Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Well after reading this exchange I couldn't help but to laugh n shake my head @ some of the responses...lolol. But nonethless I'll welcome ya'll to NYCT. I wish ya'll the best of luck in the school car. I can't stress it enough n that is study them signals n listen to your instructors! All the other stuff will come in due time. I see that my fellow co-workers here have covered everything from money to how many hours you maybe working. You guys will be fine.

Ok senior Member with 1 post lol

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well apparently them telling you number 8 isnt that uncommon. Apparently when they first started calling for the first 100, someone called the direct number you did and they told him they were up to number 7. It doesnt make sense. If your list 330, you should have definitely gotten a call or letter. Id call again Monday or go down there directly to see wtf is goin on. Cuz if you got both letters one for the list number and a qualifying letter, there shouldnt be any issue UNLESS you changed your phone number/ or address. And thats the only way they cant reach you.

I'm definetly going to look into that.. do you know if they're open today so I can call them?

I'm definetly going to look into that.. do you know if they're open today so I can call them?

They are closed today. I was browsing back through the posts. They just may not have gottten to you exact number yet. Hell they could probably 3 list numbers away from you. When the letters go out they go out in groups. I'd say give it maybe another 2 weeks or so.

They are closed today. I was browsing back through the posts. They just may not have gottten to you exact number yet. Hell they could probably 3 list numbers away from you. When the letters go out they go out in groups. I'd say give it maybe another 2 weeks or so.

I am 4hundred and teens and I got mine Fri on Long Island. I would go there Monday and ask to speak to someone. Don´t give up and/or wait. might make a difference.

Well absolutely!! Sone people shouldnt have access to certain info. I just want a little inside info on what to expect or experience. But then again surprises are fun too lol.........BTW whos in the 12-17 class with me?!?!

Im sure the "inside experience" on things is freely talked about here when it comes to Schoolcar aspects of operations and so forth. There are Other things that Unless you are down here is just plain "need to know". When you get down here all will be explained...

Well after reading this exchange I couldn't help but to laugh n shake my head @ some of the responses...lolol. But nonethless I'll welcome ya'll to NYCT. I wish ya'll the best of luck in the school car. I can't stress it enough n that is study them signals n listen to your instructors! All the other stuff will come in due time. I see that my fellow co-workers here have covered everything from money to how many hours you maybe working. You guys will be fine.

Senior Man BBbwwwhhhaaaaaa :):):):):):):) ...

I said yes to some questions on the med questionaire. I told the truth. I'm not sure if you say no and then they find out you have something will you get fired? From earlier posts I heard this can happen. I don't want to get too personal, but I was put on medical hold. I'm not sure if I can be a TO anymore. :( Good luck to you all. My assumption is that they are past 300 on final processing. I guess it's easy for people not to pass medical.

Dude wat happened, did the doctors tell you you are on hold for something?? My assumption is if they put u on hold you need to get info that they want off ur primary care doc. Many ppl get put on hold, they get the info the MTA docs want then they are cleared. Dont give up that ez man

What determines if one gets a letter or phonecall?? Im out of state and hope to get a phonecall just in case the letter shows up the day im supposed to be @ Livingston

Usually from my knowledge, you get a letter for the DT pre-screening and a phone call for the medical

Usually from my knowledge, you get a letter for the DT pre-screening and a phone call for the medical

Yepp thats it happened to me. But when i was down there for the drug test and pre screening people also received phone calls. They had two lines. One for letters and one for phone calls........it was quite hilarious too. As the secretary doing the paperwork was VERY CLEAR, she said "this line is for letters, and this line for phone calls". So geniuses with letters got in the phone call line. I really hope they didnt get past that first process. I dont wanna work with idiots lol.

Would you happen to know anything about the medical process for new hires? Such as if they automatically disqualify one for being diabetic? I'm diabetic and I take insulin but my diabetes is under control thanks to the medication. Should I even tell them that I'm diabetic? Should I keep it hush-hush? Or should I tell them? And what is the risk I take if I tell them I'm not diabetic? Anyone else's inputs would also be helpful.

