Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to go back down to 1 Centre St the week after for another set of fingerprinting and show them my original DD 214. I got a notice in the mail. DCAS wants to verify my military service. I will have to show my TSS the notice tommorrow and request that day off. Hopefully I don't have too and can just make a quick trip and return back to class. They said I cannot miss that appointment. I thought they would have done this after the list was published back in 2010.....

I really don't want to miss a day of class but the city says I have to report there at 1100 that day..

I just had tests done to try and get my medical hold cleared (Holter, stress, echo-cardio) - now in just waiting for either the physician or the cardiologist to hand me the letter and materials to bring in! I just wish they'd do it faster - I don't wanna get left behind!

When a candidate is first called you receive a notice by mail to report to 180 Livingston Street for a urine test and then you are given a 21-page-booklet to bring home and fill out??? Is this true or false?? Can anyone who went through this process confirm this information please.

Does anyone know if there's definitely a december class? If yes, when will it start? What number are they up to calling people for medical processing (2nd appointment)?

According to the school car staff there will definitely be a december class but i cant recall what date it starts. and they didnt say up to what list will be called for the december class

The class starts on dec. 17 It was supposed to start on december 3, but got delayed for whatever reason. Its hard to tell sometimes to tell when you will get called...ppl who have medical holds come back and get placed into later classes. Like myself, i went for drug testing on October 3. Was on schedule to start November 12, but medical hold and a two-day delay in processing because of the medical hold bumped me to the 12/17 class...IM in the 150's

Edited by nab311

The class starts on dec. 17 It was supposed to start on december 3, but got delayed for whatever reason. Its hard to tell sometimes to tell when you will get called...ppl who have medical holds come back and get placed into later classes. Like myself, i went for drug testing on October 3. Was on schedule to start November 12, but medical hold and a two-day delay in processing because of the medical hold bumped me to the 12/17 class...IM in the 150's

Same here bro! Just gotta get the letter from my doc and hand it in! I wonder if I'll have to do another drug test.

Does anyone know if there's definitely a december class? If yes, when will it start? What number are they up to calling people for medical processing (2nd appointment)?

Yes there is a December class. Also there are a lot of retirements happening so there will most likely be new classes every month until about April. They are short T/O's in both divisions.

@Elantra. Do you have confirmation on the retiree info? If so that would be greatly appreciated. The only classes I had heard about were the Oct, Nov, and Dec. Hoping it is true that they will be hiring more.

Our school car superintendent told us during orientation this past week. Nearly every TSS has mentioned that they are short in both divisions since I started on Monday.

The only thing that sucks is they are short schoolcar TSS's. Most are out on the road.

From what I read in the beginning of these posts was that they have you drink 40oz of water before you have your urine test. And that there are other people there as well and you have to wait for your number to get call. Now my question is, when this urine test is administered where is this conducted in a bathroom and is someone over your shoulder??

From what I read in the beginning of these posts was that they have you drink 40oz of water before you have your urine test. And that there are other people there as well and you have to wait for your number to get call. Now my question is, when this urine test is administered where is this conducted in a bathroom and is someone over your shoulder??

Well I went down for my drug test on 10/17. You do not have to drink the 40 oz of water if you dont need to. Also, no one is over your shoulder either. If you stay in the bathroom a little bit longer than expected theyll ask what youre doing. I had a shy bladder of course lol, and the doc asked if I was ok. I went and that was it. They give you a copy of the drug test sheet and thats all. Youre on your trip home. I havnt been called back for my medical yet though. My list number is 249 so I believe I should be called back soon for my final processing.

No need to be an a**hole with stupid posts. If you have nothing nice to post then don't be an idiot. My cousin just got called for the PD and they took fibers of his hairs instead of urine. Again anyone that went through the urine process can please explain the process step by step. Thanks

I wasn't trying to be an a##hole. After they call you while you are sitting you go to another room. In the other room you stamp that piece of paper and put it into the slot. Then they come to get you when you are up. They make you sign some forms. They give you a cup. You go into a little bathroom by yourself. There is blue water on the toilet bowl. You aren't allowed to flush. You then give your urine sample to the tester. You sign some more forms. She give you the cup back tells you to flush the rest down the toilet. You throw the cup out. They put your urine test into a metal cabinet. Thats it. If there's something I left out someone say something. At no time was water given to me to drink.

Edited by Dahon5