Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the list is moving good so far, maybe well be in the same class im hoping for March or April and hope some cool ppl on here are in my class that would be KOOLaid =P

Cool people like myself?? Haha. Hope you get called soon. This list is moving fairly quick. Only one more week till I start!

How much of a factor is credit history?

None whatsoever

1st of all, wheewwww!!

2nd, I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, but why do they make you sign a release saying they will look at your credit report and use it when determining your eligibility then?

1st of all, wheewwww!!

2nd, I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, but why do they make you sign a release saying they will look at your credit report and use it when determining your eligibility then?

500s just got my letter. Reporting on the 13th, see you all then. Wish me luck and good luck to you all that got theirs and those still waiting.

Congrats RobbM! Is it possible to give a closer range of your list #? Thanks. Once again good luck!

Happy Festivus for the rest of us!

500s just got my letter. Reporting on the 13th, see you all then. Wish me luck and good luck to you all that got theirs and those still waiting.

Shit I should start getting ready then. This is moving faster than the conductor list. I guess alot of people are not making it all the way to final processing, found a better job, died waiting for a letter, got arrested, who knows....

Listen, call this #3476438229. Don't just ask what list number they are up to, talk firmly but politely and let them know your name and your list number, then state that you have not been contacted for your drug test/initial screening and that you know people with higher list numbers than you who have. Just say "hey, I know a couple people who have been contacted but I haven't and they have higher list numbers than me, have I been passed over or something?" If you get the right person, they will check for you. They do pass over people sometimes. They make mistakes. You have to be in control and stay on top of them. If I didn't contact them myself when I did, I wouldn't be in school car now. Persistance is the key to acheiving anything in life. So what if they get annoyed by you calling, its what they get paid to do.

I plan on giving them a call early Monday morning to try and get this all figured out. It really freaks me out that the opportunity of a lifetime just passes me by like that.. it isn't fair that all these people behind me in the list is jumping for joy because they've recieved a letter or call but I'm still here wondering why I haven't gotten anything. Trust me, I can't wait for Monday morning.

Ask for the train operator liaison and tell her your list # and the situation. She is the only one that officially knows the numbers that were sent correspondence and what u need to do to straighten it all out. Contact her through human resources.

I'm gonna make sure that I ask for her if I can't get any accurate information from the desk. Hopefully I won't be dealing with people who's going to have a bad case of the Monday's!

Shit I should start getting ready then. This is moving faster than the conductor list. I guess alot of people are not making it all the way to final processing, found a better job, died waiting for a letter, got arrested, who knows....

Dan05979: what is your list range?

I figured as much. I just hope the person with the list # in the 330's gets they're matter resolved. I could only imagine how I'd feel if the same happened to me. Hey Justin08 - they're getting close to our #'s!! :-). Keeping my fingers crossed!! BTW, does anyone know the upcoming class schedule for '13?

HI BX Girl: what is your list range? good luck when its your turn!

Cool people like myself?? Haha. Hope you get called soon. This list is moving fairly quick. Only one more week till I start!

None whatsoever

Haha Moose I would love to be in ur class ;)..either way well all be extras if we all are in the same Div so well prob all run into each other at some point

GL to you next Monday begins the journey :)

No I don't believe so..they should b contacting every1 on the list within there needs..from wat I understand and ppl who know for sure plz correct me.the 1 & 3 would be used in the promo so they would promote at least 1 person if 3 weren't really considered because of various scenarios I.e poor attendance record..but I remember reading here b4 of someone complaining abt the 1 & 3 being abused for the B/O exam forgot if it was a O/C or Promo

Not necessarily. From what was mentioned when I went through orienation the 1 in 3 rule does apply to open competitive exams. They will also go into detail about that during your first week when they talk about civil service exams.

Because if you owe thousands of dollars somewhere, they want to know about it. People with poor credit also tend to be less trustworthy. I haven't ever heard of someone being denied a job here due to credit tho...

Well my credit is not so good. I fell behind on the bills after 3yrs ago after a bad break up with my ex. I did keep paying them as best as I could. None went into collection or default judgment. when looking at your credit most employers look at your being responsible. If the see a trend of no payments, irresponsible spending, judgements or defaults then it will hurt you.

Edited by elantra06

Uh ohhh. I'm having trouble tracking down my birth cert and ss card and I have to report Wednesday am.!!!!!! Anyone have some insight as to what may happen in this situation? I'm going to dig through my file cabinet when I get home from work, worse case I can get a copy of birth cert mon or tues, but the ss card takes 10 days.

I went on Thursday for the Final Medical and Interview. Passed the medical with no problems. Met an attractive woman who was there for final medical and interview also, was surprised when she said she was there for train operator also! Then after all the medical stuff I met with the person for the interview and first thing asked was if I had any pending traffic violations on my license I had to close out. I have 2 so it was explained to me they cant hire me until I get the two tickets out of the way. Looks like I wont be in the Dec 17th class unless I can get the tickets finished off by then. Maybe its a good thing? I guess I could get first division pick when I get into the next class because of my list number having more senority right?

Edited by Warduke

Maybe its a good thing? I guess I could get first division pick when I get into the next class because of my list number having more senority right?

Im in the same sweet position with my medical hold. Im in the 250s and i'll probably be in a class with some 400s. But shhh, if too many people do this they wont let us pick our own divisions anymore! (Im guessing)

I went on Thursday for the Final Medical and Interview. Passed the medical with no problems. Met an attractive woman who was there for final medical and interview also, was surprised when she said she was there for train operator also! Then after all the medical stuff I met with the person for the interview and first thing asked was if I had any pending traffic violations on my license I had to close out. I have 2 so it was explained to me they cant hire me until I get the two tickets out of the way. Looks like I wont be in the Dec 17th class unless I can get the tickets finished off by then. Maybe its a good thing? I guess I could get first division pick when I get into the next class because of my list number having more senority right?

This must be new because I had pending traffic violations and they never asked me that when I was there for C/R. What does this have to do with you being train operator? this is a non driving job. Unless you gave them reason to look into it, or you put it down somewhere.

This must be new because I had pending traffic violations and they never asked me that when I was there for C/R. What does this have to do with you being train operator? this is a non driving job. Unless you gave them reason to look into it, or you put it down somewhere.

The problem is, They don't want you missing time for court appearances. If you don't tell them you have any pending and they come up while in school car, you will be terminated !

The problem is, They don't want you missing time for court appearances.

Thats exactly what I was told.

If you don't tell them you have any pending and they come up while in school car, you will be terminated !

Thats why I listed it on the 21 page application. I listed everything I could remember. I even wrote down that I probably had jobs I had forgotten about since I cant remember every job I had since High School. I was completely honest because I dont want to get fired for them thinking I intentionally left something out or lied. I take this very seriously and dont want to get pulled out of school car.

Edited by Warduke

Haha Moose I would love to be in ur class ;)..either way well all be extras if we all are in the same Div so well prob all run into each other at some point

GL to you next Monday begins the journey :)

Thanks! I hope My list is good enough to get which division I want. And of course well be extras. Im sure we'll cross paths one day