Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Well I went down for my drug test on 10/17. You do not have to drink the 40 oz of water if you dont need to. Also, no one is over your shoulder either. If you stay in the bathroom a little bit longer than expected theyll ask what youre doing. I had a shy bladder of course lol, and the doc asked if I was ok. I went and that was it. They give you a copy of the drug test sheet and thats all. Youre on your trip home. I havnt been called back for my medical yet though. My list number is 249 so I believe I should be called back soon for my final processing.

Thank you for the info and heads up...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, mediccjh's recap from yesterday.

Got there at 6:45. I was the 6th person in line. They started promptly at 7:30. Two different lines; everyone was given a small packet to fill out for the whiz quiz.

Stood and stared at the wall for a few minutes; none of the bodegas I passed in the morning had any word find books. Damn them!

Called my ticket; turned in the packet, filled out the yellow paper, and proceeded for the whiz quiz.

NOTE WHEN GOING FOR THE WHIZ QUIZ: Stamp your paper, and put it in the mail slot. I didn't at first, and I got the evil eye from one of the lab techs; another came, was cool, and showed me the errors of my ways.

Went to take the whiz quiz, and......nothing. You are allowed 40 oz of water that they supply you within 3 hours of your first attempt. You must make at least 45 mL of urine. Took a bottle of water, stared at the wall for 90 minutes while telling everyone how to clock in, and then my kidneys and bladder finally decided to cooperate after the second bottle.

Did the whiz quiz, went back into the main waiting area. Got the 21-page packet of homework, along with the 10-page packet on how to do the 21-page packet of homework. If you need extra forms, they're on the wall near the hall leading to the bathroom. I was out of there by 10:00.

In regards to your work history: Go to your local SS office, and they will print out your complete history for $35. Money well worth it, since they want ALL employment since high school.

Now I hurry up and wait for a phone call or snail mail.

There people that are saying you don't drink water. This person is the one that posted this awhile back.

There people that are saying you don't drink water. This person is the one that posted this awhile back.

What he was saying was that you are ALLOWED up to 40oz of water if you can't go on ur own on the first try. If u get there and your able to go right away then you are fine. They do not MAKE you drink water if you don't need it. That is a 100% fact. Just try to hold your urine til it's your turn to whiz.

Wheres the stream of replies in here? Everyone is disappearing on the forums. Anyone have new info or anything??

Lol that's because most of us that have been posting here are in schoolcar now like myself. The work is starting to pick up and for the next few months we will be spending time studying.

Low 150s on the list - medical has been cleared, I have been sworn in as if this afternoon - 12/17/12 - IT BEGINS! To quote Stewie Griffin: Victory is Mine!

Congrats man. You start on my B-Day. Just to let you know when you start you will meet some of the best TSS's. The few that I have meet already are outstanding. They know there stuff so you will be taught everything I mean everything you will need to know about your division.

Lol that's because most of us that have been posting here are in schoolcar now like myself. The work is starting to pick up and for the next few months we will be spending time studying.

Good point lol. Id rather study than post here too if thats the case. I hope I get called soon. Im getting antsy here haha. I have such a damn low list number and its been almost 5 weeks since I took my drug test

Good point lol. Id rather study than post here too if thats the case. I hope I get called soon. Im getting antsy here haha. I have such a damn low list number and its been almost 5 weeks since I took my drug test

Sounds about right. It took about 4-5 weeks or so for them to call me back. But remember, Sandy slowed everything down so even then training process is a little slow at the moment

I got a bit of a scare today - as you know I was sworn in yesterday for the T/O position. However this morning I got a phone call at 7:10AM talking about something I put on my 21-page application - I got a ticket for a lit cigarette on the el in '98 and they wanted proof I paid it off. So I went down with my disposition letter from TAB and I had to redo one part of the original application (the one they sent for the drug test). I know everything's fine now, but it just had be a bit shaken and has been renting space in my head! Hopefully I won't get another call like that and I'm still on for 12/17/12 (gave my letter of resignation/2 weeks notice at work today.)

Sounds about right. It took about 4-5 weeks or so for them to call me back. But remember, Sandy slowed everything down so even then training process is a little slow at the moment

Yea I know the 12-3 class got pushed back two weeks because of the storm. Im just the impatient type lol. I wanna start and move on to the next chapter in life AKA becoming an adult haha.

Yea I know the 12-3 class got pushed back two weeks because of the storm. Im just the impatient type lol. I wanna start and move on to the next chapter in life AKA becoming an adult haha.

Lol! I definitely feel ya! I was just like that before i got called as well. That wait in between calls is a bit torturous! Hope you get called soon!

Lol! I definitely feel ya! I was just like that before i got called as well. That wait in between calls is a bit torturous! Hope you get called soon!

I hope so!! Im only 20 or so list numbers away since the guy above said he got called for his medical and hes in the 220s. Thatd be a sweet Christmas present to get on board for the 12-17 class