thursday morning. I had another poster say that I should have waited until they called me to reschedule. Still swore they were closed but I was sitting in 180 waiting for my medical lol

Edited by elantra06

How does it work if you do not accept the position and you request to be placed back on the list? Do you fall to the bottom of the overall list or are you reinstated at your current list number? My list number is in the low 200's and if I am called in the next few weeks, I may opt to decline as I have a big assignment at current job that I feel morally obligated to complete before resigning, but would love to start class in January if that is an option? (assuming that I pass medical that is. I have high blood pressure, though it is under control by medication and isnt terribly high without medication. Does anyone know the magic number that is "acceptable" as it relates to the blood pressure?)

They will keep on moving up the list. You don't fall to the bottom. It's like you list number goes inactive until you call to request your name to be placed back on the list when you are ready. When you do then they will call you to come back in for processing.

Yep that's that's why I still showed up Wednesday morning and was hired that afternoon. If they weren't open I would have gone right back Thursday morning. I had another poster say that I should have waited until they called me to reschedule. Still swore they were closed but I was sitting in 180 waiting for my medical lol

If I wasn't so busy working 16 Hours a day during the storm I would have currected that person post. People should not post if they are clueless on the subject at hand. Glad you made it and look foward seeing you out in the field.

Edited by Pelham Bay Dave

So I went on Friday do the medical and final processing. It was supposed to be on Monday, but due to Sandy it was postponed. I finished everything and I start on November 12. I was not expecting to start so soon, but the guy told me that he was not sure when the next class would be after this one(not sure how true that is). I didn't want to take any chance of missing this opportunity so I agreed to start that soon. I wanted to give my job a 2 week notice, but I'll have to just give them one week notice.

so it IS true that after final processing you dont have to take the VERY NEXT class if its not convenient for you

It doesn't seem like it. I told him I would have liked to give my job a 2 week notice and he said he went to check if there was anything else coming up...idk if he really did make a phone call or not, but when he came back he said there wasn't any other classes 100% scheduled...maybe its a strategy they use to make you take the next one...but idk for sure

Hey...I was wondering if anyone here is an active T/O or knows about the training process. Was just wondering about the tests during school car...the signals test which you must score 100% on and the others. Anybody here know if a lot of people get booted for failing the tests?

So I went on Friday do the medical and final processing. It was supposed to be on Monday, but due to Sandy it was postponed. I finished everything and I start on November 12. I was not expecting to start so soon, but the guy told me that he was not sure when the next class would be after this one(not sure how true that is). I didn't want to take any chance of missing this opportunity so I agreed to start that soon. I wanted to give my job a 2 week notice, but I'll have to just give them one week notice.

See you on Monday.

AHHHHHHH.... thank you SANDY !!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: ( or NOT !!!)

Seems that MTA took a big financial hit with this one....

Now this could go 2 ways...:

1. ( :):):) ) because of the mass destruction they need MORE workers so they will keep hiring !!!

2. they will have another hiring freeze to "SAVE" some of the "LOST" money !!!! ( :angry::angry::angry::(:(:( )

Now.... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH WAY THEY ARE GOING TO GO WITH ?????

Will there be more classes soon?? - like right after NEw Year or early spring???

Anyone????

Any money spent on this with be given back by President Obama, so dont sweat it..

AHHHHHHH.... thank you SANDY !!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: ( or NOT !!!)

Seems that MTA took a big financial hit with this one....

Now this could go 2 ways...:

1. ( :):):) ) because of the mass destruction they need MORE workers so they will keep hiring !!!

2. they will have another hiring freeze to "SAVE" some of the "LOST" money !!!! ( :angry::angry::angry::(:(:( )

Now.... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH WAY THEY ARE GOING TO GO WITH ?????

Will there be more classes soon?? - like right after NEw Year or early spring???

Anyone????

Any money spent on this with be given back by President Obama, so dont sweat it..

Hey...I was wondering if anyone here is an active T/O or knows about the training process. Was just wondering about the tests during school car...the signals test which you must score 100% on and the others. Anybody here know if a lot of people get booted for failing the tests?

From wat I've read b4..you will learn to add and remove cars..do safety inspections and have quizes weekly along with midterms and practicals hands on test..and will learn each train in ur division..yes the signal test u must get 100% pass and ppl do fail I would guess and say more pass than fail but its like goin to school and must be taken seriously..gl to all starting Mon :)

For what if u don't mind me asking???

Why?

Apparently I have some sort of extra heartbeat in my EKG and they want a letter from my doctor saying I won't lose consciousness while operating RTO equipment! I've already notified my doctor and now I wait for her to get back to me; I hope she gets back to me before this week is out!