Yepp thats it happened to me. But when i was down there for the drug test and pre screening people also received phone calls. They had two lines. One for letters and one for phone calls........it was quite hilarious too. As the secretary doing the paperwork was VERY CLEAR, she said "this line is for letters, and this line for phone calls". So geniuses with letters got in the phone call line. I really hope they didnt get past that first process. I dont wanna work with idiots lol.

So, did you go through the medical process already?

Would you happen to know anything about the medical process for new hires? Such as if they automatically disqualify one for being diabetic? I'm diabetic and I take insulin but my diabetes is under control thanks to the medication. Should I even tell them that I'm diabetic? Should I keep it hush-hush? Or should I tell them? And what is the risk I take if I tell them I'm not diabetic? Anyone else's inputs would also be helpful.

So, did you go through the medical process already?

I would definitely tell them you are a diabetic, im pretty sure they will be able to tell from a urine sample. If its under control though with meds and the Docs see it as ok.. you shouldnt be disqualified for it

I feel like crying.. this isn't fair.. I'm list # 325-335, I hear all around here that the MTA has reached past my list number on the list and yet I haven't heard anything either by mail or phone. Then I call the MTA directly and get told that they are only up to list number 8. My friend was list number 86 and he started back in October. Things just don't make sense and it isn't fair..

Listen, call this #3476438229. Don't just ask what list number they are up to, talk firmly but politely and let them know your name and your list number, then state that you have not been contacted for your drug test/initial screening and that you know people with higher list numbers than you who have. Just say "hey, I know a couple people who have been contacted but I haven't and they have higher list numbers than me, have I been passed over or something?" If you get the right person, they will check for you. They do pass over people sometimes. They make mistakes. You have to be in control and stay on top of them. If I didn't contact them myself when I did, I wouldn't be in school car now. Persistance is the key to acheiving anything in life. So what if they get annoyed by you calling, its what they get paid to do.

Edited by Success7

Ask for the train operator liaison and tell her your list # and the situation. She is the only one that officially knows the numbers that were sent correspondence and what u need to do to straighten it all out. Contact her through human resources.

No I don't believe so..they should b contacting every1 on the list within there needs..from wat I understand and ppl who know for sure plz correct me.the 1 & 3 would be used in the promo so they would promote at least 1 person if 3 weren't really considered because of various scenarios I.e poor attendance record..but I remember reading here b4 of someone complaining abt the 1 & 3 being abused for the B/O exam forgot if it was a O/C or Promo

I figured as much. I just hope the person with the list # in the 330's gets they're matter resolved. I could only imagine how I'd feel if the same happened to me. Hey Justin08 - they're getting close to our #'s!! :-). Keeping my fingers crossed!! BTW, does anyone know the upcoming class schedule for '13?

I figured as much. I just hope the person with the list # in the 330's gets their matter resolved. I could only imagine how I'd feel if the same happened to me. Hey Justin08 - they're getting close to our #'s!! :-). Keeping my fingers crossed!! BTW, does anyone know the upcoming class schedule for '13?

No I don't believe so..they should b contacting every1 on the list within there needs..from wat I understand and ppl who know for sure plz correct me.the 1 & 3 would be used in the promo so they would promote at least 1 person if 3 weren't really considered because of various scenarios I.e poor attendance record..but I remember reading here b4 of someone complaining abt the 1 & 3 being abused for the B/O exam forgot if it was a O/C or Promo

That was actually an O/C list where they were using the 1 in 3 rule. Either way, you should get a letter of some kind regardless.

I'm waiting for a letter for C/R myself, but since there are a couple of people right behind me that havent posted anything here yet (well... one really, the other one got called in for T/O first) I'm not getting myself too worried just yet. Maybe SeVenSinZ's letter got lost in the mail? Either way, he should call on Monday.

I figured as much. I just hope the person with the list # in the 330's gets they're matter resolved. I could only imagine how I'd feel if the same happened to me. Hey Justin08 - they're getting close to our #'s!! :-). Keeping my fingers crossed!! BTW, does anyone know the upcoming class schedule for '13?

I know the list is moving good so far, maybe well be in the same class im hoping for March or April and hope some cool ppl on here are in my class that would be KOOLaid =P